Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas School Slaughter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Apparently, she (I believe it's save to say she's a she) went out to her car to get her phone, and had propped the door open for her to come back inside. It's probably simply a case that that door was closest to where her car was parked, regardless of where she worked in the school.
    The teacher went to get a phone? I hadn't heard that. I assumed the door was left open longer than that - perhaps to let fresh air in, or to cool the room.

When I've propped open doors that were supposed to be closed and locked, I left barely a crack, unnoticeable from a glance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

The teacher went to get a phone? I hadn't heard that. I assumed the door was left open longer than that - perhaps to let fresh air in, or to cool the room.

When I've propped open doors that were supposed to be closed and locked, I left barely a crack, unnoticeable from a glance.
      It's kinda hard to determine, based on the reporting -- if she propped the door open, THEN came back inside to get her phone (from her classroom?)....

Security footage from Robb Elementary School in Texas shows that a back door was propped open by a teacher before Tuesday's deadly mass shooting, Texas law enforcement officials said.

At 11:27 a.m. on Tuesday morning, the door that police believe was used by the 18-year-old gunman to enter the school was propped open by a teacher, Director of Texas Department of Public Safety Steven McCraw said at a Friday press conference.

McCraw said the detail was confirmed through "video evidence."

So the door was propped open shortly before the chaos began.

After the gunman crashed his vehicle in a ditch just a minute later, the teacher ran to get a phone and walked back to the propped-open door.

OK, so maybe she stepped outside for a smoke? Who knows -- but, apparently, there's video evidence.

Two men at a nearby funeral home heard the crash and went to the scene, only to find the gunman exit the vehicle. The men ran as they were shot at, but were not hit.

Through security footage inside the school, McGraw said the teacher panicked and called police at 11:30 a.m. to report the crash and gunman.

Eventually, at 11:33 a.m. the gunman entered the school through the door, barricaded himself inside a classroom and massacred 19 children and two adults.

So, she's calling police at 11:30 AM, BEFORE the gunman comes into the school, with the door still propped open.

McCraw said police who arrived at the scene were told by Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District Police Chief Pete Arredondo not to engage with the shooter because they believed there was no more threat to children.

And this is where Pete screwed up bigtime.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, actually, I do.
        No, no you don't, and I'll call out your dishonesty every time you do.

Just because he "went to school" and held some jobs in law enforcement doesn't mean he measures up.
        He served as as a police officer for nearly two decades, in various positions in the police force. At this point you sound like Illhan "some people did some things" Omar in your attempt to downplay his law enforcement background as a police officer.

BTW, you also sound like Hypatia when she downplayed your law enforcement background and experience in that disaster of a thread about that New York doctor talking about Texas abortion law.

It always comes down to this, Gondy --- you seem to have an incredibly fierce anti-cop bias that makes anybody else a bad guy unless they hate cops as much as you do.
        Nope, I've praised police in numerous instances that can be found on this forum. My bias is against bad cops, and against those that defend them or make excuses for them, or try to downplay in the way that you have tried to do here on this thread. he was a cop. He had served as a cop for nearly 2 decades before taking positions as a school cop (high up positions at that). He acted horrendously as did most of the police on the scene.

About the only ones that did anything good were the flipping Border Patrol agents (though they should have done it even sooner), who got fed up and ignored the local cops and went in.

And due to your law enforcement history bias, just like my brother-in-law who was a good cop yet still tries desperately to downplay bad cops, your kneejerk instinct is to downplay and handwave away a bad cop as 'not a real cop' in resounding No True Scotsman fashion.

You REALLY need to get over that. I have CLEARLY condemned the actions of the police here who screwed up -- as I CONSISTENTLY do.
        You've condemned it, but then tried to downplay the fact that he was, indeed a "real cop", because it looks bad, and your kneejerk instinct is to try to push that bad away from the profession because it looks bad for cops in general. And your bias as someone with former law enforcement experience, is quite clear, though not as bad as a turd like Myth
        Last edited by Gondwanaland; 05-28-2022, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
          No, no you don't, and I'll call out your dishonesty every time you do.
          And I'll lose even more respect for you for your little extreme anti-cop tirades.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And I'll lose even more respect for you for your little extreme anti-cop tirades.
            And I'll lose even more respect for you when you pull a Hypatia like this and quotemine out posts of mine in order to avoid being called out and having your nonsense exposed for what it is, and your Ihan Omar-esque behavior (and Hypatia-esque behavior) being called out.

Again, I'm not anti-cop, I'm anti bad cop, and anti people who defend or downplay bad cops as you have done here. Which you know very well to be the case - I was the first one to defend the cop that shot Makhia Bryant, etc., and you damn well know that, Hypatia. Hell, I even gave praise to the Border Patrol agents along eith some criticism, right in the post you dishonestly cut the above quote from.
            Last edited by Gondwanaland; 05-28-2022, 01:46 PM.

Comment

And I'll lose even more respect for.....
              Yeah, that will keep me awake at nights, worrying that some hysterical anti-cop poster on a discussion board "loses respect" for me because I'm not as psycho anti-cop as he is.

Bless your heart.

Comment

Yeah, that will keep me awake at nights,
                Lol, but I'm supposed to care about the respect of someone that doesn't even have the intestinal fortitude to actually respond to the meat of my posts because he can't stand being called out about his pro-police bias? Get outta here, son.

worrying that some hysterical anti-cop poster on a discussion board "loses respect" for me because I'm not as psycho anti-cop as he is.

Bless your heart.
                Keep it up Hypatia. More dishonest quotemining.

Notice how everything was fine and we were largely in agreement, up until I provided actual evidence that directly called into question and gave factual evidence against the story you had made up in your head that this wasn't a 'real cop'.

Think about that, long and hard, Hypatia.

Come back when you manage to find the fortitude to actually address my posts instead of dishonest and cowardly quotemining.
                Last edited by Gondwanaland; 05-28-2022, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Keep it up Hypatia. More dishonest quotemining.

Notice how everything was fine and we were largely in agreement, up until I provided actual evidence that called into question the story you had made up in your head that this wasn't a 'real cop'.

Think about that, long and hard, Hypatia.

Come back when you manage to find the fortitude to actually address my posts instead of dishonest and cowardly quotemining.
                  You're so cute. And I don't have to "come back" - I have been here pretty consistently.

Comment

You're so cute. And I don't have to "come back" - I have been here pretty consistently.
                    Well at least you managed to quote that post in its entirety. Now go do the same for the other two that you're running away from, snookums. Cow Poke? More like Cow Ard

Comment

Well at least you managed to quote that post in its entirety. Now go do the same for the other two that you're running away from, snookums.
                      All you're doing is showing how unbalanced you are, Gondy --- you kinda go off the rails when somebody is not as anti-cop as you. Other than that, you can be a pretty decent fella.

Comment

Yeah, that will keep me awake at nights, worrying that some hysterical anti-cop poster on a discussion board "loses respect" for me because I'm not as psycho anti-cop as he is.

Bless your heart.
                        Most of the time I disagree strongly with Gondwanaland (though I do admire his skill for non profane invective). strangely not in play today. On this occasion, I only strongly disagree with most of his points, but the most basic point is, I believe, valid.
                        The commander was a veteran police officer by any meaningful standard. His annoyance with the other officers, not particularly justified, IMO.
                        Last edited by tabibito; 05-28-2022, 02:01 PM.
                        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                        Scripture before Tradition:
                        but that won't prevent others from
                        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Most of the time I disagree strongly with Gondwanaland (though I do admire his skill for non profane invective). On this occasion, I only strongly disagree with most of his points, but the most basic point is, I believe, valid.
                          The commander was a veteran police officer by any meaningful standard. His annoyance with the other officers, not particularly justified, IMO.
                          And the fact that he was a lawfully commissioned Texas law enforcement officer is not in dispute.

I guess what's in dispute is what does "real cop" mean. If that's the definition, then, sure he was a "real cop".

When it came right down to making life or death choices, he elected not to do what a "real cop" would do.

Comment

All you're doing is showing how unbalanced you are, Gondy --- you kinda go off the rails when somebody is not as anti-cop as you. Other than that, you can be a pretty decent fella.
                            No, all I'm doing is showing how biased you are. Here you are again telling lies when you know damn well I've supported police, including right in the first post you chose to quotemine from.

Again, everything was going fine, and you and I were largely in agreement on the issues here with this incident, until I committed the unforgiveable sin of providing concrete evidence of this school police chief's education and long history of law enforcement service as a 'real cop'. You already had it made up in your mind that he wasn't, and so now we get this spree of behavior where you've been acting like Hypatia, and acting like Ilhan Omar, in order to avoid having to admit you were wrong.

When you don't have your tongue firmly on your own boot in an attempt to downplay bad cops, you can usually be a decent person.
                            Last edited by Gondwanaland; 05-28-2022, 02:07 PM.

Comment

And the fact that he was a lawfully commissioned Texas law enforcement officer is not in dispute.

I guess what's in dispute is what does "real cop" mean. If that's the definition, then, sure he was a "real cop".
                              There is no escaping the fact that he is a real cop even though he behaved like a cosplay cop. On the evidence available, he couldn't even be called a bad cop - just useless to the point of being dangerous.
                              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                              Scripture before Tradition:
                              but that won't prevent others from
                              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

When it came right down to making life or death choices, he elected not to do what a "real cop" would do.
                                Yes, we get it, you want to use a No True Scotsman to try to downplay this cop's behavior. What else is new?

Comment