Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

As US states allow pot sales, Dutch reverse course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Considering that most pot smoking experiences that I'm aware of consisted of passing around a joint (or pipe) with a great deal of social interaction I can't say that what you describe matches up with what I have seen.
    As an ex pothead I can attest to the same.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      ITT people arguing which form of brain cell annihilation is better.
      Pot and alcohol both rank above reading your posts.

Comment

Alcohol is common enough to be the social drug of choice among strangers. Pot generally needs a higher level of trust (though part of this is certainly due to the fact that it's been illegal for a while.)

Basically, the drug of introductions versus the drug of cliques.

Comment

You obviously have never been to Denver.
          The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
            Alcohol is common enough to be the social drug of choice among strangers. Pot generally needs a higher level of trust (though part of this is certainly due to the fact that it's been illegal for a while.)

Basically, the drug of introductions versus the drug of cliques.
            You can grab a beer and go off and sit by yourself in some corner. The sharing aspect of marijuana (passing around a joint) kind of leads to introductions if you don't know everybody and conversation. The last concert I went to (a few years ago) I saw joints being shared between what were obviously complete strangers. I have to disagree with your assessment.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You can grab a beer and go off and sit by yourself in some corner. The sharing aspect of marijuana (passing around a joint) kind of leads to introductions if you don't know everybody and conversation. The last concert I went to (a few years ago) I saw joints being shared between what were obviously complete strangers. I have to disagree with your assessment.
              When I was a cop, I was working undercover for a parade where our Governor was in town, so I was in the "street crowd" in jeans and a t-shirt. I was amazed at several people who were being generous, offering joints to others in the crowd, including ME! One guy was just absolutely insistent that I accept a couple of joints, cause he was returning to the Air Force the next day, and couldn't take the stuff with him.

I was trying to ignore him, because I wasn't there to arrest dopers, I was there to protect the Governor. He wasn't very clear-minded, continuing to push his weed on others, so I looked at his "astrology" T-shirt and asked, "so, you're a Virgo, huh?" He was confused for a second, then noticed I was looking at his T-shirt, and smiled, and said, "yeah, man, what are you?!" I said, "I'm a LEO --- Law Enforcement Officer", and I motioned for a Uniform to come get him.

Sheeeeeesh! Dopers can be SO generous and thoughtful!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Friendly but exceptionally stupid.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Friendly but exceptionally stupid.
                  I never tried SO HARD NOT to arrest somebody.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It appears that sales of marijuana have not been as high as expected after Colorado legalized it

Source: Not As Many People Buying Recreational Pot As Predicted

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

It appears that sales of marijuana have not been as high as expected after Colorado legalized it
                      Because YOU don't live there?

Comment

Oh dear, the world here hasn't ended after The Pot was legalized.

The pertinent part of your article Rogue is this:

The state expected to approve 110 businesses in the first month but only 59 were approved as of Feb. 1.
                        Considering almost half less business but only 13 percent projection down, other news organizations have interpreted these numbers differently as being above expectations if you take per store sales etc.

A lot of counties have banned recreational stores, they are clustered around Denver.

Also, it is ridiculously easy to get a Medical Marijuana card here, so most people who wanted to smoke before were already buying legally.

sigpic

Comment

I'd rather interview an alcoholic than a pothead. Once they get out of the bathroom, they eventually get to the semi-coherent stage. The potheads just get less coherent. Neither is actually worth interviewing but sometimes you just have to work with what you've got.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I had plenty of contact with both with my college job. The stoners would often carry on deep, fascinating conversations with me. The drunks were just incoherent.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

If BOTH parties are sativa'd, would the conversation be synergistically better?

Comment