Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Bow-and-arrow killings in Norway seen as an ‘act of terror’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yes, it was rather idiotic on your part.
    What was? Expecting you to understand the consequences of your own arguments? Or to remember what they were?
    It's unfortunate that you can't see the difference between a situation where it is not expected that guns would be fired as part of the "set" and one where guns are actually used by people who are not familiar with them, and are being incredibly unsafe.
    Apart from the fact that that difference is irrelevant to almost all of your 'arguments' you seem to have forgotten that guns being used by people who are not familiar with them and being incredibly unsafe is not just limited to film sets, but sufficiently commonplace in the US that armed toddlers are shooting each other on a weekly basis.
    You're proving that liberals are real morons when it comes to guns and gun safety.
    I don't think it's liberals who are giving their toddlers access to loaded guns.
    Last edited by Roy; 10-29-2021, 08:03 AM.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
      What was? Expecting you to understand the consequences of your own arguments? Or to remember what they were?

Apart from the fact that that difference is irrelevant to almost all of your 'arguments', you seem to have forgotten that guns being used by people who are not familiar with them and being incredibly unsafe is not just limited to film sets, but sufficiently commonplace in the US that armed toddlers are shooting each other on a weekly basis.
      So, you're too freakin stupid to understand that GUN SAFETY is a major concern of gun owners, and when guns are used CARELESSLY, and people get DEAD, conservatives are going to be upset.

I am ALWAYS for gun safety. ALWAYS.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't think it's liberals who are giving their toddlers access to loaded guns.
        Ah, you weren't done spewing forth stupidity yet, eh?

In this case, it was liberals giving guns to a liberal ADULT who shot and killed somebody. Actually AIMED and pulled the trigger.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So, you're too freakin stupid to understand that GUN SAFETY is a major concern of gun owners, and when guns are used CARELESSLY, and people get DEAD, conservatives are going to be upset.

I am ALWAYS for gun safety. ALWAYS.
          I understand that gun safety should be a major concern of gun owners. I also understand that all too frequently it is not.

It is US conservatives who are insisting that guns be available to those who will treat them carelessly, and they are not so upset about the resulting tragedies that they are doing anything to prevent them.

Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Several precepts that are universally supported by all 2A supporters....

You NEVER point a gun at somebody or something you don't intend to destroy or kill.
            Guns should ALWAYS be kept secure, and out of the hands of toddlers.
            Where guns are actually used in "shoot outs" - like on a film set - there should be EXTREME CAUTION that there be NO LIVE AMMO.

Absolute common sense, regardless of how any lame-brained liberal wants to try to twist it.

Comment

Ah, you weren't done spewing forth stupidity yet, eh?

In this case, it was liberals giving guns to a liberal ADULT who shot and killed somebody. Actually AIMED and pulled the trigger.
              Do you have any evidence that the on-set armourer was a liberal, or is this just you assuming that everyone who works on films is one?

Comment

Several precepts that are universally supported by all 2A supporters.....
                You're making this up. You can have no idea whether all 2A supporters hold those views, and even if they do support those views they don't all practice them. Because US toddlers (and idiots) still get hold of loaded guns.

I actually agree with all those precepts.
                Last edited by Roy; 10-29-2021, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• Here's the picture of the armorer

(OK, I added the nose ring)

armourer.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                    Here's the picture of the armorer

(OK, I added the nose ring)
                    Claptrap.

Comment

• My mistake. That was the assistant armorer.

assistant armorer.jpg

Comment

I understand that gun safety should be a major concern of gun owners. I also understand that all too frequently it is not.

It is US conservatives who are insisting that guns be available to those who will treat them carelessly, and they are not so upset about the resulting tragedies that they are doing anything to prevent them.
                        That's as silly as declaring cars should not be available because there are people who use them carelessly or leave their keys out where their kids could get them and go for a joy ride, etc.

Comment

Do you have any evidence that the on-set armourer was a liberal, or is this just you assuming that everyone who works on films is one?
                          Hannah Gutierrez, 24, is a pinko commie liberal, yes.

Comment

You're making this up. You can have no idea whether all 2A supporters hold those views, and even if they do support those views they don't all practice them. Because US toddlers (and idiots) still get hold of loaded guns.
                            All you have to do is present ONE 2A supporter who disagrees. Just ONE.

I actually agree with all those precepts.
                            So why wouldn't 2A supporters?

Comment

Hannah Gutierrez, 24, is a pinko commie liberal, yes.
                              I still wouldn't be surprised to learn that Baldwin put bullets in the gun. The guy is an elitist snob hothead who beats on and trashes people on a whim. Perhaps his victim made him angry. And Guiterrez ends up being the fall guy

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Source: How it happened: Inside movie set where Baldwin’s gun fired

[...]

In the commotion after the shooting, Halls found the weapon — a black revolver manufactured by an Italian company that specializes in 19th century reproductions — on a church pew.

He brought it to Gutierrez Reed and told her to open it so he could see what was inside. There were at least four dummy bullet casings, with the small hole in the side, he told detectives.

There was one empty casing. It had no hole.

© Copyright Original Source

That right there was the wrong thing to do. Could be considered tampering with the evidence. They should have not touched the gun or anything until the police got there.
                                Last edited by Sparko; 10-29-2021, 01:47 PM.

Comment