Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World War Three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

This is why I went to RT to see if they would report anything about war crimes. All I could find is they reported that Ukraine had filed such with the UN (or is it Geneva?). All RT claimed is that that Russia doesn't "target" civilians or civilian buildings. I suppose that leaves them open to saying "We aimed at their tanks - but missed."
    I've provided multiple links on war crimes, including to Amnesty International which did an extensive investigation identifying cluster munitions used in an attack by Russians on a pre-school.

Sadly yes, I doubt we'll see anything on RT about any of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
      My company has terminated the Russian employees we had that worked remote from Russia part time for us (especially with our Ukrainian employees currently fighting for their lives or fleeing the country).
      For what reason were they terminated?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

MM's 'argument' has been that any information that casts his boy Putin in a bad light is not trustworthy, etc.

His argument has been that anything negative about Russia's actions, and any story about victims of said actions, is untrue and 'we can't know', despite the evidence being right there in front of his bloody face.

The only nutty person here is you trying to defend him. I wish you well in your attempts at getting a new job, though.
        I'm not necessarily defending MM more than defending the position he's taking, because we basically have the same position. You just sound like an unhinged individual with one of the most nutty accusations I think I've heard since being on Tweb, so there's really no point for me to drag this out from here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          For what reason were they terminated?
          Removing the the chance that their positions as software developers could be used wrt this conflict, against our clients who rely on our services, especially with recent threats of cyberwarfare.

As well as being able to look our Ukranian full time employees in the eyes while they and their families are fleeing or fighting for their lives against the countrymen of said part-time employees.

Comment

I suspect MM is out in right field on this, like Tucker Carlson and Tulsi Gabbard appear to be. Sometimes we all need to take a deep breath and reexamine our positions.
            My basic position is that I'm generally distrustful of anything published by the mainstream media. When this whole thing started, even Zelinsky was treating it like a joke until the Russian army crossed the border. Then we started getting stories about how Putin had botched the invasion, that the military equipment was so outdated and the soldiers so undisciplined that Ukrainian citizens were able to almost effortlessly turn them back, killing hundreds of soldiers and destroying entire vehicle convoys. Now we're getting stories about how the Russian force is unstoppable and carving it's way across the country, indiscriminately killing anybody in their path. If it's true that the Russian army has been deliberately targeting innocents then certainly there should be harsh consequences.

However, there has been so much propaganda and conflicting information from both sides that I honestly don't have a clear picture of what's really happening.
            Last edited by Mountain Man; 03-02-2022, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

I'm not necessarily defending MM more than defending the position he's taking, because we basically have the same position. You just sound like an unhinged individual with one of the most nutty accusations I think I've heard since being on Tweb, so there's really no point for me to drag this out from here.
              Ah, so you're throwing your own Russian flag down into the arena. Gotcha. Two in one forum, who'd have thunk it. It does explain some things though.

Comment

My basic position is that I'm generally distrustful of anything published by the mainstream media. When this whole thing started, even Zelinsky was treating it like a joke until the Russian army crossed the border. Then we started getting stories about how Putin had botched the invasion, that the military equipment was so outdated and the soldiers so undisciplined that Ukrainian citizens were able to almost effortlessly turn them back, killing hundreds of soldiers and destroying entire vehicle convoys. Now we're getting stories about how the Russian force is unstoppable and carving it's way across the country, indiscriminately killing anybody in their path.

There has been so much propaganda and conflicting information from both sides that ​​​​​​​I honestly don't have a clear picture of what's really happening.
                We have a very clear picture of what is happening. You just refuse to see it because what is happening is a very, very bad look for your comrades. That's why you resort to well poisoning and refuse to address teh facts that have been presented by numerous posters.

Comment

Ah, so you're throwing your own Russian flag down into the arena. Gotcha. Two in one forum, who'd have thunk it. It does explain some things though.
                  And I thought you were a rational guy. You're nuts.

Comment

He's an enigma. Most of the time he's reasonable, but then he has moments like this where he suddenly goes hardcore lunatic.

Comment

Nah, just not interested in joining the two of you in carrying water for a war criminal.

Comment

He's an enigma. Most of the time he's reasonable, but then he has moments like this where he suddenly goes hardcore lunatic.
                        That sounds an awful lot like projection, comrade.

Comment

Removing the the chance that their positions as software developers could be used wrt this conflict, against our clients who rely on our services, especially with recent threats of cyberwarfare.

As well as being able to look our Ukranian full time employees in the eyes while they and their families are fleeing or fighting for their lives against the countrymen of said part-time employees.
                          That actually makes sense. If you have good reason to believe they could compromise computer security then it's a common sense decision. I thought maybe they had been terminated simply because they were Russian (sort of like when Japanese-Americans were thrown into interment camps just because they were Japanese).

Comment

Nah, just not interested in joining the two of you in carrying water for a war criminal.
                            I've consistently called out the lies and bullcrap during fog of war, including the phony Muslim wars we waged during the Bush and Obama eras, and I'm not going to stop now. At least with the phony Muslim wars I could sort of empathize because we essentially had a cause -- protecting the petrodollar (its global place as a reserve currency) and our standard of living. Even though I still hated the deceit, I get that. But I see nothing in the way of Ukraine that benefits our interests, so the lies and deceit bother me even more and I'm going to call it out more. In fact, I'll probably do it even more now since it irks you so much, and I'll watch you get even more nutty and unhinged.

Comment

I've consistently called out the lies and bullcrap during fog of war, including the phony Muslim wars we waged during the Bush and Obama eras, and I'm not going to stop now. At least with the phony Muslim wars I could sort of empathize because we essentially had a cause -- protecting the petrodollar (its global place as a reserve currency) and our standard of living. Even though I still hated the deceit, I get that. But I see nothing in the way of Ukraine that benefits our interests, so the lies and deceit bother me even more and I'm going to call it out more. In fact, I'll probably do it even more now since it irks you so much, and I'll watch you get even more nutty and unhinged.
                              Okay IvanD, whatever you say. Lick those Putin boots.

Comment

Here's a tidbit I found interesting, from RT of all places.

Moscow continues to recognize Volodymyr Zelensky as the legitimate president of Ukraine, Peskov confirmed to journalists. The Ukrainian leader “could order troops to lay down arms, and there would be no casualties,” he suggested.

Asked about the post-invasion status of Ukraine and what Russia would expect from its future election, Peskov said the issue had nothing to do with the Russian government.

“The Kremlin cannot play a role in holding elections in Ukraine. It’s a foreign country,” he said.

Peskov lamented Western attempts to put pressure on Russia over its attack on Ukraine, claiming that the US had induced on its European allies Washington’s long-held taste for illegal restrictions. The practice “spread through Europe like an infection,” he remarked. Moscow will not submit to pressure, he said, adding that Russia perceived the retaliatory policies to be temporary.

https://www.rt.com/russia/550962-ukr...es-icc-peskov/

Note the word "attack" is used. This despite ...

Perusing RT today, it appears they've lightened up on the rhetoric, compared to years past. They used to lead with one or more anti-American stories, usually 2 or 3, but I didn't see any just now. I don't know what's going on.
                                Meh. Russia was also recognizing the legitimacy of Ukraine's border up to the point they invaded.

It seems that the only reason they consider him legit is so they can blame him for not surrendering: "It's your fault that people keep resisting our invasion., so we have no choice but to keep killing them"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment