Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden Admin flagging "problematic posts" on facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Jen has me on hold right now, she is reading this thread to tell me who to ban. So far you are on the list (as usual)
    Don't bother trying to explain it to her. I love the look of frustration folks get when they try.

SQUIRRELS!! Turn on the monitors please.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Don't bother trying to explain it to her. I love the look of frustration folks get when they try.

SQUIRRELS!! Turn on the monitors please.
      Jen says to expect the black helicopters soon.

Comment

Jen says to expect the black helicopters soon.
        I heard.

Kchtekiit tixxk-kki ("Sassy Pants") is leading the Hover Dawg Air Corp to intercept them.

WdbhSRX.gif

And Xikket-chx Kiixchchit ("Smooth Jazz"), as usual, has their back and will take out any that get past them

d4g6gz8-0da2350f-2691-46fd-8400-4527ca87339e.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I heard.

Kchtekiit tixxk-kki ("Sassy Pants") is leading the Hover Dawg Air Corp to intercept them.

WdbhSRX.gif

And Xikket-chx Kiixchchit ("Smooth Jazz"), as usual, has their back and will take out any that get past them

d4g6gz8-0da2350f-2691-46fd-8400-4527ca87339e.jpg

This is Biden. The helicopters will probably get lost and run out of fossil fuel before they find you anyway.

Comment

This is Biden. The helicopters will probably get lost and run out of fossil fuel before they find you anyway.
            They're using the new green solar-powered helicopters -- and it's a overcast/rainy day.

I've got reports that they're pushing them down the road. Given that they have +30 miles to go and its mostly uphill now, I'm presently expecting them around sundown tomorrow. And then they'll have to wait until sunrise and hope it isn't still cloudy

Comment

That doesn't mean they won't succeed. Look at a certain ex-corporeal with a book called "My Struggle" (translated from the original German). Many of his goals were laid right out there for all to read.
              The great historical example of a politician saying what he's going to do and then actually do it. Does that make him more honest than today's politicians?

The scary part of this is people actually voted him into power.
              "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

The great historical example of a politician saying what he's going to do and then actually do it. Does that make him more honest than today's politicians?

The scary part of this is people actually voted him into power.
                Initially. He pretty much helped himself to much of the power he wielded after being elected.

Comment

Not to mention that if such a system was in place at the start, the exact same message would have been at first judged as true, then would have been flagged as false, only to be regarded as accurate again -- namely whether we should wear masks. Such drastic shifts in positions would rival those from Eurasia to Eastasia and back again.

And don't get me started on all the fake news stories that kept circulating like that Trump suggesting injecting bleach, or that he called the Chicom coronavirus a hoax (that even kept being repeated on various news shows for months after even liberal "fact checkers" even said that was total B.S.).

Care to bet those wouldn't ever have been flagged?
                  And they said Trump was a dictator.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

And they said Trump was a dictator.
                    The political left is the party of projection. I've never seen such absurd levels of hypocrisy in my entire life.

Comment

Something to chew on

Source: Guess who undermined public confidence in vaccines?

"The fact that you continue to undermine public confidence in a vaccine, if the vaccine emerges during the Trump administration, I think is unconscionable."

That was then-Vice President Mike Pence's rebuke of his opponent, then-Sen. Kamala Harris, in the campaign's stretch-run, when she was talking down Operation Warp Speed, the Trump administration's zealous initiative to push across the finish line the vaccines that pharmaceutical companies miraculously managed to produce by late 2020.

Harris had stated that any such effort pushed by then-President Trump was untrustworthy. This was consistent with the Biden campaign theme that the Trump administration had been incompetent in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic - a position that morphed, when President Biden took office, into a claim that the Trump team hadn't even had a workable plan on vaccine distribution (a claim so patently false that even Anthony Fauci, director of the Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, denied it).

The vice presidential candidates' debate was Harris's highest-profile appearance of the campaign. She took the opportunity to explain that she would not get a vaccine pushed by Trump. That is what got the habitually placid Pence's dander up. He turned to Harris and memorably admonished, "Stop playing politics with people's lives."

This is a vignette worth keeping in the front of our minds as Biden cynically exploits his bully pulpit against Facebook. The president and his administration are endeavoring to shift blame to the social media giant for the predictable effects of their own demagoguery.

The propagandist-in-chief inveighed against Facebook on Friday for "killing people" by spreading misinformation about the efficacy and potentially damaging side effects of the vaccines. The claim is nearly as shameful as Biden's recent portrayal of state election-procedure reforms (e.g., curbs on drive-thru voting) as the reestablishment of Jim Crow and a threat to democracy on a par with "the Civil War."

Biden's attack on Facebook is reprehensible. Though he won't be called on it by the Democratic media complex, these are outrageous lies comparable to what the president accuses his predecessor of routinely spewing.

The administration is upset because, after his campaign discredited the vaccine effort, Biden over-promised what he could deliver once he took charge of it. He claimed that by Independence Day 70 percent of adult Americans would have received at least one dose of a vaccine. In fact, the Mayo Clinic put the July 4 count at about 55 percent. (It has inched up to 56 percent in the two weeks since, and just under half the eligible population has been fully vaccinated.)

Patently, this is not Facebook's fault. Facebook is a social media platform with billions of users. As a matter of human inevitability, there will be some misinformation on it. That is the nature of speech in a large, pluralistic, free society. It is to be expected of a free-communications medium that is nudged by law to be minimalist in regulating the exchange of information and to avoid content discrimination.

Even so, Facebook has been tireless in informing users about where and when vaccines are available, and in disseminating exhortations that Americans avail themselves of them. It also contends that 85 percent of U.S. Facebook users have been or want to be vaccinated.

There is abundant reason to be skeptical about that claim - really, how would Facebook know? At the same time, it would not be surprising at all if Facebook, as a user community, does in fact have a higher vaccination rate than the nation as a whole on Biden's watch. After all, none of Facebook's principals cavalierly undermined the government's vaccine effort for what they perceived to be a fleeting political advantage. It was Biden officials who did that.

Wholly apart from the cynical campaign rhetoric of Harris and other Democrats, there is the matter of behavior. Long after they were fully vaccinated, Biden and Harris persisted in donning masks at public appearances. Harris and her husband, who is also fully vaccinated, even kissed each other through masks for the consumption of media cameras.

Like the fanatical anti-vaxxers they revile, Biden & Co. were doing their part to politicize masks and vaccines, which is about as foolish as it gets in our deeply divided country. But plainly, Biden's example is more consequential and it sends a powerful signal that undermines his vaccination message.

If you want people to get vaccinated, you set up an incentive framework that imposes the burdens of the epidemic on the unvaccinated. Biden, by contrast, communicated that even after being vaccinated - the main attraction of which is to get back to normal life - Americans should continue to wear masks.

The weird idea behind this was to protect the unvaccinated and avoid shaming them. Of course, the way to protect the unvaccinated was to promote the advantages of vaccination. Biden's approach had ordinary people asking themselves: What is the point of being vaccinated if we are still to be under the yoke of mandates?

The question is all the more pressing because the vaccines are still approved only on an emergency basis, thanks to the supposedly untrustworthy Trump administration. The Biden administration, for all its bombast, hasn't pushed through final approval.

As a result, people who have not been vaccinated are not crazy to ask: Why should I submit to a vaccine whose effects are still being evaluated and whose final, formal approval is still pending, when there is statistically only a small chance that I will die or get seriously ill from COVID-19, and when getting vaccinated may not relieve me of the mandates?

Don't get me wrong. Like many Americans, my wife and I scoured the web looking for available vaccines when they were scarce. We got vaccinated as quickly as we could, and pushed our family to do likewise. I think everyone should get vaccinated, and the faster nearly all of us do, the better off we'll all be.

But like most Americans, I also cherish living in a free republic, where the First Amendment prohibits the government from infringing our free speech rights by threats and actions. It is constitutionally offensive for the Biden administration to harass Facebook - and it would be even if Biden were honestly worried about misinformation on social media, rather than distracting attention from his administration's unclean hands.

On that note, with the delta variant driving a surge of infections (overwhelmingly among the unvaccinated), Democratic-run Los Angeles County has just reimposed the mask mandate on its 10 million residents. Concurrently, the chairman of the Democratic-controlled New York City Assembly is proposing to impose an indoor mask mandate even on those who have been vaccinated - and even as the Big Apple struggles to recover, with tourism dying and businesses in peril, especially those that can't hire help because of Democratic policies that pay people not to work.

If the president and Democrats want to understand their vaccine challenge, they might consider stepping away from social media apps and taking a look in the mirror.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Old Joe has since walked his blaming of Facebook, probably after his keepers remind him that they're staunch allies, but has continued demanding that they act as the Democrat's unofficial Information Bureau, censoring all the stuff that the demented duffer disapproves of.

Comment

Well ol Joe probably went off script calling Facebook murderers right after his press secretary said that they were using Facebook as their defacto censors. His handlers had to reign him in and have him walk it back. Don't want to piss off your flunkies.

Comment

Something to chew on

Source: Guess who undermined public confidence in vaccines?

"The fact that you continue to undermine public confidence in a vaccine, if the vaccine emerges during the Trump administration, I think is unconscionable."

That was then-Vice President Mike Pence's rebuke of his opponent, then-Sen. Kamala Harris, in the campaign's stretch-run, when she was talking down Operation Warp Speed, the Trump administration's zealous initiative to push across the finish line the vaccines that pharmaceutical companies miraculously managed to produce by late 2020.

Harris had stated that any such effort pushed by then-President Trump was untrustworthy. This was consistent with the Biden campaign theme that the Trump administration had been incompetent in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic - a position that morphed, when President Biden took office, into a claim that the Trump team hadn't even had a workable plan on vaccine distribution (a claim so patently false that even Anthony Fauci, director of the Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, denied it).

The vice presidential candidates' debate was Harris's highest-profile appearance of the campaign. She took the opportunity to explain that she would not get a vaccine pushed by Trump. That is what got the habitually placid Pence's dander up. He turned to Harris and memorably admonished, "Stop playing politics with people's lives."

This is a vignette worth keeping in the front of our minds as Biden cynically exploits his bully pulpit against Facebook. The president and his administration are endeavoring to shift blame to the social media giant for the predictable effects of their own demagoguery.

The propagandist-in-chief inveighed against Facebook on Friday for "killing people" by spreading misinformation about the efficacy and potentially damaging side effects of the vaccines. The claim is nearly as shameful as Biden's recent portrayal of state election-procedure reforms (e.g., curbs on drive-thru voting) as the reestablishment of Jim Crow and a threat to democracy on a par with "the Civil War."

Biden's attack on Facebook is reprehensible. Though he won't be called on it by the Democratic media complex, these are outrageous lies comparable to what the president accuses his predecessor of routinely spewing.

The administration is upset because, after his campaign discredited the vaccine effort, Biden over-promised what he could deliver once he took charge of it. He claimed that by Independence Day 70 percent of adult Americans would have received at least one dose of a vaccine. In fact, the Mayo Clinic put the July 4 count at about 55 percent. (It has inched up to 56 percent in the two weeks since, and just under half the eligible population has been fully vaccinated.)

Patently, this is not Facebook's fault. Facebook is a social media platform with billions of users. As a matter of human inevitability, there will be some misinformation on it. That is the nature of speech in a large, pluralistic, free society. It is to be expected of a free-communications medium that is nudged by law to be minimalist in regulating the exchange of information and to avoid content discrimination.

Even so, Facebook has been tireless in informing users about where and when vaccines are available, and in disseminating exhortations that Americans avail themselves of them. It also contends that 85 percent of U.S. Facebook users have been or want to be vaccinated.

There is abundant reason to be skeptical about that claim - really, how would Facebook know? At the same time, it would not be surprising at all if Facebook, as a user community, does in fact have a higher vaccination rate than the nation as a whole on Biden's watch. After all, none of Facebook's principals cavalierly undermined the government's vaccine effort for what they perceived to be a fleeting political advantage. It was Biden officials who did that.

Wholly apart from the cynical campaign rhetoric of Harris and other Democrats, there is the matter of behavior. Long after they were fully vaccinated, Biden and Harris persisted in donning masks at public appearances. Harris and her husband, who is also fully vaccinated, even kissed each other through masks for the consumption of media cameras.

Like the fanatical anti-vaxxers they revile, Biden & Co. were doing their part to politicize masks and vaccines, which is about as foolish as it gets in our deeply divided country. But plainly, Biden's example is more consequential and it sends a powerful signal that undermines his vaccination message.

If you want people to get vaccinated, you set up an incentive framework that imposes the burdens of the epidemic on the unvaccinated. Biden, by contrast, communicated that even after being vaccinated - the main attraction of which is to get back to normal life - Americans should continue to wear masks.

The weird idea behind this was to protect the unvaccinated and avoid shaming them. Of course, the way to protect the unvaccinated was to promote the advantages of vaccination. Biden's approach had ordinary people asking themselves: What is the point of being vaccinated if we are still to be under the yoke of mandates?

The question is all the more pressing because the vaccines are still approved only on an emergency basis, thanks to the supposedly untrustworthy Trump administration. The Biden administration, for all its bombast, hasn't pushed through final approval.

As a result, people who have not been vaccinated are not crazy to ask: Why should I submit to a vaccine whose effects are still being evaluated and whose final, formal approval is still pending, when there is statistically only a small chance that I will die or get seriously ill from COVID-19, and when getting vaccinated may not relieve me of the mandates?

Don't get me wrong. Like many Americans, my wife and I scoured the web looking for available vaccines when they were scarce. We got vaccinated as quickly as we could, and pushed our family to do likewise. I think everyone should get vaccinated, and the faster nearly all of us do, the better off we'll all be.

But like most Americans, I also cherish living in a free republic, where the First Amendment prohibits the government from infringing our free speech rights by threats and actions. It is constitutionally offensive for the Biden administration to harass Facebook - and it would be even if Biden were honestly worried about misinformation on social media, rather than distracting attention from his administration's unclean hands.

On that note, with the delta variant driving a surge of infections (overwhelmingly among the unvaccinated), Democratic-run Los Angeles County has just reimposed the mask mandate on its 10 million residents. Concurrently, the chairman of the Democratic-controlled New York City Assembly is proposing to impose an indoor mask mandate even on those who have been vaccinated - and even as the Big Apple struggles to recover, with tourism dying and businesses in peril, especially those that can't hire help because of Democratic policies that pay people not to work.

If the president and Democrats want to understand their vaccine challenge, they might consider stepping away from social media apps and taking a look in the mirror.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Old Joe has since walked his blaming of Facebook, probably after his keepers remind him that they're staunch allies, but has continued demanding that they act as the Democrat's unofficial Information Bureau, censoring all the stuff that the demented duffer disapproves of.
                          Yeah. I pointed out that push to mistrust the vaccines in a thread a while back. The usual suspects came in and kindly X-splained to me that because of the wording they were using, they weren't talking smack about the vaccine, but about the approval process/fda/etc. of the vaccine, and that was entirely different. Once the vaccine came out they would have rallied behind it regardless of who the president was...

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

That is such a strange and perverse characterization of the quotes from the op. Take the first quote from Biden:

Is that a quote casting doubt on the vaccines or on Donald Trump's ability to be truthful about them? I see the latter, not the former.

The same is true of the other quotes you are characterizing as casting doubt on the vaccine. Mostly, they are casting doubt on information given by the Trump administration. They are cautions which demand corroborating remarks from trustworthy organizations, recognizing the Trump administration's capacity to lie about them if it is in their best interests to do so.

This is nothing like the sorts of comments we see from the right about the vaccines, which go after the vaccines themselves, their relative safety and effectiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Yeah. I pointed out that push to mistrust the vaccines in a thread a while back. The usual suspects came in and kindly X-splained to me that because of the wording they were using, they weren't talking smack about the vaccine, but about the approval process/fda/etc. of the vaccine, and that was entirely different. Once the vaccine came out they would have rallied behind it regardless of who the president was...

Got a similar response awhile back when I first brought it up. That it wasn't the science they didn't trust, but rather Trump. But that basically meant that they'd only trust the same science if Trump wasn't president.

I wouldn't be surprised that if some of those know who are the vaccine's biggest proponents now, wouldn't have been right at the forefront of the doubters and skeptics now. From Harris' initial remarks and the explanation, it seems inconceivable that she wouldn't be there issuing dire warnings.

Comment

jen.jpg

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment