Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World War Three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Putin's comments are captioned in the video. The generals might be concerned about Putin's nuclear comment, or that the army's advance into Ukraine isn't up to expectations, or that Putin is acting "erratic," or something else entirely. I was just interested in it.

I don't really need analysis from Condoleeza Rice to notice that Putin is acting odd. It is more confirmation. No one in NATO has said anything publicly that threatens Russia, which is what Putin s claiming. Neither is the Ukraine government threatening him, the Nazis and "drug addicts" he said were in the Kyiv government. I think someone a bit more rational could come up with better excuses for his actions.
    Just following old Joe's lead about seeing white supremacists behind every tree and some of the actions that our government has taken

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      During an ABC interview today, White House Spokesperson Jennifer Psaki gave away the game for the Biden Administration’s intent on exploiting the Russia-Ukraine crisis.

Keep in mind, as the Biden team were getting pummeled for negative economic outcomes, massive inflation, skyrocketing energy costs and gas prices set to double, the White House worked to create an urgent defense by manufacturing the crisis.

While Joe Biden ate his pudding, the people behind the scenes told Zelenskyy and Putin that Ukraine was about to enter NATO {December 2021}. The White House then seeded details through China knowing the intel would get back to Putin. Russia took the bait and intervened.

The collective left (far more western leader beneficiaries on a global scale) now have a quick and strategic pivot point to go from COVID-19 as the excuse for all the economic ills, to Russia. The Russia-Ukraine crisis transfers the cost of the Build Back Better climate change agenda from COVID-19 to Russia/Ukraine. We can now watch COVID just disappear.

The BBB agenda, domestically known as the Green New Deal, intentionally makes energy costs skyrocket. By creating the Ukraine crisis, gas prices specifically are no longer blamed on COVID-19 (the original fraudulent justification). Gas prices are now rising because of Russia and the villainous Vladimir Putin. Climate change policy outcomes are made palatable by blaming Putin.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...onomic-damage/

Strangely, I have seen a number of liberals in makes comments in social now blaming rising prices on Russia, so it seems that liberals are happily being led around by the nose on this one. Just think of how much harder the left's job would be if their own followers weren't so stupid.
      Because the +7.5% inflation, supply chain problems and everything else we've been experiencing only started after Russia invaded Ukraine. picardfacepalmthumb.jpg

One can only pray that they don't have kids to burden society with.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Remember Israel's invasion of Lebanon and how the media was manipulated (the same corpses appearing at various sites for instance), or was doing the manipulation (Reuters especially comes to mind).

That sort of stuff will happen here as well.

Add the effect that the "fog of war" produces and the MSM's overdriving need to be first to report and worry if it was accurate later, and there will obviously a lot of B.S. mixed in with the facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Remember Israel's invasion of Lebanon and how the media was manipulated (the same corpses appearing at various sites for instance), or was doing the manipulation (Reuters especially comes to mind).

Add the effect that the "fog of war" produces and the MSM's overdriving need to be first to report and worry if it was accurate later, and there will obviously a lot of B.S. mixed in with the facts.
          Ukrainian citizens are supposedly destroying columns of Russian tanks and turning back advancing soldiers, yet we're only seeing images of single burned out vehicles, or a lone body in a field. What we're seeing in imagery simply doesn't align with what we're being told. It has a strange Baghdad Bob feel to it.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Remember Israel's invasion of Lebanon and how the media was manipulated (the same corpses appearing at various sites for instance), or was doing the manipulation (Reuters especially comes to mind).

Well speaking of Israel, it's certainly been an interesting time on Facebook and Twitter seeing all the people who called me a racist anti-semite for supporting BDS against Israel for their continued invasion/occupation of Palestine, who are now on there demanding extreme sanctions for Russia, pouring out vodka in video performative acts, calling to boycott those that do business with Russian businesses, etc..

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Well speaking of Israel, it's certainly been an interesting time on Facebook and Twitter seeing all the people who called me a racist anti-semite for supporting BDS against Israel for their continued invasion/occupation of Palestine, who are now on there demanding extreme sanctions for Russia, pouring out vodka in video performative acts, calling to boycott those that do business with Russian businesses, etc..

Comment

• Head of M16...

This is almost as bizarre as Cenk of TYT's comment...

"Right-wing doesn't love Putin just because he is an authoritarian, tyrannical leader, they love him because he's a WHITE authoritarian leader. Race has become more important than even nationality. They've turned on democracy and now even America, in favor of a white warlord."
                Almost as bizarre, maybe not quite though.

Comment

• Nah, it's precisely the same. A foreign nation invading a smaller sovereign nation, attempting to occupy, and in one case boycotts and sanctions are evil and racist and in another, they are applauded and virtually signaled.

Comment

• Macron and Putin spoke Monday.

MOSCOW, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Russia's Vladimir Putin told French President Emmanuel Macron on Monday that a Ukraine settlement was only possible if Kyiv was neutral, "denazified" and "demilitarised" and Russian control over annexed Crimea was formally recognised, the Kremlin said.

He made the comments in a telephone call with the French leader, the Kremlin said in a readout.

"Russia is open to talks with representatives of Ukraine and expects the (talks) to lead to the desired results," it said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Something I briefly touched on in another post is the situation of Russian oligarchs with dual Israeli citizenship. Is Israel going to rescind citizenship to some of these people?
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      The things that you're liable
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life
                      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Social media multiplies that by a thousand. Every bit of disinfo and misinfo (whether intentional or not) spreads like wildfire far and wide across the globe now, almost instantly shaping public opinion and sentiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                          This just proves that we are on the side of the angels!

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

Head of M16...

This is almost as bizarre as Cenk of TYT's comment...

Almost as bizarre, maybe not quite though.

Comment

• Latest conspiracy theory is that Joe deliberately instigated the Russian invasion of Ukraine with hopes of silencing Zelinsky who was about to rat out the Biden crime family.

No, I don't believe it, but frankly, it makes as much sense as anything else we've been told.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Latest conspiracy theory is that Joe deliberately instigated the Russian invasion of Ukraine with hopes of silencing Zelinsky who was about to rat out the Biden crime family.

No, I don't believe it, but frankly, it makes as much sense as anything else we've been told.
                                I will say, I'm curious what fate lies for Zelensky. I'm guessing he finally capitulates and gives in to the whims of Putin via some sort of deal. Though anything could happen in the aftermath.

Comment