Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is there a cure for homophobia? Introducing Lovelace......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I find it curious when people appeal to the behavior of animals to justify perversity in human society, because there are a lot of things that animals do that we would regard as horrifying if practiced by humans.
    I don't worry too much about animals........ humans can horrify me all by themselves, sometimes.

Could I ask, please, what do you see as perverse about LGBT folks, and why?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

My last dog ate his own poop and regularly licked his own privates.
      Our dachshunds eat each other's poop and lick each others behinds. And they're both girls!!
      Eider (pictured in my avatar) eats the duck's poop!!

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        It seems sad that someone you view as your best friend would have to keep an important part of their lives to themselves. It makes me wonder how good a friend you've really been to them that they feel they have to segment a part of their life off and keep it away from you.
        I guess so......... my friends, both gays and straights would tell me everything about their dates and loves. But intimate sexual details ...... maybe not.

Comment

Reminds me of a similar story a couple of years ago in my own country. Thomas the goose had 18 years in a gay relationship in the wild with Henry the black swan, then helped raise 68 of Henry's children in a 3-way relationship over the following 6 year period when a female black swan turned up. Apparently goose-swan relationships occur with reasonable frequency and heterosexual matings of them can produce offspring called 'swoose'.

_100037372_27459819_1542792615838539_4944494306981366624_n.jpg

Studies have found that gay swans are hugely common with up to a quarter of swan pairings being male-male, and that such pairings very commonly obtain eggs either by stealing from another nest or temporarily attracting a female and then driving her away, and that male-male pairings are massively more successful at raising the chicks than heterosexual pairings (80% chick survival vs 30% survival rate) due to the more powerful males being able to defend better nesting sites and share the workload more equally between them.

I was also intrigued to learn recently that in some bird species, such as Cassowaries, it is 100% the male who sits on the eggs and then raises the young, with no females present in the lives of the chicks. Another example of nature not conforming to our ideas of traditional gender roles. Of course, the most extreme example I'm aware of, is Clownfish who literally change sex throughout their lives (In Finding Nemo, when the mother clownfish died, the father clownfish should actually have changed sex in response... of course, can you imagine the tantrum conservatives would thrown if a popular kids movie had exposed kids to a basic fact about nature such as clownfish changing sex?).
          Amazing! Thank you so much for that brilliant example! I've never heard of these geese, or gay swans, etc....... I'm going to 'google' that up for more info. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

People are on here comparing homosexuals with animals, and he gets offended by some mild comment I made. Very weird character.
            That's cool........ I don't know how that got started...... I think most of us understood your first post.
            It can happen differently, though......
            Many years ago I used to deliver posh motor yachts to a marina on the Thames. My crew-man was reliable and trustworthy and we got to know each other really well. Can you imagine my surprise when he told me that in his late teens he had survived as a rent boy in Soho, London. He was popular, went to parties held by celebrities and wealthy folks. There was a gay Lord who owned a motor museum and race track in Southern England who liked this guy so much that he let him drive various ancient cars around the track. Another rich (and gay) person asked him to deliver a fine yacht from Ramsgate to a French port which sadly got knocked down by a carrier in the English channel separation zone...... not my crew mate's fault, by the way! As well known celebrities died he would tell me 'I knew him well', or whatever.

My wife grew up in a racist, homophobic, sexist home and at first she showed a few of these prejudices to me. This bloke, the crew man, he changed her outlook on humanity forever! I bet you can understand that........ He has died....... dust in the wind, as I will be one day, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

OK...... a nutshell job..... Homophobia: An extreme or irrational fear or dislike of same-sex love or lovers.
              .........and 'objecting to LGBT people' means exactly that....... can that expression be simplified?

So........ how was that?
              That's fine.

Some people believe that anyone who accepts the NT position on homosexuality and related topics is "homophobic" and "object(s) to LGBT people."
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

It seems sad that someone you view as your best friend would have to keep an important part of their lives to themselves. It makes me wonder how good a friend you've really been to them that they feel they have to segment a part of their life off and keep it away from you.
                I've known my best friend since High School and thinking back I don't think we've ever talked about his sexual relations with his wife. I guess we weren't as good a friends as I thought

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I don't worry too much about animals........ humans can horrify me all by themselves, sometimes.

Could I ask, please, what do you see as perverse about LGBT folks, and why?
                  If you "don't worry too much about animals", then why are you appealing to the behavior of animals to defend homosexuality? Animals regularly kill each other, so are you going to start defending murder as acceptable behavior in humans?

As for the perversity of homosexuality, God has declared it so, which is the first and last word on the matter as far as I'm concerned. If you prefer a secular explanation, males and females are physically compatible in a way that two males and two females clearly are not, so from a purely scientific perspective, homosexuality is contrary to the natural order.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

If you "don't worry too much about animals", then why are you appealing to the behavior of animals to defend homosexuality? Animals regularly kill each other, so are you going to start defending murder as acceptable behavior in humans?

As for the perversity of homosexuality, God has declared it so, which is the first and last word on the matter as far as I'm concerned. If you prefer a secular explanation, males and females are physically compatible in a way that two males and two females clearly are not, so from a purely scientific perspective, homosexuality is contrary to the natural order.
                    A male lion typically kills any cubs fathered by any lion outside its pride. Some monkeys do the same thing whenever they become the leader, slaughtering the babies of the previous leader. That would certainly make our elections interesting

There are also a good number of animals that practice siblicide, with the young killing off brothers and sisters, and even with some species, eating them (cannibalism). And parents of some species also are known for eating some of their young.

Simply saying that something is natural among some animals is hardly a good rationale for humans copying a behavior.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Our dachshunds eat each other's poop and lick each others behinds. And they're both girls!!
                      Eider (pictured in my avatar) eats the duck's poop!!
                      Therefore, it is perfectly normal for people to eat their own poop!

Comment

And apparently lick each other's behinds.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

That's fine.

Some people believe that anyone who accepts the NT position on homosexuality and related topics is "homophobic" and "object(s) to LGBT people."
                          The NT position?......... you mean Paul's position, I think.
                          And.... Yes, absolutely.

I may have met a Christian who accepts the NT position wholeheartedly, but just now I can't think of one of them. How about:-
                          Mark:{10:23} And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! {10:24} And the disciples were
                          astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God! {10:25} It is
                          easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Hypocrisy, much?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            I've known my best friend since High School and thinking back I don't think we've ever talked about his sexual relations with his wife. I guess we weren't as good a friends as I thought
                            Fair enough.
                            I can't think of anybody whom I have described my intimate affairs with my wife to. Not one.
                            But as already shown, when friends have wanted to talk to me I have listened.

Comment

As for the perversity of homosexuality, God has declared it so, which is the first and last word on the matter as far as I'm concerned.
                              Where did you get that from?

If you prefer a secular explanation, males and females are physically compatible in a way that two males and two females clearly are not, so from a purely scientific perspective, homosexuality is contrary to the natural order.
                              We've already established what 'the natural order' is........... Animals can show LGBT characteristics.

Comment

If they could survive upon it, I guess it would be an idea.
                                Dogs and many other animals eat poop because it still has some value as a food.

A more difficult scenario which my wife often sees is dogs that have eaten stones, and continue to do so even after expensive and damaging operations to. Many die because of this.
                                Please don't eat lumps of rock, should the fancy take you.

Comment