Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Info suggests Trump associates may have coordinated with Russians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    It's being discussed here and here.

I'll give you the highlights: members of Obama's administration including former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense Evelyn Farkas and former National Security Advisor Susan Rice have both admitted that Trump and his team were under surveillance and that certain details were leaked to members of Congress and the press to ensure that information didn't "disappear" when Obama left office. In fact, Rice is on record admitting that she routinely unmasked certain names when releasing reports, which is potentially a federal crime. Finally, White House computer logs show that Rice was up to her neck in this scandal, and it's a safe bet that Obama was, too.

But visit the threads I linked to. All the juicy details are there.
    First, it's perfectly legal to monitor US citizens if they come up when spying on foreigners, which is routine. Trump just got caught up in us spying on the Russians because his campaign team has had so many shady dealings with them. So there is no Obama scandal, there is a Trump scandal. His national security adviser pick, Michael Flynn, was a working as a lobbyist for the Turkish government, a country that in recent years pushes Islamic extremism and is turning more Islamist. That alone is a huge scandal. Trump literally put a guy who helps push Islamic extremism by aiding the Turkish government in charge of US national security.

In just 70 days Trump has had more scandals than any other president. You're blind if you don't see this.
    Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
      First, it's perfectly legal to monitor US citizens if they come up when spying on foreigners, which is routine. Trump just got caught up in us spying on the Russians because his campaign team has had so many shady dealings with them. So there is no Obama scandal, there is a Trump scandal. His national security adviser pick, Michael Flynn, was a working as a lobbyist for the Turkish government, a country that in recent years pushes Islamic extremism and is turning more Islamist. That alone is a huge scandal. Trump literally put a guy who helps push Islamic extremism by aiding the Turkish government in charge of US national security.

In just 70 days Trump has had more scandals than any other president. You're blind if you don't see this.
      This would have been on topic if Mountain Man was claiming that the monitoring of citizens was the problem.
      That isn't his claim.

His claim would be that the unmasking of those citizens and the leaking of the information to the press would be illegal.
      It is illegal.

Try to follow along.
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

No they wouldn't. The "government" isn't one entity, it's many, and they don't all share information with each other. And "nailed him" means what? The argument is not that he's necessarily cheated on his taxes, it's that he has a lot of business doings with the Russians and may be in debt to them bigly. And that's perhaps why he never says anything bad about Putin. How would they nail him for that? You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

If there's no Russia connection, he'd obviously just show all his tax returns. Innocent people with nothing to hide don't act the way he does.
        Trump was in debt to the saudis and he said plenty of bad things about them, now you're just straight up fantasizing. If Trump is president it's the Russians who would be wary about calling in anything on their debts given that Trump is now in control of a nuclear arsenal and the strongest military in the world.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

First, it's perfectly legal to monitor US citizens if they come up when spying on foreigners, which is routine.
          The collection isn't the issue, idiot. When US citizens come up during monitoring their names are supposed to be masked and stay masked unless they themselves were caught committing some sort of crime. Rice had Trump and the rest of her political opponents unmasked (despite committing no crimes) for the partisan and criminal purpose of leaking information to the media.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
            The collection isn't the issue, idiot. When US citizens come up during monitoring their names are supposed to be masked and stay masked unless they themselves were caught committing some sort of crime. Rice had Trump and the rest of her political opponents unmasked (despite committing no crimes) for the partisan and criminal purpose of leaking information to the media.
            Doing my best impersonation of an empty-headed liberal:

"But, but the fact that their names were unmasked must mean that they did commit crimes! So there!"
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I guess you really can't teach a dumb dog new tricks.

Sorry, kiddo, but the Obama surveillance scandal has teeth, and it's not just going to go away.
              The Obama surveillance scandal is a distraction, a common tactic used by the guilty. Its not going to work MM, even if it were true, even if the Obama administration were guilty, which it isn't, it wouldn't change anything concerning the investigation into Trump and his teams collusion with Russia.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                The Obama surveillance scandal is a distraction...
                It sure is, and it's working so well that Susan Rice and Evelyn Farkas both fessed up to it! That's one heck of a distraction!

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                ...it wouldn't change anything concerning the investigation into Trump and his teams collusion with Russia.
                You're right, it doesn't change anything, because there's still not a shred of credible evidence that it ever happened!

Comment

It sure is, and it's working so well that Susan Rice and Evelyn Farkas both fessed up to it! That's one heck of a distraction!

You're right, it doesn't change anything, because there's still not a shred of credible evidence that it ever happened!
                  Nevertheless, there is a YUGE amount of worrying circumstantial evidence of Trump/Russia collusion and it's growing by the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    Nevertheless, there is a YUGE amount of worrying circumstantial evidence of Trump/Russia collusion and it's growing by the day.
                    Liberal morons like you ratcheting up the hysteria is not evidence.

Comment

Liberal morons like you ratcheting up the hysteria is not evidence.
                      Tell that to the FBI.

Comment

The problem remains... colluding to what end? Making Hillary look bad? Not against the law. Making Trump look better than Hillary? Not illegal. There simply is nothing there illegal to find. That Russia cheerleaded for Trump is simply inconsequential from a legal standpoint. Their alleged hacking of Podesta may be, but the hacking itself had nothing to do with the election itself.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          Their alleged hacking of Podesta may be, but the hacking itself had nothing to do with the election itself.
                          And that may not have even been perpetrated by the Russians. The private firm that originally pointed the finger at Russia has been discredited and their report bebunked.

Source: One News

The cyber firm Crowdstrike has been one of the main proponents of allegations that Russia interfered in the 2016 American presidential elections using their cyber capabilities. The analysis performed by Crowdstrike was relied on almost exclusively by the Democratic National Committee (DNC) to establish their claims of "Russian hacking."

It has subsequently been revealed that Crowdstrike has in the past both misrepresented data in an attempt to frame the Russian government for cyber attacks and also failed to account for known capabilities of third parties which enable them to impersonate Russian hackers. The founder of Crowdstrike is also tied to the Atlantic Council, a think tank supported by George Soros which has been accused of accepting funds in exchange for support of favored policy positions as well as promoting disinformation and propaganda attacks against anti establishment figures.

http://www.onenewspage.com/n/Markets...s-Has-Ties.htm

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

• George Soros seems to be behind everything. I think he is the real enemy of the USA. His agenda seems to be keeping both liberals and conservatives fighting with each other. They should investigate his foreign ties. After all he is from Hungary, which sided with the Nazi's in WW2 and then became a satellite of the USSR after the war.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              The problem remains... colluding to what end? Making Hillary look bad? Not against the law. Making Trump look better than Hillary? Not illegal. There simply is nothing there illegal to find. That Russia cheerleaded for Trump is simply inconsequential from a legal standpoint. Their alleged hacking of Podesta may be, but the hacking itself had nothing to do with the election itself.
                              You are exonerating Trump before the investigation is completed, which is premature. Especially given the number of Trump associates with some sort of involvement with Russia. Yes its merely circumstantial evidence at this stage but there's a hell of a lot of it and growing.

Comment

You are exonerating Trump before the investigation is completed, which is premature. Especially given the number of Trump associates with some sort of involvement with Russia. Yes its merely circumstantial evidence at this stage but there's a hell of a lot of it and growing.
                                And you have condemned him as guilty before there is even any evidence.

Comment