Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World War Three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Or she's trying to explain the conflict in a way that's simple enough for Democrat voters to understand.
    I found something that might help

NotRussia.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

They are weak compared to us, currently. I have no doubt they can take Ukraine eventually. The main thing Russia has going for it is having Nukes and a crazy enough leader that the world fears he will use them. If it weren't for them Europe would have taken Russia by now. They are huge in land mass but like Canada, most of it is uninhabited tundra. The entire population of Russia is 144 million. GDP was $1.4 Trillion in 2020, less than Texas ($2T). Their military is smaller than North Korea. They are the 5th largest active military (US is 3rd)
      Some Brit experts are predicting a decade or longer conflict.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• If not peace on terms acceptable to Ukraine, a long drawn out insurgency would be best while NATO builds forces to prevent more Russian aggression.
        The situation of the 3 Baltic States is most interesting:

The three Baltic States border Russia but are isolated geographically from other NATO members. They are thus extremely difficult to defend. In a conflict, NATO air forces would be the first assets able to support and protect the Baltic States. Land forces would need to be airlifted or transported by sea to the area. The Baltic States lack the strategic depth to host fighters and the access to the southern Baltic Sea is limited by Russia’s anti-access, area denial capabilities—an umbrella of long range air and sea missiles stationed in the Kaliningrad enclave. For NATO’s militaries, access to Swedish air space is the easiest way around this problem. It would dramatically increase the effectiveness of any NATO operations in the area.
        We hope and pray for the death of Putin, and his helpers.

Comment

They are weak compared to us, currently. I have no doubt they can take Ukraine eventually. The main thing Russia has going for it is having Nukes and a crazy enough leader that the world fears he will use them. If it weren't for them Europe would have taken Russia by now. They are huge in land mass but like Canada, most of it is uninhabited tundra. The entire population of Russia is 144 million. GDP was $1.4 Trillion in 2020, less than Texas ($2T). Their military is smaller than North Korea. They are the 5th largest active military (US is 3rd)
          The First and Second Marine divisions with air cover could destroy the Russian army in the Ukraine - we should do - on GP...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I think Russia's weakness is being exaggerated. We keep hearing that this is a botched invasion and that the Russian military has been "stalled" multiple times, but given how much ground they've taken and continue to take, it seems more likely that the "stalls" are really just the army regrouping and resupplying for their next push. The West has been fighting a propaganda war which Russia is losing, but I doubt Putin cares what is being said by our media, and the Russian military seems to have the invasion well in hand.

In short, Joe made the worst mistake that any Commander in Chief could make: he underestimated the enemy.
            Fundamentally, they are weak because Russia is a kleptocratic dictatorship. They live and breath lies and therefore cannot make good decisions. The problem for us is that their bad decisions are backed up by nuclear weapons. Given the risks, Biden is doing a very good job.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              Fundamentally, they are weak because Russia is a kleptocratic dictatorship. They live and breath lies and therefore cannot make good decisions. The problem for us is that their bad decisions are backed up by nuclear weapons. Given the risks, Biden is doing a very good job.
              I'm sure, regardless of the results, old Joe will proclaim, just like he did after his series of cluster FUBARs in Afghanistan, that he did an "outstanding" job. And I'm sure Putin is pleased with the job that old Joe is doing, especially the latter giving his stamp of approval for the invasion when he muttered that a "minor incursion" was fine with him.

Comment

If not peace on terms acceptable to Ukraine, a long drawn out insurgency would be best while NATO builds forces to prevent more Russian aggression.
                The situation of the 3 Baltic States is most interesting:

We hope and pray for the death of Putin, and his helpers.
                I hope and pray that he finds Christ and repents.

Comment

Given the risks, Biden is doing a very good job.
                  Joe is doing a terrible job. President Trump was right when he said this invasion should have never been allowed to happen, but because we now depend on Russia for our energy supply, Putin has Joe Edited by a Moderator The US has to tread very carefully if we don't want to pay double digits for a gallon of gas.

Moderated By: DesertBerean

Language, Mountain Man!

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                  Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by DesertBerean; 03-10-2022, 09:56 PM.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Some Brit experts are predicting a decade or longer conflict.
                    This ain't afghanistan.

Comment

Joe is doing a terrible job. President Trump was right when he said this invasion should have never been allowed to happen, but because we now depend on Russia for our energy supply, Putin has Joe Edited by a Moderator. The US has to tread very carefully if we don't want to pay double digits for a gallon of gas.
                      Trump undermined Ukraine every chance he had. The facts are well known. Do you see as well that UAE and SA seem to be taking Russia’s side. Trump would approve.
                      Last edited by DesertBerean; 03-10-2022, 09:57 PM.

Comment

This ain't afghanistan.
                        Or vietnam. But neither are relevant.

Comment

I hope and pray that he finds Christ and repents.
                          Putin IS on your team (Christians).
                          In 1993, when I worked on the Leningrad City Council, I went to Israel as part of an official delegation. Mama gave me my baptismal cross to get it blessed at the Lord's Tomb. I did as she said and then put the cross around my neck. I have never taken it off since.
                          -Putin

So you see, there is nothing about Christianity the ensures good behavior.

Comment

Or vietnam. But neither are relevant.
                            I just don't see Ukraine holding out that long. I think it will be over with one way or another within months, if not weeks. Now if Russia does win, I foresee years of resistance fighting going on, I think Russia would have to station military there permanently to prevent the Ukrainians from overthrowing his puppet government. But it won't be a full out war.

Comment

-Putin

And Hitler was a Pacifist. How gullible.

Comment

-Putin

Claiming to be Christian and being Christian are two different things. Putin is a known liar and murderer. If he really thinks he is a Christian, he is in for an unpleasant surprise when he goes before Jesus.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Comment