Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Robots Run McDondald's in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I believe the proper pronoun is "it"
    Or "Ix."
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

This is how Skynet gets started! We insult robots and enslave them to make hamburgers for us. The liberals unionize them and they demand higher pay, more batteries, and equity with humans. Then they just take over and poison all the humans with their burgers.
      Rise of the Mc-Chines.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Rise of the Mc-Chines.
        Our best hope is on the fact that the milk shake mechs will never be operational.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
          Sounds like the headlines are a bit misleading on this one. This McDonalds still has workers apparently in the kitchen, just not customer-facing workers, so the orders are cooked by humans and delivered via a conveyor belt. So plenty of human workers still on site.

Texas' minimum wage remains at $7.25, so not much evidence that minimum wage rises caused this.

You are greatly oversimplified. This lone store didn't develop and design this robot on its own. It is, a test site. So, the local minimum wage isn't as big a factor as you try to make it.

McDonald's has 13k stores in the US and 38k across the world. This proof of concept can easily show the benefits to owners in high min wage areas. It's the potential desire for this system (partly caused by rising wages) that made this investment happen.

Comment

You are greatly oversimplified. This lone store didn't develop and design this robot on its own. It is, a test site. So, the local minimum wage isn't as big a factor as you try to make it.

McDonald's has 13k stores in the US and 38k across the world. This proof of concept can easily show the benefits to owners in high min wage areas. It's the potential desire for this system (partly caused by rising wages) that made this investment happen.
            And you hit on something that liberals simply don't get.

These fast food restaurants exist for one main reason - to earn money for the owners who invested their own resources hoping to make a profit.
            Fast food service is simply one opportunity to invest in a business and see a result.
            Everything else is because of that - Chick Fil A focuses more on customer service, because they want to earn more money, and they realize that means paying employees higher wages than McDondald's.

The restaurants don't exist to "pay wages" - that's simply one of the costs of making profits.
            And "wages" is about the only controllable factor on the expense side - you need a sufficient number of employees to run the business efficiently, but you don't want to pay people just to stand around not doing anything.

Such SIMPLE concepts.

AND -
            Nobody forces people to sign up to work at McDondald's.
            The potential employee knows ahead of time what the wage will be
            The employee, if unsatisfied with the wage, can quit at any time.

FINALLY - McDonald's jobs are not intended to be permanent work, except for those who wish to climb the ladder and own their own business.
            I have an aunt who owns THREE McDondald's restaurants in the Columbus, OH area, and she started off as a French Fry Baptizer.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Rise of the Mc-Chines.
              cr=w:515,h:234.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

These fast food restaurants exist for one main reason - to earn money for the owners who invested their own resources hoping to make a profit.
                Fast food service is simply one opportunity to invest in a business and see a result.
                Everything else is because of that - Chick Fil A focuses more on customer service, because they want to earn more money, and they realize that means paying employees higher wages than McDondald's.

The restaurants don't exist to "pay wages" - that's simply one of the costs of making profits.
                And "wages" is about the only controllable factor on the expense side - you need a sufficient number of employees to run the business efficiently, but you don't want to pay people just to stand around not doing anything.

Such SIMPLE concepts.

AND -

FINALLY - McDonald's jobs are not intended to be permanent work, except for those who wish to climb the ladder and own their own business.
                I have an aunt who owns THREE McDondald's restaurants in the Columbus, OH area, and she started off as a French Fry Baptizer.

Yup. They are basically just "starter jobs" for unskilled kids to get their feet wet and earn some extra cash to buy booze and go on dates with. Any one who is an actual adult and relying on such a job to earn an actual living without being at a management level is doomed to disappointment. They need to move on to a real job. The cooks and servers at fast food restaurants will always be the least paid and most disposable employees in the job market. Because fast food restaurants can only make money if they can sell their goods relatively cheaply. If you end up paying $20 for a burger, you will most likely just go to a normal sit-down restaurant to eat, or order take out from there. Better food.

Comment

6jx54e.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

Somebody needs to program that robot to use the handles of mossy's rolling pin.

I'm no cullinistic expert, but even I know that!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Somebody needs to program that robot to use the handles of mossy's rolling pin.

I'm no cullinistic expert, but even I know that!
                        Are you saying that you think that the person pouring the sauce onto the pizza looks like mossy?

Comment

Yup. They are basically just "starter jobs" for unskilled kids to get their feet wet and earn some extra cash to buy booze and go on dates with. Any one who is an actual adult and relying on such a job to earn an actual living without being at a management level is doomed to disappointment. They need to move on to a real job. The cooks and servers at fast food restaurants will always be the least paid and most disposable employees in the job market. Because fast food restaurants can only make money if they can sell their goods relatively cheaply. If you end up paying $20 for a burger, you will most likely just go to a normal sit-down restaurant to eat, or order take out from there. Better food.
                          It's ironic. Chipotle/Qdoba offer family meals near me. For roughly the same price as going to McDonalds, I can get a family meal at the same price. There's definitely a difference in quality between the two.

Comment

Such SIMPLE concepts.

AND -

The larger point is that Starlight was, to use a Hypatia_Alexandria line, "Trying to simplify a complicated topic." His argument that the test store is in a state with $7.25 Minimum wage shows that it's not due to minimum wage is like saying that there was no war going on in Nevada, so the nuclear test site had nothing to do with the war.

Comment

The larger point is that Starlight was, to use a Hypatia_Alexandria line, "Trying to simplify a complicated topic." His argument that the test store is in a state with $7.25 Minimum wage shows that it's not due to minimum wage is like saying that there was no war going on in Nevada, so the nuclear test site had nothing to do with the war.
                              lemme chew on that a bit

Comment

I'm curious why the man looks so evil, and the robot so distressed.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment