Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Taliban Declares Aug. 31 a Red Line as Biden Is Pressured To Extend Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    I really can't believe this is happening - we are going to leave Americans behind in the hands of the Taliban - I repeat, I can't believe this happening - it is heartbreaking! Our troops will start leaving this Friday...
    Three visceral reactions:

A.
    For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Aren't you glad that the "adults" are back in the White House? And they brought back the "professionals" to run things?

America is back!

2) Given his loathing for America it is any wonder that Starlight declares: "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done"?

c: Imagine what some of those who literally left a piece or pieces of themselves back in Afghanistan must be thinking. I could imagine that old Joe would very possibly be safer alone among the Taliban than he would be in a VFW Hall or VA Hospital right now

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

This has all got to be Trump's fault. somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        This has all got to be Trump's fault. somehow.
        Many seek to shift the blame. And in a small way it is. Trump is responsible for establishing the timetable -- but old Joe was hardly beholden to it and had immediately abandoned virtually every other policy initiative Trump made in the first week of his Administration.

And the implementation is all on old Joe.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Three visceral reactions:

A.
          For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Aren't you glad that the "adults" are back in the White House? And they brought back the "professionals" to run things?

America is back!

2) Given his loathing for America it is any wonder that Starlight declares: "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done"?

c: Imagine what some of those who literally left a piece or pieces of themselves back in Afghanistan must be thinking. I could imagine that old Joe would very possibly be safer alone among the Taliban than he would be in a VFW Hall or VA Hospital right now
          Biden has the blood of American civilians on his hands - he needs to be impeached and tried later in a criminal court...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Biden has the blood of American civilians on his hands - he needs to be impeached and tried later in a criminal court...
            The democrats spent 4 years impeaching Trump over nonsense they just made up. Biden has betrayed our citizens and allies with his incompetence and weakness by capitulating to the enemy.

Comment

The democrats spent 4 years impeaching Trump over nonsense they just made up. Biden has betrayed our citizens and allies with his incompetence and weakness by capitulating to the enemy.
              I really can't remember being this angry and disappointed with an American president. He makes Jane Fonda look like a patriot...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Lots of rumors starting to swirl about the possibility of an impeachment arising from this. Pelosi has even said she's pretty sure that she'll get the Senate to convict Trump this time.

Comment

I really can't remember being this angry and disappointed with an American president.
                  When was the last time when one stabbed you in the back? Not to mention sniffed your hair while doing so.

Comment

Niki Haley makes an excellent point --- when we force our soldiers to evacuate from Afghanistan knowing they are leaving Americans behind, it places a terribly burdesome unjust cost on them for the rest of their lives.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

First, I think it was past time for the USA to leave Afghanistan.

Second, I think Biden totally botched up the withdrawal.

Question though - what criminal charges could he be charged with? I'm drawing a blank and regrettably, stupidity isn't a criminal offence.
                      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

First, I think it was past time for the USA to leave Afghanistan.

Second, I think Biden totally botched up the withdrawal.

Question though - what criminal charges could he be charged with? I'm drawing a blank and regrettably, stupidity isn't a criminal offence.
                        Abandoning US citizens to terrorists? He has a duty to protect US citizens.

But I think the best thing they could do is remove him due to incompetence under the 25th amendment.

Either way it also exposes his entire cabinet and the military leaders who went along with his nonsense to the same culpability. They should have known better, but didn't say anything. "Just doing my job" isn't an excuse.

Comment

Abandoning US citizens to terrorists? He has a duty to protect US citizens.

But I think the best thing they could do is remove him due to incompetence under the 25th amendment.

Either way it also exposes his entire cabinet and the military leaders who went along with his nonsense to the same culpability. They should have known better, but didn't say anything. "Just doing my job" isn't an excuse.
                          Two words keeping him in office: President Harris.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Two words keeping him in office: President Harris.
                            The Old Fool is stumbling through yet another speech somebody wrote for him, and even now admitting that ISIS-K is complicating things in Afghanistan, even having declared they and Al Queda are not in Afghnistan.

He's also boasting wonderful the virtual G-7 meeting when this morning, sounding polar opposite to what other members of the G7 report.

He also seems to be fudging on the Aug 31 deadline whille trying to sound like it's still firm.

He should be in a nursing home, not in the White House;

Our allies thinks he's a crazy old fool.

And, yet another cowardly "Walk off", takiing no questions.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

The Old Fool is stumbling through yet another speech somebody wrote for him, and even now admitting that ISIS-K is complicating things in Afghanistan, even having declared they and Al Queda are not in Afghnistan.

He's also boasting wonderful the virtual G-7 meeting when this morning, sounding polar opposite to what other members of the G7 report.

He also seems to be fudging on the Aug 31 deadline whille trying to sound like it's still firm.

He should be in a nursing home, not in the White House;

Our allies thinks he's a crazy old fool.

And, yet another cowardly "Walk off", takiing no questions.
                              He said there were 60,000 people were flown out - but would not say how many Americans - Politico reported less than 5,000. Shows where their priorities are...

Comment

He said there were 60,000 people were flown out - but would not say how many Americans - Politico reported less than 5,000. Shows where their priorities are...
                                That's assuming the 60,000 number wasn't one that old Joe extracted from his nether regions.

Comment