Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberals want to blame rightwing 'misinformation' for our problems. Get real

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    The mass market paperbacks are stacked two deep. I've purged a fair amount of fiction (keeping only those which I thought I might read again), and I've pretty much stopped buying more.

I have a bunch of ebooks too, but I much prefer reading from the printed page.
    When I moved my mother in with me after her cancer was deemed untreatable, I literally moved several large garbage bags full of romance novels (she especially liked Nora Roberts) into my basement. They survived the flood because they were stacked up on a futon.

After my mother passed I sold a bunch to a used bookstore and donated the rest to the library. At the same time I got rid of nearly all my paperback fiction (I kept the few hardbacks and a couple series like Herbert's Dune and Asimov's Foundation).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Seems someone left when told they couldn't play the "Smarter than Thou Reference Game"

Comment