Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The revolution will eat you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maxvel
    Has any poster here who holds progressive-liberal or left-leaning political views come out and simply condemned the increasing use of violence to shut down speech, target people supporting politicians the left doesn't like, and prevent people from even hearing someone express their views?
    Yes.

(goes back to talking about science)

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
      Sure. But let's not forget about the sovereign-staters and militiamen armed to the teeth, opposing federal law enforcement, and taking over public land. Each side has it's wacky element.
      Given the breadth of protests on the left, I think it's much harder to make the case they're on the fringe.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Given the breadth of protests on the left, I think it's much harder to make the case they're on the fringe.
        I think we can safely say that 99.9% of the left aren't interested in causing violence. I would wager that 99.9% of people aren't interested in fomenting active violence.
        "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
        Hear my cry, hear my shout,
        Save me, save me"

Comment

I think we can safely say that 99.9% of the left aren't interested in causing violence.
          I think we can safely say that you pulled that percentage out of your backside.

I don't know what the actual percentages are, but I do know that any widespread violent protest is more likely to be instigated by liberals than by conservatives.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I don't know what the actual percentages are, but I do know that any widespread violent protest is more likely to be instigated by liberals than by conservatives.
            http://www.chicksontheright.com/a-pr...d-its-awesome/

small pro trump rally. No cars burned, windows smashed, or violence.

Comment

LOL. I think that's a safe assumption. Sometimes when we say "99.9%" we are using overstatement to say "the overwhelming majority." etc.

I don't think the percentages are knowable. Back when the gun-nuts were worried that Obama was gonna take their guns, when the militias were predicting violent resistance to Obama's totalitarian state, I would have predicted otherwise. I mean, we did get two armed standoffs with the Bundy faction that, were it not for the restraint of law enforcement, could have gone sideways quickly. So now, I believe that 99.9% of people (the overwhelming majority, the actual number might be something more like 93.67% or 89.2%) don't want violent confrontation.

fwiw,
              guacamole
              Last edited by guacamole; 02-08-2017, 11:40 AM. Reason: too many commas
              "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
              Hear my cry, hear my shout,
              Save me, save me"

Comment

And what will they do if he doesn't?
                It wasn't mentioned in detail but their usual tactics are cyber attacks. So in essence they will probably try and hack government sites. That probably lead them into trouble and some jail time.

Comment

Sure. But let's not forget about the sovereign-staters and militiamen armed to the teeth, opposing federal law enforcement, and taking over public land. Each side has it's wacky element.
                  Yes, but those on the right usually just want to be left alone. Those on the left, on the other hand, tend toward a predilection to riot and be as disruptive as possible.
                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                    Yes.

I appreciate that in you.
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      I appreciate that in you.
                      Yes, Leonhard is a good liberal.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                          ... see it as evidence that he and his administration are Islamophobic.
                          While I don't think it is fair to judge all adherents of a religion by their worst actors statements like this make me wonder.

Do you remember 9/11?
                          Do you remember staring helplessly at the screen while thousands perished on live T.V.?

I do.

My aim here isn't to get overly dramatic but I have to wonder "How many people do they have to kill before some 'phobia' is reasonable, in your opinion?"
                          Marathon bombers, Pulse nightclub, these are just a few in recent memory - at what point do you think it is reasonable to be a little bit on edge?

I read where liberals on this forum get upset about Christian opposition to gay marriage - while at the same time defending the faith that motivated a young man to walk into a night club and gun down 50 homosexuals. We're importing people who throw gays off buildings but you're upset I use the word 'faggot'? I read where liberals are upset about women's rights - claiming Trump is going to end suffrage - while we important women and girls who've had their lady bits scraped off with clamshells - while women are forced to walk around in black sheets.

Given that I fail to see how I'm the dangerous one - how I'm the oppressor - how my views are a threat to freedom.
                          I don't expect you to explain any of that, in fact, please don't try.
                          I'm too bewildered by this whole issue.
                          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

At this point I assume liberals are just playing a long running joke on me.
                            "Hi Meh Gerbil, this is my friend Mohammad. He just knifed a nun. BTW, we both think you're a bad person."
                            Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Meh Gerbil: "I'm not so sure about same sex marriage; after all, it redefining a term that has been in use for a thousand years."
                              Liberal: "You are a hater. I need a safe space to get away from your hatred. You are a bad person."

Refugee: "Hi, do you know where the faggots hang out so I can gun them down?"
                              Liberal: "Take your visa, here is a check, and Welcome To America!"

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                                Yes.

I knew I could count on you, Leonhard.
                                ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment