Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

'Scary' poll for Biden and Democrats on Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Scary' poll for Biden and Democrats on Halloween

71% of the country thinks we are on the "wrong track" with Biden...

Democrats received "scary news" on Halloween.

Chuck Todd, the moderator of Meet the Press, shared the findings of the latest NBC News national polling on Sunday that bode ill for President Joe Biden and his party days ahead of the off-year November election, which includes the Virginia governor's race , and one year out from the midterm elections.

"We have a brand new NBC News poll out this morning that's filled with some scary news for the Democrats. The overarching message: Americans have lost their confidence in President Biden and their optimism for the country. At least, they have right now," Todd said.

"Just 22% of adults say we're headed in the right direction. A shocking 71% say we're on the wrong track, and that includes a near majority of Democrats who are saying that. President Biden's approval rating stands at a dismal 42%, versus 54% who disapprove," he said.

DEMOCRATS DON’T WANT TO ADMIT WHY BIDEN IS FAILING

"Believe it or not, just two months ago, Mr. Biden was in positive territory — 49% approving and 48% disapproving," Todd added.

Todd examined what was pulling down the president's numbers.

"Well, look at his set of numbers: just 37% say he has the ability right now to handle a crisis, versus nearly a majority who say he does not. Thirty-seven percent also say he's competent and effective as president. Fifty percent disagree with that description," he said.

"What's more, Republicans, believe it or not, have double-digit leads in dealing with border security, inflation, crime, national security, the economy, and — shockingly — on getting things done. Democrats hold generally smaller double-digit leads on dealing with climate change, the coronavirus, education, and abortion, and that’s really it right now," Todd said.

Looking ahead, Todd said, "It's not clear yet whether any deal struck by Democrats on the social spending and infrastructure bills will nudge Mr. Biden's numbers back into positive territory, or whether the damage to his reputation is more of a scar than a bruise. But this much is clear: about the only good news for Mr. Biden and the Democrats in this poll is that the midterm elections aren't for another year."

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Wait until the start of next year, we get the dismal holiday season numbers, and recession talks start igniting in MSM, that's what might do him in. I know though, my timing stinks. I thought it would be the Afghanistan debacle that would do him in.

Comment

Never count out the Democrat machine that has been formed in the northern part of the state. Just like the Democrat machines before it (Tammany Hall, Chicago, South Texas and Philadelphia...) there will be a number of ballot boxes suddenly discovered like there is every election (can someone cite just one case where such a ballot box wasn't stuffed with Democrat votes?).

Polls are showing the Republican with a razor thin lead (for the first time) and the news has been breaking his way "biggly" (even as the networks, CNN and MSNBC are censoring most of it, the local news has covered it). In a normal situation this would be a strong indicator that the Republicans will win the governorship, but this is a test for the Democrats to see if they can still steal an election without all of the advantages they had in 2020.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm not holding out much hope for Virginia. I suspect it'll be a replay of 2020 where Youngkin, like Trump, has all the momentum behind him, will have a solid and almost insurmountable lead late into the night, and then in the early hours of the morning, McCauliffe will suddenly get a big bump in the vote count to put him ahead, and the rest of country will wake up next morning, scratching their heads and wondering how McCauliffe managed to pull it off.
        Last edited by Mountain Man; 11-02-2021, 07:13 AM.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

There are other races to keep an eye on. In NJ the Democrat governor is up for reelection. He is in the mold of Bernie Sanders and succeeded in pushing through vastly expanding taxpayer funding for widespread prekindergarten and free community college, and invited Sanders to campaign with him.

There is also Minneapolis and whether to defund the police -- a movement that would take a massive hit if the people vote no.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            I'm not holding out much hope for Virginia. I suspect it'll be a replay of 2020 where Youngkin, like Trump, has all the momentum behind him, will have a solid and almost insurmountable lead late into the night, and then in the early hours of the morning, McCauliffe will suddenly get a big bump in the vote count to put him ahead, and the rest of country will wake up next morning, scratching their heads and wondering how McCauliffe managed to pull it off.
            I see a different problem - so much early voting - much of it done before Eddie Haskell put his foot in his mouth about the whole education thing....
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              There are other races to keep an eye on. In NJ the Democrat governor is up for reelection. He is in the mold of Bernie Sanders and succeeded in pushing through vastly expanding taxpayer funding for widespread prekindergarten and free community college, and invited Sanders to campaign with him.

There is also Minneapolis and whether to defund the police -- a movement that would take a massive hit if the people vote no.
              If memory serves Murphy was up 15 points a few weeks ago and now it is within the margin of error. It would be a big win!
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

It's all still Trump's fault!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  It's all still Trump's fault!
                  That goes without saying!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

71% of the country thinks we are on the "wrong track" with Biden...

Democrats received "scary news" on Halloween.

Chuck Todd, the moderator of Meet the Press, shared the findings of the latest NBC News national polling on Sunday that bode ill for President Joe Biden and his party days ahead of the off-year November election, which includes the Virginia governor's race , and one year out from the midterm elections.

"We have a brand new NBC News poll out this morning that's filled with some scary news for the Democrats. The overarching message: Americans have lost their confidence in President Biden and their optimism for the country. At least, they have right now," Todd said.

"Just 22% of adults say we're headed in the right direction. A shocking 71% say we're on the wrong track, and that includes a near majority of Democrats who are saying that. President Biden's approval rating stands at a dismal 42%, versus 54% who disapprove," he said.

DEMOCRATS DON’T WANT TO ADMIT WHY BIDEN IS FAILING

"Believe it or not, just two months ago, Mr. Biden was in positive territory — 49% approving and 48% disapproving," Todd added.

Todd examined what was pulling down the president's numbers.

"Well, look at his set of numbers: just 37% say he has the ability right now to handle a crisis, versus nearly a majority who say he does not. Thirty-seven percent also say he's competent and effective as president. Fifty percent disagree with that description," he said.

"What's more, Republicans, believe it or not, have double-digit leads in dealing with border security, inflation, crime, national security, the economy, and — shockingly — on getting things done. Democrats hold generally smaller double-digit leads on dealing with climate change, the coronavirus, education, and abortion, and that’s really it right now," Todd said.

Looking ahead, Todd said, "It's not clear yet whether any deal struck by Democrats on the social spending and infrastructure bills will nudge Mr. Biden's numbers back into positive territory, or whether the damage to his reputation is more of a scar than a bruise. But this much is clear: about the only good news for Mr. Biden and the Democrats in this poll is that the midterm elections aren't for another year."

I was curious so I looked back at the poll for the Trump era. 22% is lower than the majority of the Trump era. His numbers started low and then were slowly climbing over during his administration until Covid hit when they tanked. The Trump range was roughly 23% to 44%.
                    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I loathe those wrong/right direction polls. They are as meaningless as national polls for president.

They never consider whether or not people see their leaders as trying to change the direction we're headed in.

For instance, you could have a majority believe we're going in the wrong direction, but if they think the president is working to turn that around then hearing that the people think we're currently heading in the wrong way would be good news for that incumbent.

Comment

The world’s top Christian gave Biden his seal of approval. If he’s good enough for God, he’s good enough for me.
                        Biden rocks, huzzah!

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                          The world’s top Christian gave Biden his seal of approval. If he’s good enough for God, he’s good enough for me.
                          Biden rocks, huzzah!
                          "World's top Christian."

Last edited by seanD; 11-02-2021, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Biden rocks, huzzah!
                            Since when did you start listening to the Pope? BTW - there are no "top" Christians...

Comment

Biden rocks, huzzah!
                              You mean, Lying Biden SAID that the Pope (if that's who you're calling "the world's top Christian") gave his seal of approval --- Biden is given to all sorts of fantasies and outright lies.

(The Pope is NOT "the world's top Christian" )
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment