Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What do you personally define as "political correctness"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    No, it wasn't. Learn to read.
    yes, it was. You are just so embarrassed at your idiotic claim that you are trying to backpedal. moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
      The Nazis were generally well-educated, not mind-controlled by religious fundamentalism, lived in a country that knew about and understood liberal and progressive values. I don't see that there's any excuses for their actions.
      Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      wait. what? You just called the very poster boys for fascism "liberal".

...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAHAAAAAHAHAHAHA!
      People who are "well-educated, not mind-controlled by religious fundamentalism, [and] lived in a country that knew about and understood liberal and progressive values" are necessarily liberal? That doesn't make any sense. Would you call a non-religious economist who doesn't believe in government influence in the economy a liberal? What about a member of the alt-right who went to college?
      Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

And they forcibly edited it here!!
        Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
          And they forcibly edited it here!!
          yeah sorry, it had a bad word in it. I didn't notice it, and we thought it was on point so Rogue edited the photo to remove the word.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Show me any where in the CONSTITUTION where I can be forced , by law, to serve another man. I will be waiting...
            Taxes.
            Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Show me any where in the CONSTITUTION where I can be forced , by law, to serve another man. I will be waiting...
              under several different parts of the United States Constitution, principally its power to regulate interstate commerce under Article One (section 8), its duty to guarantee all citizens equal protection of the laws under the Fourteenth Amendment and its duty to protect voting rights under the Fifteenth Amendment. The Act was signed into law by President Lyndon B. Johnson on July 2, 1964, at the White House." Cited Wiki.

Comment

In America, Muslims Are More Likely to Support Gay Marriage Than Evangelical Christians. The Muslim bakers probably baked the cake. Also, a lot of liberals have sympathy for Muslims in the US because of how relentlessly persecuted they are by the Christian majority.
                Say what?

From your link:

PF-2015-11-03_RLS_II-66.png
                http://www.pewforum.org/2015/11/03/u...-03_rls_ii-66/

Muslim: 42% favor, 52% oppose
                Evangelicals: 28% favour, 64% oppose.

In America, Muslims Are More Likely to Support Gay Marriage Than Evangelical Christians: 42% vs 28%.

That's still a majority opposing.
                True. But it's a much smaller majority than among evangelicals.
                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                  Evangelicals: 28% favour, 64% oppose.

In America, Muslims Are More Likely to Support Gay Marriage Than Evangelical Christians: 42% vs 28%.

True. But it's a much smaller majority than among evangelicals.
                  Why are you pitting all Muslims against only Evangelical Christians? The numbers look a lot different if you place like against like. So, all Muslims types vs. all Christian types, or more Quranically conservative Muslims vs. more Biblically conservative Christians.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                    Why are you pitting all Muslims against only Evangelical Christians? The numbers look a lot different if you place like against like. So, all Muslims types vs. all Christian types, or more Quranically conservative Muslims vs. more Biblically conservative Christians.
                    anything to support their narrative.

Comment

Honesty does not matter to Roy it seems.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        Honesty does not matter to Roy it seems.
                        Maybe, though he's usually better than that. Looking back, it looks like Starlight was the one who initially made the comparison. Definitely no surprise there.

Comment

Tazzy Wazzy just wants you to be a slave, so stop objecting and get to work or else.
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Because it makes Christians look bad.
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                              under several different parts of the United States Constitution, principally its power to regulate interstate commerce under Article One (section 8), its duty to guarantee all citizens equal protection of the laws under the Fourteenth Amendment and its duty to protect voting rights under the Fifteenth Amendment. The Act was signed into law by President Lyndon B. Johnson on July 2, 1964, at the White House." Cited Wiki.
                              But that has nothing to do with discrimination based on sexual orientation, and two - it is clearly wrong headed. And equal protection under the law has zero to do with what a private business man does, but how the Government deals with the citizens,. But you are correct - liberals have been taking away our freedoms for generations.
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

But that has nothing to do with discrimination based on sexual orientation, and two - it is clearly wrong headed. And equal protection under the law has zero to do with what a private business man does, but how the Government deals with the citizens,. But you are correct - liberals have been taking away our freedoms for generations.
                                All forum of discrimination against law abiding citizens (including LGBT folk) by Public Accommodations, are contrary to the Civil Rights Act of 1964...as several courts have ruled.

Comment