Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Info suggests Trump associates may have coordinated with Russians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    And you have condemned him as guilty before there is even any evidence.
    Wrong, theres plenty of evidence, there is just no absolute proof that Trump has any awareness of whats going on around him, at least no proof that has yet come out. Was Trump aware of the fact that the man he signed on as NSA was a foreign agent, did he know that he was communicating with the Russians over sanctions, did he know that P. Manafort was basically a Russian agent before he brought him on as campaign manager, did he know that Carter Page once passed documents to Russian spies, did he know that Wilber Ross was a big wig at Deutche Bank which was where the Russian Oligarchs did all their money laundering? There are so many people on Trump's team with connections to Russia that I can't remember them all off the top of my head, but who picked these people, why, and were they vetted at all? If so why were they still hired? So, there is no absolute proof, it may be that Trump is just a complete dupe, and has no idea whats going on around him, but that I think is highly unlikely considering his own connections to Russia and his constant praise of Putin.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Wrong, theres plenty of evidence, there is just no absolute proof that Trump has any awareness of whats going on around him, at least no proof that has yet come out. Was Trump aware of the fact that the man he signed on as NSA was a foreign agent, did he know that he was communicating with the Russians over sanctions, did he know that P. Manafort was basically a Russian agent before he brought him on as campaign manager, did he know that Carter Page once passed documents to Russian spies, did he know that Wilber Ross was a big wig at Deutche Bank which was where the Russian Oligarchs did all their money laundering? There are so many people on Trump's team with connections to Russia that I can't remember them all off the top of my head, but who picked these people, why, and were they vetted at all? If so why were they still hired? So, there is no absolute proof, it may be that Trump is just a complete dupe, and has no idea whats going on around him, but that I think is highly unlikely considering his own connections to Russia and his constant praise of Putin.
      There is no evidence. Just inuendo and rumors, by anonymous sources.

Comment

There is no evidence. Just inuendo and rumors, by anonymous sources.
        And that's all it has ever been, going all the way back to Hillary's claim during one of the debates that "A dozen intelligence agencies are pretty darn certain Russia is up to something!" And come to find out, we don't have any good evidence that Russia was even involved in the first place with Crowdstrike being discredited.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          And that's all it has ever been, going all the way back to Hillary's claim during one of the debates that "A dozen intelligence agencies are pretty darn certain Russia is up to something!" And come to find out, we don't have any good evidence that Russia was even involved in the first place with Crowdstrike being discredited.
          What I find really hilarious is that Jimmy and Tassy think that RUMORS of FBI investigations means automatic guilt on Trump's part, yet a few months ago, ACTUAL FBI Investigations against Hillary didn't mean anything at all, she was innocent!

Comment

What I find really hilarious is that Jimmy and Tassy think that RUMORS of FBI investigations means automatic guilt on Trump's part, yet a few months ago, ACTUAL FBI Investigations against Hillary didn't mean anything at all, she was innocent!
            And they continued to proclaim Hillary's innocence even after Comey laid out an open-and-shut case against her during his testimony, and even though he recommended no indictment (Why!), he went on to admit that if it was anybody other than Hillary then they would have faced consequences.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

What I find really hilarious is that Jimmy and Tassy think that RUMORS of FBI investigations means automatic guilt on Trump's part,
              Come now! Comey announced to the House Investigation Committee (before it was derailed by the partisan antics of Nunes) that the FBI is investigating possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Moscow to influence the outcome of the presidential election. That's more than "just rumours" nor does it mean "automatic guilt". But it DOES mean that there is sufficient reason to pursue to investigation. And, given the number of Trump associates with known close contacts with Russia, one can understand why.
              Last edited by Tassman; 04-07-2017, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                You are exonerating Trump before the investigation is completed, which is premature. Especially given the number of Trump associates with some sort of involvement with Russia. Yes its merely circumstantial evidence at this stage but there's a hell of a lot of it and growing.
                Nothing they are accusing him of is illegal. That's the point...
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  Nothing they are accusing him of is illegal. That's the point...
                  Personally, they haven't accused him of anything yet, its under investigation, thats the point. But either way you look at it is not good for Trump, either he was complicit in the hiring of people he knew to be shady characters, or he's an incompetent boob who has no business being in the White House.

Comment

Personally, they haven't accused him of anything yet, its under investigation, thats the point. But either way you look at it is not good for Trump, either he was complicit in the hiring of people he knew to be shady characters, or he's an incompetent boob who has no business being in the White House.
                    Sparko and I were discussing this earlier and we had reached the conclusion that there were only two possible options but we didn't know them.
                    Thanks for identifying the only two possible options for us.
                    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Again, neither option is illegal.
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        Again, neither option is illegal.
                        Actually yeah it is, being an incompetent boob is not illegal, but if Trump was complicit in aiding a foriegn entity in their attempt to undermine the U.S. electoral process and democracy itself, it is illegal.

Comment

Actually yeah it is, being an incompetent boob is not illegal, but if Trump was complicit in aiding a foriegn entity in their attempt to undermine the U.S. electoral process and democracy itself, it is illegal.
                          See, that's the thing. What part of the "electoral process" did Russia mess with? Engaging in propaganda isn't messing with the process of elections.
                          That's what
                          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Trump wasn't in power when the emails were stolen.
                            The incompetent boobs who was in power: Hillary Clinton.

If Trump is guilty of a crime I want him to go down hard.
                            Would you be willing to say the same of Hillary Clinton?
                            Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

• Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                              Sparko and I were discussing this earlier and we had reached the conclusion that there were only two possible options but we didn't know them.
                              Thanks for identifying the only two possible options for us.
                              I am still trying to figure out the "he is innocent but an incompetent boob" Option. If he is innocent and had no connection to any Russian Conspiracy to fix the election, then that means he won the election on his own merits and did not cheat, so how does that make him an incompetent boob like JimL?

Comment

I am still trying to figure out the "he is innocent but an incompetent boob" Option. If he is innocent and had no connection to any Russian Conspiracy to fix the election, then that means he won the election on his own merits and did not cheat, so how does that make him an incompetent boob like JimL?
                                I've been reading through JimL's posts.
                                I get the vague impression he really doesn't care for Donald Trump.

Don't take my word for it; ask him, I don't want to assume here.

Comment