Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Nearly all COVID deaths in US are now among unvaccinated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Backup View Post
    I’ve never understood the motivations of the vaccine deniers.

It seems even the most selfish person would want to avoid getting sick.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...6e7354f5d5e187
    Actual vaccine deniers will tell you that all vaccines don't work. That vaccines are a fraud that can only make you sick.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Actual vaccine deniers will tell you that all vaccines don't work. That vaccines are a fraud that can only make you sick.
      Indeed. Being wary of an experimental vaccine that was rushed to market and has a disproportionately high rate of reported negative outcomes does not make one a "vaccine denier".
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Indeed. Being wary of an experimental vaccine that was rushed to market and has a disproportionately high rate of reported negative outcomes does not make one a "vaccine denier".
        A "denier" is a lazy catch-all label that some people on the Left like to use. It is rarely applicable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

A "denier" is a lazy catch-all label that some people on the Left like to use. It is rarely applicable.
          In any case I think calling someone like Jenny McCarthy a denier would be largely accurate.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by eider View Post
            Same here, in the UK.

The Delta variant of Covid is now really raging, all over the UK, and the infections graph is climbing high once again.
            But hospital admissions and deaths are being kept low....... and the unvaccinated are at risk.
            This must be causing many vaccine deniers to think again.....
            To think again, one must have thought the first time.

Comment

"Denier," "racist," "conspiracy theorist" -- The new set of debate-winning cards for Leftards. Mostly replacing the older "sexist," "bigot" and "homophobe."
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Sorry if you don’t like the terminology.

Would your prefer anti-vaxxer?

Comment

In any case I think calling someone like Jenny McCarthy a denier would be largely accurate.
                  While people like her tend to go to extremes, I'm not wholly unsympathetic. My two boys developed life-threatening allergies in their early childhood, one to fish, one to peanut, and it just so happens that childhood vaccines do use fish and peanut oils in their ingredients. My wife became suspicious of the connection because their allergies disappeared virtually overnight right around the time they were due for boosters. She asked our doctor about it, and he avoided the question, but she was tenacious and demanded an answer. Finally, he reluctantly said that yes, there could be a connection and then added something to the effect of, "But you didn't hear that from me."

So while I'm not opposed to vaccines in general, I do think many in the medical field have been conditioned to keep the general public in the dark about the actual safety and effectiveness of these medications.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It is raging here in my region as well. This is where I live

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...r#Why-Missouri

But, as usual, it does not address those who have had it and should have natural immunity. No mention at all. This is my huge question that never gets a satisfactory answer.
                    I'm sure they will say when they know, but science takes time.

Comment

Yep. Folks like the liberal Robert F. Kennedy Jr., now those are vaccine deniers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Backup View Post

Sorry if you don’t like the terminology.

Would your prefer anti-vaxxer?
                        Except that's not an accurate label either, as it implies they are against vaccines in general. When in reality most are simply wary of a new vaccine technology that was pushed through quickly, which has shown unknown side effects appearing later that weren't caught in the first trials.

And likely also a wariness in trusting people like Biden and Kamala who were expressing similar wariness and reluctance, up until they got elected and then magically it switched up and now they want everyone to have it (including those with natural immunity who don't need it and may in fact be harmed by it).

'anti-vaxxer' is not remotely an accurate term.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Except that's not an accurate label either, as it implies they are against vaccines in general. When in reality most are simply wary of a new vaccine technology that was pushed through quickly, which has shown unknown side effects appearing later that weren't caught in the first trials.

And likely also a wariness in trusting people like Biden and Kamala who were expressing similar wariness and reluctance, up until they got elected and then magically it switched up and now they want everyone to have it (including those with natural immunity who don't need it and may in fact be harmed by it).

'anti-vaxxer' is not remotely an accurate term.
                          He also applies the label to people who already had covid and should have natural immunity. I believe that covers both of us and several others on here.

Comment

He also applies the label to people who already had covid and should have natural immunity. I believe that covers both of us and several others on here.
                            Do both of you think the CDC is lying when they say people that have had COVID should be vaccinated?

Did you practice social distancing and wear a mask? Seems so many people who didn’t caught the virus.

Comment

And likely also a wariness in trusting people like Biden and Kamala who were expressing similar wariness and reluctance, up until they got elected and then magically it switched up and now they want everyone to have
                              Link?

I assume you a referring to when Harris said she wouldn’t trust the vaccine if Trump said it was fine, but the scientists didn’t.

Comment

Yep. Folks like the liberal Robert F. Kennedy Jr., now those are vaccine deniers.
                                Kennedy is a conspiracy theorist and vaccine denier. He was into it before the Trump cultist took it up.

His occupation on his Wikipedia page calls him a “
                                • Anti-vaccine activist
                                • conspiracy theorist
                                • author
                                • environmental lawyer

Comment