Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Promiscuity: The real reason for Roe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EvoUK View Post

You've stolen their agency and the use of their bodies for 9 months, and then you start a thread on how it's all about 'promiscuity' and all the equally minging posters chime in. You're a pig.
    Thank for sharing, now leave my thread, oink, oink ...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
      The quantitative survey shows the questions, tabulates the responses, and breaks those down.
      Did I miss the bit where the survey canvasses the attitudes of the women prior to their pregnancy?

On what evidence from the survey do you make that observation? [/QUOTE]

Simple assessment of what happens in the world. Many congregation members commit themselves to Christian principles, many do not. Scant few women who do commit to Christian principles find themselves in a position to decide whether an abortion is advisable for their own "benefit."
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Did I miss the bit where the survey canvasses the attitudes of the women prior to their pregnancy?

On what evidence from the survey do you make that observation?
          Simple assessment of what happens in the world. Many congregation members commit themselves to Christian principles, many do not. Scant few women who do commit to Christian principles find themselves in a position to decide whether an abortion is advisable for their own "benefit."[/QUOTE]

Is this heading towards the assumption that no "true" Christian woman would have an abortion?
          "It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

Thank for sharing, now leave my thread, oink, oink ...
            I had a really good response to him, but you kicked him out.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I had a really good response to him, but you kicked him out.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

And your observation is borne out by the survey, where it is apparent that for some of those Christian women, the issues surrounding those campaigns were set aside when their personal situations required them to avail themselves of a legal abortion.
                So, your argument is what? That Christian women, when facing a terrible crisis, may be prone to seeking a permanent solution to a temporary problem?
                Is that it?
                Do you have idea how many "evangelical Christians" are on death row for capital murder, or serving life sentences for murder?

Just because somebody identifies on a survey as being "a Christian" or even an "Evangelical Christian" doesn't mean they aren't still human, and subject to making bad, or even horrible, choices.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Is this heading towards the assumption that no "true" Christian woman would have an abortion?
                  I don't know. Is that where you want it to go?
                  1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                  ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                  Scripture before Tradition:
                  but that won't prevent others from
                  taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                  of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

You tell us! You're the one who keeps pointing to "the survey" without telling what it is you conclude.

Come, on --- try really hard --- some cogent summary, please?

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                      ROE.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

So, your argument is what? That Christian women, when facing a terrible crisis, may be prone to seeking a permanent solution to a temporary problem?
                        I do not condemn any woman for having an abortion. I leave that behaviour to others.

However, the survey clearly shows that of the women surveyed a large percentage identified as Christian and they availed themselves of a legal right that many of their fellow Christians were campaigning to remove.

"It ain't necessarily so
                        The things that you're liable
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life
                        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

I do not condemn any woman for having an abortion. I leave that behaviour to others.
                          No, you're much more well known for defending debauchery, exhibitionism, and perverse behavior, including in front of children.

However, the survey clearly shows that of the women surveyed a large percentage identified as Christian and they availed themselves of a legal right that many of their fellow Christians were campaigning to remove.
                          OK, we've made a little progress.... so now let's see if you can actually turn that into some kind of point.

Comment

• Let's try this again

Does the fact that, in spite of Churches having long campaigned against suicide, including offering counselling etc., many Christians still commit suicide also amuse you?

Why or why not?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Let's try this again

Does the fact that, in spite of Churches having long campaigned against suicide, including offering counselling etc., many Christians still commit suicide also amuse you?

Why or why not?
                              Hypatia_Alexandria

smiley waiting-impatient.gif
                              ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Let's try this again

Why or why not?
                                When I lived in Huntsville, we did prison ministry at "The Walls Unit" - where the executions take place. Just about every convict I counseled with, including those on Death Row, had two things in common....

A) They were absolutely innocent, and had been framed*
                                2) They claimed to be Christian or Evangelical Christian.

The Church should stop saying crime and murder is wrong because of that.

*the most notable was the guy who was a barber in the prison barber shop where I got my haircut. One day, while he was shaving me (with the obligatory strait razor) I asked him, "So, what are you in here for".
                                He paused a minute, gave me a cold hard stare, and slowly drawled, "I kilt my wife and kids wid a razor knife".

Comment