Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World War Three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
    What the heck? Is this normal?

Source: https://www.8af.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/3310780/8th-air-force-commander-relieves-two-commanders-at-minot/

BARKSDALE AIR FORCE BASE, La. -- Maj. Gen. Andrew J. Gebara, commander of 8th Air Force, relieved two commanders today from their positions of leadership at Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota, due to a loss of confidence in their ability to complete their assigned duties.

"These personnel actions were necessary to maintain the very high standards we demand of those units entrusted with supporting our Nation's nuclear mission," said Gebara.

Gebara relieved the Commanders of the 5th Mission Support Group and the 5th Logistics Readiness Squadron. Additionally, four additional subordinate leaders were relieved by commanders assigned to Minot Air Force Base. To protect the privacy of the individuals, further details will not be released.

"Eighth Force continues to safeguard global combat power and conduct around-the-clock strategic deterrence operations in a safe, secure and effective manner," Gebara said. "Our mission is foundational to our Nation's defense, and we remain committed to the success of that no-fail mission."

© Copyright Original Source

Failed to shoot down a shiny party balloon.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
      Matt Gaetz got caught quoting a literal Beijung Propaganda news source to try to justify cutting Ukraine aid. Didn't even have a clue, he just saw their headline and decided to enter it into the record before he got caught and started stuttering.

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/1630609055960973313

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2291484.html
      The question is, was the report actually wrong?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Wow my dude, must be hard serving two masters, both Xi AND Putin.

The real question is, when did your brain flop so far out of your head that you so unthinkingly lap up Russian And Chinese propaganda? When did you become a traitor to your nation of birth?

Comment

Wow my dude, must be hard serving two masters, both Xi AND Putin.

The real question is, when did your brain flop so far out of your head that you so unthinkingly lap up Russian And Chinese propaganda? When did you become a traitor to your nation of birth?
          Where am I lapping anything up? I merely asked a sensible question of whether or not the report was actually wrong. As far as I can see from your source, that matter was never actuality addressed.

Let's lay aside the fact that Gaetz cited a Chinese news source. He initially asked if US weapons sent to Ukraine were being used by the infamous Azov Battalion, and the closest we got to an answer from Undersecretary Colin Kohl was, essentially, "I don't know," which speaks to the lack of oversight and accountability attached to the aid being sent to Ukraine, and that's a big problem.

Comment

Where am I lapping anything up? I merely asked a sensible question of whether or not the report was actually wrong. As far as I can see from your source, that matter was never actuality addressed.

Let's lay aside the fact that Gaetz cited a Chinese news source. He initially asked if US weapons sent to Ukraine were being used by the infamous Azov Battalion, and the closest we got to an answer from Undersecretary Colin Kohl was, essentially, "I don't know," which speaks to the lack of oversight and accountability attached to the aid being sent to Ukraine, and that's a big problem.
            No he cited a Chinese propaganda source as his evidence for his claims.

So, is it money? Do they pay you well at least?

Comment

No he cited a Chinese propaganda source as his evidence for his claims.

So, is it money? Do they pay you well at least?
              Did not even bother to read my post? As I said, let's lay aside the fact that Gaetz cited a Chinese news source. That's egg on his face, and he should be embarrassed.

The real story, as far as I'm concerned, is that when the question was put to Undersecretary of Defense for Policy Colin Kohl about whether or not US weapons were being distributed to the Azov Battalion, he didn't know, except this is something we should know with certainty because such use of our aid to Ukraine is specifically prohibited by current US law. If Kohl could not definitively say that Azov Battalion was not using US weapons, then that's a problem.
              Last edited by Mountain Man; 03-01-2023, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Did not even bother to read my post? As I said, let's lay aside the fact that Gaetz cited a Chinese news source. That's egg on his face, and he should be embarrassed.

The real story, as far as I'm concerned, is that when the question was put to Undersecretary of Defense for Policy Colin Kohl about whether or not US weapons were being distributed to the Azov Battalion, he didn't know, except this is something we should know with certainty because such use of our aid to Ukraine is specifically prohibited by current US law. If Kohl could not definitively say that Azov Battalion was not using US weapons, then that's a problem.
                No one can say anything definitively. If someone dies on the battlefield and someone from Azov picks up their gun that came from the US, that would be Azov using a US weapon yet something we would have no way to tell.

The undersec gave a perfectly reasonable response, and your boy Gaetz came in with Chinese government propaganda in response.

So given the lack of answer I will assume you tacitly admit they pay you well.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Gondwanaland;n1462550]

No one can say anything definitively. If someone dies on the battlefield and someone from Azov picks up their gun that came from the US, that would be Azov using a US weapon yet something we would have no way to tell.

The undersec gave a perfectly reasonable response, and your boy Gaetz came in with Chinese government propaganda in response.

Nobody said anything about simply "using" a US weapon, so go ahead and douse that burning straw man and clean up the mess.

The question put to Undersecretary of Defense for Policy Colin Kohl, according to the source, was "whether the US has allowed American-made weapons to be wielded by the Azov Assault Brigade", and Kohl said "he had no information on whether US weapons have been directed to the Azov brigade". The fact that he couldn't answer, "Certainly the US has not allowed American-made weapons to be wielded by the Azov Assault Brigade, and no US weapons have been directed to the Azov brigade," is the real story here. Gaetz embarrassing himself by unknowingly quoting from a Chinese news source is just a distraction, the shiny object used to get rubes like you looking in the wrong direction.
                  Last edited by Mountain Man; 03-02-2023, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Nobody said anything about simply "using" a US weapon, so go ahead and douse that burning straw man and clean up the mess.

The question put to Undersecretary of Defense for Policy Colin Kohl, according to the source, was "whether the US has allowed American-made weapons to be wielded by the Azov Assault Brigade", and Kohl said "he had no information on whether US weapons have been directed to the Azov brigade". The fact that he couldn't answer, "Certainly the US has not allowed American-made weapons to be wielded by the Azov Assault Brigade, and no US weapons have been directed to the Azov brigade," is the real story here. Gaetz embarrassing himself by unknowingly quoting from a Chinese news source is just a distraction, the shiny object used to get rubes like you looking in the wrong direction.
                    So you didn't watch the video. The question asked by Gaetz was "is the Azov batallion getting access to US weapons". Which again go3s directly to my statement. If they grab a gun off a dead guy they have gotten access to that weapon.

Helps if you know what you're talking about and actually read and listen to the things provided.

Comment

It's a rabbit hole in any case.

My question is: How long is the US going to pump unaccountable money and weapons into Ukraine? If I move to Kyiv, will I also be guaranteed US pension funding?

Comment

So you didn't watch the video. The question asked by Gaetz was "is the Azov batallion getting access to US weapons". Which again go3s directly to my statement. If they grab a gun off a dead guy they have gotten access to that weapon.

Helps if you know what you're talking about and actually read and listen to the things provided.
                        So getting back to the original -- "Was the report actually wrong?" -- it seems the answer is, simply, nobody knows.

Comment

• NBC reporter Keir Simmons put on Ukraine's "kill list" for (unbelievably) reporting truthfully about Crimea...

NBC Reporter Goes To Crimea, Shocks Viewers By Telling The Truth

Comment

• Interesting. Here it is from Keir Simmons. I guess this appeared on NBC(?) I don't know about the "hit list" as no evidence or source for that. But if this aired on NBC, that is pretty amazing.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...es_for_it.html

simmons.jpg

Comment

• I went to the Ukraine "hit list" website and I didn't see Keir Simmons listed. It is mostly alleged Russian agents from the "9th Directorate of the Operational Information Department of the 5th Service of the FSB of the Russian Federation" (whatever that is) and the Wagner Group. Lots of mugshots and rough language.

Comment

• More interesting ...

The Ukraine website, called "Myrotvorets" that includes the hit list, is housed in Langley, Virginia. In case we forgot, Langley is famous as the headquarters for the CIA.

Information for law enforcement authorities and special services about pro-Russian terrorists, separatists, mercenaries, war criminals, and murderers </p>
                                <address class="site-header__address hidden-s">Langley, VA, USA<br />
                                </div>

Apparently Pink Floyd's Roger Waters was once listed on the Ukraine enemies website (Waters sent a video message to the Rage Against The War Machine held in February).

waters.jpg

Now, in all fairness, I did not see an actual "hit list" on the website. It is carefully worded: "Later, we will start talking about the agency from among the citizens of Ukraine, which is in contact with them. What to do with them is up to you."

If Keir Simmons is indeed on this list, that would really be disconcerting - especially with this Langley link.

Comment