Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

If Christian Nationalism Succeeded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

I would agree with shunyadragon , stay on topic. The topic of this thread is " what would happen if Christians took over the US?"
    That depends upon which Christians.
    There are so many differing Churches and Creeds within Christianity.
    Some accept the LGBT community and same sex civil partnerships, some accept female and gay priests. Others would introduce a very strict biblical law in to force with public executions based upon sentences from Leviticus and Deuteronomy.

So which Christians do you want to talk about?

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post
      Yup - my point earlier.

Some accept the LGBT community and same sex civil partnerships, some accept female and gay priests. Others would introduce a very strict biblical law in to force with public executions based upon sentences from Leviticus and Deuteronomy.

Just out of curiosity, can you identify the group of Christians in the US who would "introduce a very strict biblical law in to force with public executions based upon sentences from Leviticus and Deuteronomy"?

Thanks.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Is Christianity Today lying when they say that Christian Nationalists do not advocate for a theorcracy?
        But what about a theocracy?

Two in two days. Just to make me look good. I loves ya brudda.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I quoted Bahauallah's words, and Mr Effendi's, and the World leaders'......... Your repeated denials begin to look like.....denialism.
          It's best to focus upon what Bahai has written, I think.

Sounds like ''Look at that lot..... You see? Bahai is not so bad after all...... ''
          You can't hide behind Islam and Christianity....... you can't.

Well, at least you are including the T in LGBT now, so you've learned something about Bahai, I guess.
          Not hiding behind anything.

Comment

Those that Advocate Christian Nationalism. They do not propose a Theocracy.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Yes, I contest the citation as simplistic grossly incomplete based on the post I posted with a citation which you have failed to respond to.
              You have been given the website for the quote. Since you have previously claimed many people would be excluded from a Christian Nationalist nation from holding office, please cite a contemporary source for your claim.
              P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Any "biblical" law would have to follow the Mosaic system. The Mosaic system has been invalid since the destruction of the Second Temple (and also since the NT). Capital punishment has been practically extinct in practice for centuries in Rabbinic Tradition.
                P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

This cleaned up brief Reader's Digest version is not what Christina Nationalist actually believe, and more correctly cited in my post #62. Well ah . . . if you believe in Marjorie that the Republican Party should be a 'Christian Republican Party and the rest of the extreme baggage she carries including the conspiracies then you have known for a long time you were and are a Christian Nationalist.
                  Frank I would love it if everyone was a Christian, not just Republicans. I guess that makes me a Christian Globalist!!!!

Come, Lord Jesus!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Frank I would love it if everyone was a Christian, not just Republicans. I guess that makes me a Christian Globalist!!!!

Come, Lord Jesus!
                    OK, but I am citing and referencing sources of those that believe in 'Christian Nationalism,' and reject the separation of religion and secular state, The belief in Christian Globalism can possibly be the same with the belief in ;Christian Nationalism on a global scale particularly of one rejects the separation of religion and secular state.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Any "biblical" law would have to follow the Mosaic system. The Mosaic system has been invalid since the destruction of the Second Temple (and also since the NT). Capital punishment has been practically extinct in practice for centuries in Rabbinic Tradition.
                      The present movement of Christian Nationalism is not and does not propose a return to Mosaic Law nor Rabbinic tradition. It is more based on New Testament beliefs and references,

Comment

OK, but I am citing and referencing sources of those that believe in 'Christian Nationalism,' and reject the separation of religion and secular state, The belief in Christian Globalism can possibly be the same with the belief in ;Christian Nationalism on a global scale particularly of one rejects the separation of religion and secular state.
                        The separation of church and state is a boogie man that atheists like to use in order to force all religion out of government. All it means is that the government can't have an official church, like the church of England. It doesn't mean that the government can't run on religious principals. Most of our laws are based on religion, such as "thou shalt not kill/steal/etc" - and it doesn't mean that government officials can't be religious themselves or have religion in the government. Heck Congress has had Christian Chaplains since the start of the country and each session of congress is opened with a prayer!

Basing government on religious or even Christian guidelines does not make it a "theocracy"

Comment

The present movement of Christian Nationalism is not and does not propose a return to Mosaic Law nor Rabbinic tradition. It is more based on New Testament beliefs and references,
                          Yeah, that "love thy neighbor" is a real booger!
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Those that Advocate Christian Nationalism. They do not propose a Theocracy.
                            Well, there ya have it! No worries!

Comment

I consider myself pretty well connected in the religion sphere, and about the only time I hear about 'Christian Nationalism' is when I read Frank's threads.
                              On one of my local Christian radio stations, there is one group that is probably borderline Christian Nationalist. Otherwise, I agree that in my religious sphere I rarely hear about Christian Nationalism.
                              "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Well, there ya have it! No worries!
                                Only for those who believe in Christian Nationalism and the domination of a Christian Republican party with domination of the their agenda without any consideration of those who believe differently.

Comment