Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Delta variant and all future global variant surges (all are free post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

There's obviously about 36% Americans that don't want the vaccine and don't intend on getting it for whatever reason and about half the American population got one shot and it looks like they don't intend on getting a follow-up shot. So what is your solution?
    Natural selection.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Natural selection.
      What you say here seems to contradict your actions.

The relentless fearmongering and rhetoric in the MSM and the Biden admin against the unvaccinated is clearly an attempt to put as much pressure on the unvaccinated populous as they can to get them vaccinated. If your solution is to just live and let live, then why constantly post articles fearmongering about the unvaccinated and how they're the cause of the spread if you just want nature to take its course?

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

What you say here seems to contradict your actions.

The relentless fearmongering and rhetoric in the MSM and the Biden admin against the unvaccinated is clearly an attempt to put as much pressure on the unvaccinated populous as they can to get them vaccinated. If your solution is to just live and let live, then why constantly post articles fearmongering about the unvaccinated and how they're the cause of the spread if you just want nature to take its course?
        I suspect his retort of "Natural selection" was intended as more fearmongering rather a reasoned response to your question.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Natural selection.
          Sounds good to me. So why are you guys pushing vaccine mandates, etc.?

Let's do it. Go with natural selection. The overwhelming majority of those people will get covid, recover, and have even more robust immunity than they would have if they'd taken the shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Let's do it. Go with natural selection. The overwhelming majority of those people will get covid, recover, and have even more robust immunity than they would have if they'd taken the shots.
            What the covid cult will say is that the unvaccinated is causing the variants (I guess implying there will eventually be a mutant strain that is vaccine resistant?).

Comment

Conservative eugenics. How do the families that suffer their looses, and those that suffer from the long term effects of the Covid-19 feel about your cold indifferent attitude toward them.

The virus may mutate to a more virulent from among the unvaccinated, and cause more suffering and death
              Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-27-2021, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Conservative eugenics. How do the families that suffer their looses, and those that suffer from the long term effects of the Covid-19 feel about your cold indifferent attitude toward them.
                See? You can't seem to make up your mind.

Comment

See? You can't seem to make up your mind.
                  Noncompismentus.

The virus may mutate to a more virulent from among the unvaccinated, and cause more suffering and death

Comment

Noncompismentus.
                    The first step is admitting you have a problem. I'm proud of you, shuny.
                    But instead with Delta it's mutated to a more mild virus, with its average symptoms being more cold-like, and many of the flagship 'covid' symptoms no longer being common.

Comment

The first step is admitting you have a problem. I'm proud of you, shuny.

But instead with Delta it's mutated to a more mild virus, with its average symptoms being more cold-like, and many of the flagship 'covid' symptoms no longer being common.
                      The Delta is no ta milder variation. The above is terribly false. The Delta variation is more verilant among the unvaccinated. Yes, if you are fully vaccinated the symptoms are milder.
                      Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-27-2021, 07:25 AM.

Comment

The Delta is no ta milder variation. The above is terribly false. The Delta variation is more verilant among the unvaccinated. Yes, if you are fully vaccinated the symptoms are milder.
                        Except it is.

with the delta overtaking as the dominant strain, deaths are lower (the latest UK numbers I saw indicated the fatality rate dropped to 0.2 percent or lower) and in addition, symptoms have shifted away from the classic covid symptoms.. I'm speaking facts, which you don't seem to know any of just like you falsely claimed a much lower LA vaccination number than actually is the case.
                        https://fortune.com/2021/07/10/covid...oms-different/

Comment

Except it is.

with the delta overtaking as the dominant strain, deaths are lower (the latest UK numbers I saw indicated the fatality rate dropped to 0.2 percent or lower) and in addition, symptoms have shifted away from the classic covid symptoms.. I'm speaking facts, which you don't seem to know any of just like you falsely claimed a much lower LA vaccination number than actually is the case.
                          The Delta is not a milder variation. The above is terribly false. The Delta variation is more verilant among the unvaccinated. Yes, if you are fully vaccinated the symptoms are milder.

Comment

Except it is.

Accept this . . .

Source: https://www.path.org/articles/new-variants-will-covid-19-tests-still-work/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw3f6HBhDHARIsAD_i3D-iDfmG0HsUT8bFV8teAKwXTfGRmLT_x0xOjRM4V3piYCDGVxK5a bsaAn0ZEALw_wcB

Q: What about the Delta variant? Why are experts so worried about it?

According to WHO, the Delta variant (B.167.2) is the “fastest and fittest” variant yet—as much as 50 to 60 percent more transmissible than the Alpha variant (B.1.1.7), which was already 50 per cent more transmissible than the original strain of COVID-19.

“The Delta variant poses a serious risk to people who are not fully vaccinated, as it is highly contagious.” Lorraine says. “There is also some indication that the Delta variant may result in more severe disease.”

A study in Scotland, published in The Lancet, found the hospitalization rate of patients with the Delta variant was about 85 percent higher than that of people with the Alpha variant.

That’s a troubling statistic for all countries around the world, but particularly for those with limited medical infrastructure. Right now, cases of the Delta variant are beginning to surge on the African continent—most notably in South Africa where fewer than 1 in 20 people have been vaccinated and cases are predicted to surpass peak numbers already seen.

© Copyright Original Source

Stay informed . . .

Comment

Except it is.

From your source . . .

Source: https://fortune.com/2021/07/10/covid-delta-variant-symptoms-different/

Coronaviruses contain multitudes. Terrible multitudes, but multitudes nonetheless. They can cause everything from the usually-benign common cold to far more serious respiratory conditions such as SARS and MERS and, of course, the novel coronavirus which causes COVID and has claimed more than four million lives around the world to date. 9

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

The Delta is not a milder variation. The above is terribly false. The Delta variation is more verilant among the unvaccinated. Yes, if you are fully vaccinated the symptoms are milder.
                                Being more contagious does not mean it cannot be milder. The FACT is that as Delta has taken over, milder cold-like symptoms have become predominate and classic covid symptoms of a year ago are seldom reported. Death rate has also decreased

Comment