Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas School Slaughter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    No, all I'm doing is showing how biased you are.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Most of the time I disagree strongly with Gondwanaland (though I do admire his skill for non profane invective). strangely not in play today. On this occasion, I only strongly disagree with most of his points, but the most basic point is, I believe, valid.
      The commander was a veteran police officer by any meaningful standard. His annoyance with the other officers, not particularly justified, IMO.
      Actually as more info has come out, my annoyance is mostly with the local police - especially those who spent their time manhandling parents while kids were dying, the chief/commander here, and their useless swat team, not so much the border patrol agents who got fed up and ignored the local cops telling them to not breach (though I do wish they'd done it sooner).

Comment

Yes, we get it, you want to use a No True Scotsman to try to downplay this cop's behavior. What else is new?
        DOWNPLAY THIS COP'S BEHAVIOR?!?!?! Are you freakin' NUTS?!?!?!!?

I have THROUGHLY condemned him for his screw-up. It's BECAUSE of that that I see him not as a "real cop", but a guy with a gun and a badge who probably never should have been in law enforcement.

Tell you what, Gondy --- I'm going to excuse myself from your little emotional tirades, and get back to the facts of the case.

Please feel free to continue to spew forth hate and condemnation without me.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

And the Hypatia quotemining continues. Tell me, how did such a coward who cannot address basic facts in posts, get into law enforcement? Oh wait, nevermind, we can see that plenty of them managed to get into the Uvalde police department, so I guess it's not that hard to believe.

Comment

There is no escaping the fact that he is a real cop even though he behaved like a cosplay cop.
            Yeah, in that sense, I agreed.

On the evidence available, he couldn't even be called a bad cop - just useless to the point of being dangerous.
            He screwed up bigtime, and will deal with this for the rest of his life.

Comment

Yes, we get it, you want to use a No True Scotsman to try to downplay this cop's behavior. What else is new?
              It's an exceedingly fine line. In the current circumstances, your claim is valid. If he gets cashiered for the mess, the "no true Scotsman" condition won't be met.
              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
              Scripture before Tradition:
              but that won't prevent others from
              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

DOWNPLAY THIS COP'S BEHAVIOR?!?!?! Are you freakin' NUTS?!?!?!!?
                That's EXACTLY what you are doing. And exactly why you're so pissed off that I provided an actual set of facts showing you were wrong.
                I have THROUGHLY condemned him for his screw-up. It's BECAUSE of that that I see him not as a "real cop", but a guy with a gun and a badge who probably never should have been in law enforcement.
                One can condemn someone, yet downplay their actions/position. And that's exactly what you've done. Observably.

Tell you what, Gondy --- I'm going to excuse myself from your little emotional tirades,
                My, the irony given the first half of this post. Hypocrisy thy name is Hypa- oh wait, Cowpoke.

and get back to the facts of the case.

Please feel free to continue to spew forth hate and condemnation without me.
                No, I'll just continue to call you out on your attempts to downplay this cop and the fact that he was indeed a real cop, and your cowardly behavior that you've taken from Hypatia's book of quotemining out anything inconvenient for you to address.

Comment

• Back to facts....

After the crash, two men from a nearby funeral home ran toward the accident before the shooter emerged from the truck with a gun. They began running away and the gunman began firing at them. He did not hit either of the men.

The teacher spotted at the propped open door then ran back inside and grabbed a phone to call 911. The gunman began walking along the exterior of the school and started shooting in through the windows, according to police reports. The teacher then ran back inside the door, which remained propped open. The gunman entered through the door and entered a nearby classroom that was connected to another classroom through an interior door.

It appears the teacher was outside the propped-open door, or looking out it, and saw the gunman. For whatever reason, she runs back inside, leaving the door propped open, to call 9-11.

(So, she didn't go to the car to get her phone - it must have been in her classroom)

Comment

Back to facts....

After the crash, two men from a nearby funeral home ran toward the accident before the shooter emerged from the truck with a gun. They began running away and the gunman began firing at them. He did not hit either of the men.

The teacher spotted at the propped open door then ran back inside and grabbed a phone to call 911. The gunman began walking along the exterior of the school and started shooting in through the windows, according to police reports. The teacher then ran back inside the door, which remained propped open. The gunman entered through the door and entered a nearby classroom that was connected to another classroom through an interior door.

It appears the teacher was outside the propped-open door, or looking out it, and saw the gunman. For whatever reason, she runs back inside, leaving the door propped open, to call 9-11.

(So, she didn't go to the car to get her phone - it must have been in her classroom)
                    In this video, the DPS commander clearly states the teacher ran back to Room 132 to retrieve her phone.

Comment

Back to facts....

I won't ask if that is something a real teacher would do.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Back to facts....

It's hard to believe there are so many stupid and cowardly folks involved in this. I would have assumed this was California or NY if I didn't know it was Texas.

Comment

• Sounds like a smoke break.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

It's hard to believe there are so many stupid and cowardly folks involved in this. I would have assumed this was California or NY if I didn't know it was Texas.
                            Yeah, it's amazing how many points of failure there were here --- and the fact that they supposedly had "active shooter training" just two months prior makes one wonder what that "training" involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Sounds like a smoke break.
                              That would be my first guess --- though I don't know.

Comment

I won't ask if that is something a real teacher would do.
                                Is she from Scotland?

Comment