Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

One rule for the boys but not for the girls!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Read my definitions.
    I will ask again - At bottom is patriarchy about male dominance - yes or no?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

I will ask again - At bottom is patriarchy about male dominance - yes or no?
      I repeat again, read my definitions.
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

It was a perfectly straightforward question and premised on the definitions I provided.

It's like asking someone to prove that fighting over mates happens in nature, but restricting the definition of fighting over mates to only include firearms and metal knives. Or asking someone to prove that visual sexual attraction happens in nature, but limit that definition to the use of clothing that makes female boobs look larger than normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

It's like asking someone to prove that fighting over mates happens in nature, but restricting the definition of fighting over mates to only include firearms and metal knives. Or asking someone to prove that visual sexual attraction happens in nature, but limit that definition to the use of clothing that makes female boobs look larger than normal.
          I have answered your comments. You have the option to "change the record" or leave the thread. That choice is yours.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

We all know why you won't answer, male dominance is an inherent trait, and whether it presents in patriarchy or not, makes no difference - it is perfectly natural. So again, why do you hate nature so much?
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I have answered your comments. You have the option to "change the record" or leave the thread. That choice is yours.
              No, you never actually answered my comments. In fact, you keep ignoring my comments completely through snip after snip, hence why it keeps being repeated.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

We all know why you won't answer, male dominance is an inherent trait, and whether it presents in patriarchy or not, makes no difference - it is perfectly natural. So again, why do you hate nature so much?
                Well you keep reading the entrails.
                "It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

No, you never actually answered my comments. In fact, you keep ignoring my comments completely through snip after snip, hence why it keeps being repeated.
                  I cited you my original comment to seer.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I cited you my original comment to seer.
                    You never actually addressed my comments.

Perhaps you can re-post what you actually responded that addressed the following comments:

There was a reason why your specific definition was ignored: It's like asking someone to prove that fighting over mates happens in nature, but restricting the definition of fighting over mates to only include firearms and metal knives. Or asking someone to prove that visual sexual attraction happens in nature, but limit that definition to the use of clothing that makes female boobs look larger than normal.

Patriarchy exists, it exists in nature, and if it is natural for humans to do, it will be expressed in the ways that humans develop, organize, and behave. That expression does not have to mimic what happens in the natural (read: non-human) world for it to still be based off of natural behavior.

I kept repeating them, and you never actually addressed them.

Comment

You never actually addressed my comments.

Perhaps you can re-post what you actually responded that addressed the following comments:

There was a reason why your specific definition was ignored: It's like asking someone to prove that fighting over mates happens in nature, but restricting the definition of fighting over mates to only include firearms and metal knives. Or asking someone to prove that visual sexual attraction happens in nature, but limit that definition to the use of clothing that makes female boobs look larger than normal.

Patriarchy exists, it exists in nature, and if it is natural for humans to do, it will be expressed in the ways that humans develop, organize, and behave. That expression does not have to mimic what happens in the natural (read: non-human) world for it to still be based off of natural behavior.

I kept repeating them, and you never actually addressed them.
                      I am not overly interested in replying to comments that reference unrelated incidents.
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I am not overly interested in replying to comments that reference unrelated incidents.
                        Of course, it could be pointed out that
                        • Women were no more subjected to delegated roles than were men.
                        • Many of the restrictions imposed on women resulted from the fact that they were indispensable, whereas men were disposable.
                        • Modern affluent societies make an expanded role for women possible without putting that society's existence at risk
                        • The change of environment did not produce an immediate change in societal attitudes, and still hasn't.

But of course, the realities don't suit the female supremacist narrative.
                        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                        Scripture before Tradition:
                        but that won't prevent others from
                        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

So then you never addressed the comments, like I said. (Plus it shows you really don't understand the points I am making, or you would realize they were not unrelated.)

Comment

Patriarchy as understood within human societies does not exist among anthropoid apes.
                            Patriarchy, as you defined it in the post I responded to, most certainly does exist among other primates and in it's rawest, most brutal form.

Is there a reason you are seeking to redefine patriarchy now? Could it be merely so that you can claim that you weren't mistaken when you proclaimed that patriarchy doesn't exist among our closet relatives?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Q: Do you think it will rain today?

H_A: Read my definitions on what constitutes "rain."

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Of course, it could be pointed out that
                                • Women were no more subjected to delegated roles than were men.
                                • Many of the restrictions imposed on women resulted from the fact that they were indispensable, whereas men were disposable.
                                • Modern affluent societies make an expanded role for women possible without putting that society's existence at risk
                                • The change of environment did not produce an immediate change in societal attitudes, and still hasn't.

But of course, the realities don't suit the female supremacist narrative.
                                The bolded reminds me of the accusation of sexism a few years back because most testing and medical experimentation is done on men. They weren't typically testing to see if something reacted differently with a woman. While that it a significant and legitimate concern it had nothing to do with discriminating against women as the MSM typically reported it as. It was instead due to not wanting to conduct tests on women of child-bearing age due to not wanting to risk undue harm to them. Unlike the men, these women were seen as to valuable to put at risk.

Comment