Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Taliban Declares Aug. 31 a Red Line as Biden Is Pressured To Extend Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taliban Declares Aug. 31 a Red Line as Biden Is Pressured To Extend Deadline

Taliban Declares Aug. 31 a Red Line as Biden Is Pressured To Extend Deadline

2021-08-23T132405Z_1_LYNXMPEH7M0M9_RTROPTP_4_AFGHANISTAN-CONFLICT-KABUL-AIRPORT-1024x576.jpg

KABUL/WASHINGTON (Reuters) — With thousands of desperate Afghans and foreigners crowding into Kabul's airport in the hope of fleeing Afghanistan's new Taliban rulers, pressure grew on U.S. president Joe Biden on Monday to extend the deadline for the evacuation operation.

Biden on Sunday warned that the evacuation was going to be "hard and painful" and he said a lot could still go wrong. U.S. troops might stay beyond their Aug. 31 deadline to oversee the evacuation, he said.

That concern was underlined on Monday morning when a firefight erupted at the airport on Monday between Afghan guards and unidentified gunmen. German and U.S. forces were also involved, the German military said.

Britain and France were among those calling for the deadline to be eased. But a Taliban official said foreign forces had not sought an extension and it would not be granted if they had.

And a local Taliban militant, speaking to a large crowd in Kabul on Monday, urged Afghans to remain in the country.

"Where has our honor gone to? Where has our dignity gone to?" the unidentified militant said. "We will not let the Americans continue to be here. They will have to leave this place. Whether it is a gun or a pen, we will fight to our last breath."[/quote]

One commentator just said "Biden has given the whole "9-11" concept to the Taliban forever -- it will now be a VICTORY day for the Taliban and Al Qaeda".

Attached Files
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

What would they do if we weren't out by August 31st? If they start attacking Biden (if he is smart) would just loose the military on them again, undoing the whole withdrawal. Of course the Taliban could always use US hostages in key places as human shields. Biden really screwed this up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      What would they do if we weren't out by August 31st? If they start attacking Biden (if he is smart) would just loose the military on them again, undoing the whole withdrawal. Of course the Taliban could always use US hostages in key places as human shields. Biden really screwed this up.
      Like I said -- Biden handed the entire deck of cards to the Taliban, but he kept the jokers.

If Biden looses the military on them, who do they attack? The Taliban has thousands of hostages, and the means to begin executing them on social media.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So, now, Price (State Department) is saying that IF there are Americans who still wish to leave after the US military is gone, they will still be able to do so, because we will hold the Taliban accountable - then he threw in quickly - "and so will the rest of the world".

A) He's pretty much admitting there WILL be Americans left behind
        2) He's also admitting that the Taliban has no respect for or fear of the US - which is why he threw in "the rest of the world".

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          So, now, Price (State Department) is saying that IF there are Americans who still wish to leave after the US military is gone, they will still be able to do so, because we will hold the Taliban accountable - then he threw in quickly - "and so will the rest of the world".

A) He's pretty much admitting there WILL be Americans left behind
          2) He's also admitting that the Taliban has no respect for or fear of the US - which is why he threw in "the rest of the world".
          Sounds like he's trying to make the rest of the world equally responsible for old Joe's monumental screw up.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Sounds like he's trying to make the rest of the world equally responsible for old Joe's monumental screw up.
            Yup - and I don't think they're gonna buy it. I don't see how you can spin this any other way than that Joe (or his handlers) did this all by himself/themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Yup - and I don't think they're gonna buy it. I don't see how you can spin this any other way than that Joe (or his handlers) did this all by himself/themselves.
              Some of the MSM (and a few posters) insist on blaming Trump, who is indeed responsible for setting this withdrawal into motion, rather than the duffer responsible for its implementation -- which is where over 90% of the mistakes and all of the worst ones -- were made.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Will we leave? Leaving Americans STRANDED? Will we stay and confront the Taliban and search for our people?
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Will we leave? Leaving Americans STRANDED? Will we stay and confront the Taliban and search for our people?
                  How many pallets of cash will old Joe deliver in the dead of night?

Comment

Considering the way Joe has handled the situation so far, we can be confident that whatever the best decision is, he'll do the exact opposite.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Considering the way Joe has handled the situation so far, we can be confident that whatever the best decision is, he'll do the exact opposite.
                      This will be the textbook example of what not to do in a situation like this for generations.

And remember how the left was so giddy about how "the adults" were back in charge and with all of the "professionals" they were bringing back with them? Keep in mind they were the same "professionals" that laughed at Trump for trying to secure any peace accords in the Middle East and declaring how he'll make things worse. Then we got treaties between Israel and Bahrain, UAE, Sudan and Morocco.

Comment

This will be the textbook example of what not to do in a situation like this for generations.
                        This is exactly the kind of thing that is taught at "war college".

They will have examples of excellent warfare (the first Gulf War) and this will be a contemporary example of the worst possible warfare.
                        (unless they are too woke to present it factually)

Comment

Joe Biden is a traitor to the American People... No judicial punishment is too severe...

Biden won't extend Aug. 31 Afghanistan withdrawal deadline, official say

President Biden has decided not to extend an Aug. 31 deadline to remove all American troops from Afghanistan, a U.S. official tells Fox News' Lucas Tomlinson.

The development comes shortly after a Taliban spokesperson – following a meeting between leader Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar and CIA Director William Burns in Kabul -- said there will be “no extensions” to the Biden administration’s Aug. 31 date.

Defense Dept. Press Secretary John Kirby said Tuesday that the White House is still “aiming toward the end of the month” for a complete withdrawal of American troops from Afghanistan.

The Pentagon also said the number of U.S. troops in Afghanistan will go to “zero” at the Aug. 31 deadline.
                          https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/li...se-in-on-kabul
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Joe Biden is a traitor to the American People... No judicial punishment is too severe...

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/li...se-in-on-kabul
                            As I noted in another thread, the Taliban rebuffed his efforts to extend it so old Joe is now just pretending that he has a choice.

It looks like old Joe (or his keepers) sent the CIA director to Afghanistan to ask the Taliban for an extension -- and he was sent home empty handed. So after getting rebuffed the duffer is now acting like he didn't want an extension while our allies plead with him to change his mind apparently not realizing it wasn't Biden's choice but the Taliban's who had rejected Biden's pleas.

And the Taliban has completely blocked access to the airport but are still allowing foreigners through, pretty much foretells their plans for anyone who assisted us (but then old Joe said back in 2010 what he thought about that).

I wonder if his keepers thought it was better to portray him in charge rather than the helpless bystander reduced to asking permission and being told no. And yes -- asking permission.

This past Sunday old Joe's Secretary of State Antony Blinken on CBS's Face the Nation, was forced to admit that old Joe is asking the Taliban for "permission" to save the Americans that in his idiocy he abandoned there.

Comment

As I noted in another thread, the Taliban rebuffed his efforts to extend it so old Joe is now just pretending that he has a choice.

I wonder if his keepers thought it was better to portray him in charge rather than the helpless bystander reduced to asking permission and being told no. And yes -- asking permission.

This past Sunday old Joe's Secretary of State Antony Blinken on CBS's Face the Nation, was forced to admit that old Joe is asking the Taliban for "permission" to save the Americans that in his idiocy he abandoned there.
                              I really can't believe this is happening - we are going to leave Americans behind in the hands of the Taliban - I repeat, I can't believe this happening - it is heartbreaking! Our troops will start leaving this Friday...

Comment