Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden Admin flagging "problematic posts" on facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    Excellent article by The Hill. Extreme partisan leftists are dancing with the Devil, and even a moderate lefty rag gets it...

It seems that the WH is realizing the poo they stepped in here. They are trying to walk it back.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

It seems that the WH is realizing the poo they stepped in here. They are trying to walk it back.
      They may be trying to walk it back publicly, but I highly doubt this won't continue. In fact, as I stated, I believe this had been going on for quite awhile. They were basically just testing the waters to see the reactions they'd get if they went public.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

The Big 3 were even calling it a walk back, albeit very briefly followed by a quick change of subject.

On NBC, Los Angeles correspondent stated "The President now walking back comments after pointing the finger at Facebook Friday" while CBS's anchor Norah O’Donnell called it a "stunning reversal" and "Biden versus Facebook. After the President accused the social media giant of killing people with vaccine misinformation, the walk-back as he calls on Facebook to do more."

ABC gave the longest report with White House reporter Rachel Scott declaring

Yes, and today the President’s comments infuriating Facebook and today, the President walked it back, saying that it's misinformation on Facebook that is killing Americans, not the social media company itself. The President going on to say that, instead of taking it personally, that Facebook should crack down on bad information about vaccines. But tonight, Facebook says they have done just that. A spokesperson telling us that they have taken aggressive steps to remove more than 18 million pieces of misinformation on the site, even kicking off repeat offenders.

So the "walking back" only concerns blaming Facebook. Old Joe still wants Big Tech to act as the Democrat's Information Bureau, censoring stuff he doesn't like.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Have y'all seen this?

Twitter explodes after Psaki urges Big Tech to unite on bans for 'misinformation' spreaders

'This is White House directed collusion'

The White House is courting intense criticism again Friday after press secretary Jen Psaki said that once users are banned from one social media platform for spreading coronavirus "misinformation," they should be expelled from all others as well.

Remarking on steps social media outlets could take for public health, she advised they "create robust enforcement strategies that bridge their properties and provide transparency about rules. You shouldn't be banned from one platform and not others if you are for providing misinformation out there."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/twitte...misinformation

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Have y'all seen this?

Twitter explodes after Psaki urges Big Tech to unite on bans for 'misinformation' spreaders

'This is White House directed collusion'

The White House is courting intense criticism again Friday after press secretary Jen Psaki said that once users are banned from one social media platform for spreading coronavirus "misinformation," they should be expelled from all others as well.

Remarking on steps social media outlets could take for public health, she advised they "create robust enforcement strategies that bridge their properties and provide transparency about rules. You shouldn't be banned from one platform and not others if you are for providing misinformation out there."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/twitte...misinformation

Could you imagine that after 9/11 the government encouraged censoring those that disagreed? Look at the kooks who kept saying it was an inside job. Or that the towers couldn't have collapsed from jet airliners being flown into them and it wasn't a plane that hit the Pentagon.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Could you imagine that after 9/11 the government encouraged censoring those that disagreed? Look at the kooks who kept saying it was an inside job. Or that the towers couldn't have collapsed from jet airliners being flown into them and it wasn't a plane that hit the Pentagon.
              In this case, they're using the "We're doing it for your own good" rationalization, the hypothesis being that China flu "misinformation" can be directly responsible for people dying. It's clearly a specious argument.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

In this case, they're using the "We're doing it for your own good" rationalization, the hypothesis being that China flu "misinformation" can be directly responsible for people dying. It's clearly a specious argument.
                I asked J. the following:

What is the level of "that will result in the deaths of Americans" does it need to be to censored? How certain do you have to be? How direct does that "result in death" have to be? How many have to die?

I can come up with a number of talking points that "will result in the deaths of Americans."

Advocating for legalization of Marijuana "will result in the deaths of Americans."
                Advocating for the end of the Cuban Embargo "will result in the deaths of Americans." Obviously some Americans who visit there will end up being killed by criminals. How many, how often, I don't know. But it is inevitable.
                Advocating for Banning of Fire Arms "will result in the deaths of Americans," due to the loss of self defense capabilities.
                Advocating for the Defunding of police "will result in the deaths of Americans."

He has yet to answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Not to mention that if such a system was in place at the start, the exact same message would have been at first judged as true, then would have been flagged as false, only to be regarded as accurate again -- namely whether we should wear masks. Such drastic shifts in positions would rival those from Eurasia to Eastasia and back again.

And don't get me started on all the fake news stories that kept circulating like that Trump suggesting injecting bleach, or that he called the Chicom coronavirus a hoax (that even kept being repeated on various news shows for months after even liberal "fact checkers" even said that was total B.S.).

Care to bet those wouldn't ever have been flagged?

Comment

I love it when the pinko commies accidentally tell us what their agenda is.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Not to mention that if such a system was in place at the start, the exact same message would have been at first judged as true, then would have been flagged as false, only to be regarded as accurate again -- namely whether we should wear masks. Such drastic shifts in positions would rival those from Eurasia to Eastasia and back again.

And don't get me started on all the fake news stories that kept circulating like that Trump suggesting injecting bleach, or that he called the Chicom coronavirus a hoax (that even kept being repeated on various news shows for months after even liberal "fact checkers" even said that was total B.S.).

Care to bet those wouldn't ever have been flagged?
                      We STILL have people repeating those lies as truth here on Tweb.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

We STILL have people repeating those lies as truth here on Tweb.
                        We are waiting for advice from the White House on how and when to mod them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I love it when the pinko commies accidentally tell us what their agenda is.
                          That doesn't mean they won't succeed. Look at a certain ex-corporeal with a book called "My Struggle" (translated from the original German). Many of his goals were laid right out there for all to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

We are waiting for advice from the White House on how and when to mod them.
                            They told you that they'd "circle back" to you, didn't they?

Comment

That doesn't mean they won't succeed. Look at a certain ex-corporeal with a book called "My Struggle" (translated from the original German). Many of his goals were laid right out there for all to read.
                              Yeah, but I think the fact that we're actually seeing major pushback at school board meetings and city all meetings and...

And she's not at all... um... "charismatic" -- there's ZERO "wow, she's RIGHT - let's FOLLOW HER!!!!!"

(maybe because you'd get dizzy with all the circling back)

She's a ditz who gets paid to lie for the administration.

Comment

They told you that they'd "circle back" to you, didn't they?
                                Jen has me on hold right now, she is reading this thread to tell me who to ban. So far you are on the list (as usual)

Comment