Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

We Are So Enlightened...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

The rich can always afford to bribe a doctor to break the law or send the woman to have her abortion in a country where abortion is legal.
    They can ALWAYS? Very generalized there. Whatabout a very rich person drowning in debt, or with too much non-liquid assets? What about a rich person who is very despised by the doctors? You've made alot of assumptions and are very general.

Comment

Your comment was over generalised. However, that is your wont.
      It is very hard to over generalize what is commonplace.

And which demographic group is most influenced by social media?
      So I guess you thought that was some sort of brilliant parry or something? Aside from this being a major problem well before Social Media (which keeps getting worse) there are roughly 20 million people in college where they are not just immersed in it they are being taught it in class. That's more than twice as many people who live in Hungary or almost four times the population of Ireland. IOW, this group alone is large enough to eliminate ignorance-based claims that it is nothing but "selected instances."

Just why do you think that the only group not afraid to express their opinion are those on the far left?

While Netflix employees are perfectly entitled to walk out in protest but they are not entitled to demand Chappelle be banned. That is the same mentality that we witnessed in 1979/80 over the film The Life of Brian or the 1988 Scorsese offering The Last Temptation of Christ. None of those protesters were being forcibly dragged into cinemas to watch either film.

Likewise no one is being compelled to watch a specific Netflix programme.
      Chappelle is just one example of many. Even John Cleese has started complaining about the stifling effect liberal "wokeness" has had on comedy. Ironically, the MSM, which used to largely champion a comedian's right to offend are now pretty much declaring that they should be careful not to offend.

Those I suspect [although I cannot be certain] may have been a form of deliberate provocation, whereby certain businesses were deliberately sought out to test legislation, as well as possibly promote media attention. Regarding the latter each event was clearly successful.
      Stick to the facts and not what you "suspect." Those who engaged in these hunts made no bones about their motives. They want to force acceptance on those nasty Christians[1] and drag them out of their caves and into the 21st cent. (that is pretty close to the rhetoric employed by some).

Yesterday you dismissed reports of this sort of behavior as nothing but histrionics. Now you claim they're merely "selected instances." Keep going. You still have a long ways to go before you accurately describe just how prevalent this is.

1. please note they NEVER pick a Muslim baker -- who typically advertise that their products are halal so it would be extremely easy to find them unlike conservative Christians who you'd have to go in and talk to in order to determine which ones they wanted to target).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The Christian Right has fulminated against what it perceives as sexual immorality for decades and in particular Gay Rights . While they perhaps got more publicity than many of their more compassionate brethren there were various high profile Christian leaders who suggeted that AIDs was divine judgement on gay men. Similar denouncements were expressed during the the 1960s against what was perceived as "sexual immorality".
        The first time I heard of AIDS, it was an atheist laughing about the "gay disease."
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

The first time I heard of AIDS, it was an atheist laughing about the "gay disease."
          IIRC, the government initially called it GRID, for gay-related immunodeficiency.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I think it is you who needs to "stop whining".
            What did I whine about? You faulty reasoning?
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

In terms of the OP context of sexual matters -- No sex outside of marriage, no homosex, no pedophilia or pederasty, no bestiality. And no changing of sexes.

That's sufficient for now.
              Yep, the rest should be illegal as they were - even to rather recently...
              Last edited by seer; 12-17-2021, 09:29 AM.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                IIRC, the government initially called it GRID, for gay-related immunodeficiency.
                They did what?
                Strewth, my immediate response to the atheist in question was, "and the moment a bi-sexual contracts the disease, it is in the hetero-sexual community." ("the moment that," was of course hyperbolic).
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

They did what?
                  Strewth, my immediate response to the atheist in question was, "and the moment a bi-sexual contracts the disease, it is in the hetero-sexual community." ("the moment that," was of course hyperbolic).
                  From the Encyclopedia of AIDS:

GRID (Gay-Related Immune Deficiency)

ABSTRACT

Before the term acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, or AIDS, was decided upon as the official name for the immune system disorder that was first identified in 1981, a variety of different terms were used for the syndrome. Chief among these was GRID (gay-related immune deficiency). Other gay-specific terms that predated the term AIDS included gay lymph node syndrome, gay cancer, gay plague, homosexual syndrome, community-acquired immunodeficiency (CAID), and acquired community immunodeficiency syndrome (ACIDS).

Comment

They did what?
                    And I just learned a new Aussie slang word.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      And I just learned a new Aussie slang word.
                      It's pretty much a fogey word these days, except in the outback maybe.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

You are free to express your opinions.
                        Ave when we do, I do not expect you to voice a single word complaint, because that wouldn't be tolerant (as liberals define the term).
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Ave when we do, I do not expect you to voice a single word complaint, because that wouldn't be tolerant (as liberals define the term).
                          Oh, she'll just "observe" the amount of men the have opinions on Abortion.

Don't you know, she never "complains" she just "makes observations"

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

It's pretty much a fogey word these days, except in the outback maybe.
                            No worries. Given I'm old school in many ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Oh, she'll just "observe" the amount of men the have opinions on Abortion.

Don't you know, she never "complains" she just "makes observations"
                              I can agree that she never "complains," although she more than makes up with that with the amount of kvetching, carping, whining and grousing she engages in.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                I can agree that she never "complains," although she more than makes up with that with the amount of kvetching, carping, whining and grousing she engages in.
                                I bought a new Thesaurus today, and the pages were all blank. I have no words for how angry I am.

Comment