Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Promiscuity: The real reason for Roe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I'm not talking to the report. I'm talking to you who made the claim.

You still haven't backed up your claim.
    And I have been referring to the women in that report.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
      In the first The Christian Post article only Christian women were discussed, to wit its headline "70% of Women Who Get Abortions Identify as Christians, Survey Finds"

In the second The Christian Post article:

According to Abortion Statistics compiled by the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America, '"Women identifying themselves as Protestants obtain 37.4% of all abortions in the U.S.; Catholic women account for 31.3%, Jewish women account for 1.3%, and women with no religious affiliation obtain 23.7% of all abortions. 18% of all abortions are performed on women who identify themselves as "Born-again/Evangelical."'
      Again, do you actually have a point?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I'm not talking to the report. I'm talking to you who made the claim.

You still haven't backed up your claim.
        Can you please clarify for me what her claim is, or was?

Thanks
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Can you please clarify for me what her claim is, or was?

Thanks
          Oh, she said:
          Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I think it is amusing that Christian women [and there may be more given that this survey sample was very small] were availing themselves of a legal option many of their fellow Christians were fighting to remove.
          By which her logic in the Justice thomas thread means that she has claimed that Christian Women are responsible for all abortions.

Comment

It illustrates a somewhat ironic situation. According to the OP

Numbered among those [according to @seer] are Christian women who attended church [some more than once a week] and who availed themselves of legal abortions.
            And?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
              The OP seems indistinguishable from parody.
              I'm still a bit surprised that no one has called the OP out as being a pig yet. That so many jumped on board is frankly disgusting.

Abortion exists because women are promiscuous? Really? Married women or women in long term relationships don't decide to get abortions if needed? It's only 'promiscuous' women? I'd do the rolled-eyed emoji, but to be honest the concept is too foul for such light-hearted emoticons.

Comment

Given the decades long campaign among numerous Christian groups it is evident that Christian women were having abortions. From the quantitative report:

As women considered their abortion decision, the most typical reactions/expectations that
                women received from a local church were judgmental or condemning. However, 36% did
                not receive any reaction nor had any expectations about how a church would respond

Table 2 – “At that same time, which of the following describe the reaction you received or would
                have expected to receive from a local church as you considered this decision? (Select all that
                apply)”

The reaction I received or expected was…
                Loving 13%
                Cold 16%
                Caring 16%
                Judgmental 33%
                Condemning 26%
                Helpful 14%
                Informative 9%
                Indifferent 8%
                Did not receive any reaction nor expectations 36%
                None of these 5%
                Women who were attending church at least once a month are more likely to describe the reaction
                at church as Loving (25% compared to 6% for those attending less), Caring (31% vs. 7%),
                Informative (17% vs. 5%) and Helpful (28% vs. 7%). However, these churchgoers are just as
                likely to describe the reaction as Cold (18% vs. 15%), Judgmental (34% vs. 33%), Condemning
                (27% vs. 25%), and Indifferent (11% vs. 7%). Those women who were attending church at least
                once a month are half as likely to say they did not receive any reaction nor had any expectations
                about how a church would respond (21% vs. 44%).
                Your non-answer and evasion are nice but irrelevant.

Let's try this again

Does the fact that, in spite of Churches having long campaigned against suicide, including offering counselling etc., many Christians still commit suicide also amuse you?

Why or why not?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

She seems to be saying that a number of Christian women were anti abortion until the chips were down.
                  I've known a number of women who considered themselves Christian despite an entrenched opposition to any restrictions on the availability of abortion, but it is not beyond reason to suppose that a woman will occasionally switch sides when the rubber* meets the road.

*no pun intended.
                  And your observation is borne out by the survey, where it is apparent that for some of those Christian women, the issues surrounding those campaigns were set aside when their personal situations required them to avail themselves of a legal abortion.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by EvoUK View Post

I'm still a bit surprised that no one has called the OP out as being a pig yet. That so many jumped on board is frankly disgusting.

Abortion exists because women are promiscuous? Really? Married women or women in long term relationships don't decide to get abortions if needed? It's only 'promiscuous' women? I'd do the rolled-eyed emoji, but to be honest the concept is too foul for such light-hearted emoticons.
                    The OP offers a simple and easy explanation to a complex issue and chimes with various prejudices concerning the moral character of women who seek abortions.
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

And?
                      I don't think she actually has a point, hence the repetitive nonsense.

Comment

And your observation is borne out by the survey, where it is apparent that for some of those Christian women, the issues surrounding those campaigns were set aside when their personal situations required them to avail themselves of a legal abortion.
                        So? And where does the survey provide details of the women's attitudes prior to the pregnancy? Many probably never had an objection to abortion.
                        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                        Scripture before Tradition:
                        but that won't prevent others from
                        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by EvoUK View Post

Hey idiot, did I only single out women? Abortion serves men as much, if not more, than women. How many women who unexpectedly got pregnant would have kept their child if they had a committed boy friend or husband by their side?

Abortion as the Ultimate Male Chauvinism

https://www.teii.org/women-their-unb...te-chauvinism/
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

So? And where does the survey provide details of the women's attitudes prior to the pregnancy?
                            The quantitative survey shows the questions, tabulates the responses, and breaks those down.

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                            Many probably never had an objection to abortion.
                            On what evidence from the survey do you make that observation?
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

Hey idiot, did I only single out women? Abortion serves men as much, if not more, than women. How many women who unexpectedly got pregnant would have kept their child if they had a committed boy friend or husband by their side?

Abortion as the Ultimate Male Chauvinism

https://www.teii.org/women-their-unb...te-chauvinism/
                              You've stolen their agency and the use of their bodies for 9 months, and then you start a thread on how it's all about 'promiscuity' and all the equally minging posters chime in. You're a pig.

Comment

The quantitative survey shows the questions, tabulates the responses, and breaks those down.
                                So, you SHOULD actually be able to make a point rather than shout "The SURVEY, the POLL, the ARTICLE"..... You can't, hence the diversions.

Comment