Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden says minorities aren't smart enough to go online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    simply not true.
    Absolutely true. Let's go to the source:

"Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point."
    -Joe "The Racist" Biden

And now we have him claiming that many minorities in rural and urban communities (which encompasses pretty much all minorities) aren't able to sign up to receive the China flu vaccine because they don't know how to use the internet.

Sure sounds like ol' Joe doesn't have a very high opinion of anybody with dark skin.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
      You're lying, Ox, simple as that. He clearly invokes race -- he specifically said "black" and "Hispanic." You're lying because it conflicts with your obsession about racism and white supremacy. It's the double standard of double standards. At least you recognize how hypocritical it is and so you're forced to lie about it. Just own it -- the man has flaws and be a man about it.
      He specifically said "Black" and "Hispanic" because that was what the question was about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

He specifically said "Black" and "Hispanic" because that was what the question was about.
        And he gave the correct answer in his first statement about minorities not trusting the vaccine for pretty legit reasons. But to say there is a disproportionate disparity of getting information online between whites and others races is false. I'm sure his staff would have fact-checked that had that been scripted beforehand. He made that statement about specific races that wasn't factual because he believes they're inferior in knowledge, and that's based on not just this incident, but his history.

Comment

And he gave the correct answer in his first statement about minorities not trusting the vaccine for pretty legit reasons. But to say there is a disproportionate disparity of getting information online between whites and others races is false. I'm sure his staff would have fact-checked that had that been scripted beforehand. He made that statement about specific races that wasn't factual because he believes they're inferior in knowledge, and that's based on not just this incident, but his history.
          CP was kind enough to provide a link that shows that 15 percent of Black adults and 14 percent of Hispanic adults never use the internet, as compared to 8 percent of whites. That could be considered a disadvantage when people are registering online.

Comment

CP was kind enough to provide a link that shows that 15 percent of Black adults and 14 percent of Hispanic adults never use the internet, as compared to 8 percent of whites. That could be considered a disadvantage when people are registering online.

Not going online (for whatever reason) is a different situation than saying folks don't know how. I'm sure there are a lot of older minorities as there are whites that don't go online because it's just not their thing, but you and I both know that's not what Biden meant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

"Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point."
              -Joe "The Racist" Biden

And now we have him claiming that many minorities in rural and urban communities (which encompasses pretty much all minorities) aren't able to sign up to receive the China flu vaccine because they don't know how to use the internet.

Sure sounds like ol' Joe doesn't have a very high opinion of anybody with dark skin.
              The source for my comments in this thread are relatvie to the video in the OP.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

-Joe "The Racist" Biden

Remember, years ago, when Howard Cosell, announcing a game, used the term "little monkey" with reference to a player on the field, and got slammed for it?
                He had actually used that term 4 different times, both of white and black players, and frequently referred to his grandchildren as "little monkeys".

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Not going online (for whatever reason) is a different situation than saying folks don't know how. I'm sure there are a lot of older minorities as there are whites that don't go online because it's just not their thing, but you and I both know that's not what Biden meant.
                  Going back to that same link, "A 2013 Pew Research Center survey found some key reasons that some people do not use the internet. A third of non-internet users (34%) did not go online because they had no interest in doing so or did not think the internet was relevant to their lives. Another 32% of non-users said the internet was too difficult to use, including 8% of this group who said they were “too old to learn.” Cost was also a barrier for some adults who were offline – 19% cited the expense of internet service or owning a computer."

Comment

The source for my comments in this thread are relatvie to the video in the OP.
                    There were a couple of topics being discussed here. In the one case, you were attempting to rationalize Racist Joe's racist objections to school desegregation by arguing that there were many valid reasons for objecting, which may be true, but Racist Joe's racist reasoning was that he didn't want his own children to be thrown into a "racial jungle".

In the second case, Racist Joe's racist reasoning for why blacks and Hispanics aren't signing up for the China flu vaccine is because they don't know how to use the internet.

Look, man, do yourself a favor and just say, "Yeah, Racist Joe says racist stuff," and walk away. You're not doing yourself any favors trying to defend this.

Comment

Going back to that same link, "A 2013 Pew Research Center survey found some key reasons that some people do not use the internet. A third of non-internet users (34%) did not go online because they had no interest in doing so or did not think the internet was relevant to their lives. Another 32% of non-users said the internet was too difficult to use, including 8% of this group who said they were “too old to learn.” Cost was also a barrier for some adults who were offline – 19% cited the expense of internet service or owning a computer."
                      My mom used to hate the internet and complained it was too difficult, even though she went online to check her emails and get general information nonetheless, and she had me to help her out when she ran into complications. It's not a thing the older generation typically is enthusiastic about. 19% citing expense is significant because that suggests they clearly don't have access (assuming they have no children with smartphones around). But now we're really just splitting hairs. That isn't what Biden meant, you know it and I know it. Based on his pattern of racist statements in the past, he honestly believes minorities are just dumber.

Comment

There were a couple of topics being discussed here. In the one case, you were attempting to rationalize Racist Joe's racist objections to school desegregation by arguing that there were many valid reasons for objecting, which may be true, but Racist Joe's racist reasoning was that he didn't want his own children to be thrown into a "racial jungle".
                        No, I was just reminiscing about busing with rogue cause I experienced it too and noting it had a lot of problems that could make a person be ahainst it W/O necessarily being racist while also acknowledging there were likely not too many other options.

I am not trying to enter a debate wrt bidens position in the past on busing. I AM participating in the debate over whether biden's comments in the op indicate racism.

In the second case, Racist Joe's racist reasoning for why blacks and Hispanics aren't signing up for the China flu vaccine is because they don't know how to use the internet.
                        Your disparaging appellations make any sort of objective discussion impossible and unless you don't use them ill not be discussing this further with you.

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Your disparaging appellations make any sort of objective discussion impossible and unless you don't use them ill not be discussing this further with you.
                          Do you honestly not realize you've been doing that very thing for pretty much the entire past year?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My mom used to hate the internet and complained it was too difficult, even though she went online to check her emails and get general information nonetheless, and she had me to help her out when she ran into complications. It's not a thing the older generation typically is enthusiastic about. 19% citing expense is significant because that suggests they clearly don't have access (assuming they have no children with smartphones around). But now we're really just splitting hairs. That isn't what Biden meant, you know it and I know it. Based on his pattern of racist statements in the past, he honestly believes minorities are just dumber.
                            There is nothing in the video in the OP that justifies interpreting his words that way. When I read thebOP and then listened to the clip, my reaction was 'this is absurd, it's obvious what he means, and racism is not even remotely a factor'

I am curious though how it is wrong for a democrat to be concerned about about racism when clear racist terminology rooted in the past is used, but its ok for partisans on the right to be so hyper sensitive about racism they can find racism in statements that have no known racist connection by inventing false correlations and accusations at will?

There is nothing in what is said in the video that even indirectly implies minorities are less savvy than others.

Should we do a word for word grammatical, syntactic and semantic analysis, or can you just admit you are wrong and we can move on?

Comment

There is nothing in the video in the OP that justifies interpreting his words that way. When I read thebOP and then listened to the clip, my reaction was 'this is absurd, it's obvious what he means, and racism is not even remotely a factor'

I am curious though how it is wrong for a democrat to be concerned about about racism when clear racist terminology rooted in the past is used, but its ok for partisans on the right to be so hyper sensitive about racism they can find racism in statements that have no known racist connection by inventing false correlations and accusations at will?

There is nothing in what is said in the video that even indirectly implies minorities are less savvy than others.

Should we do a word for word grammatical, syntactic and semantic analysis, or can you just admit you are wrong and we can move on?
                              It's difficult for me to watch the video because it just sounds like a bunch of mumbling and jumbled words strung together in a incoherent mess. I read the transcript. He was right about minorities not trusting vaccines because of the atrocities committed on minorities in the past in the name of medical science. He was cool up to that point. And you have that partisan thing totally backwards. Leftists, especially you, incessantly harp on racism and white supremacy and politicize it to a point it becomes disgusting, obsessively fantasizing about it or inventing and fabricating racist scenarios that aren't at all racist or have anything to do with white supremacy, yet you just totally ignore or handwave actual incidents of obvious racism, like Biden's history. The contrast is so absurd and the hypocrisy so obvious that I just can't help but marvel at it.

Comment

I am not trying to enter a debate wrt bidens position in the past on busing. I AM participating in the debate over whether biden's comments in the op indicate racism.
                                What's there to debate? What Racist Joe said was definitely racist. He does it a lot, you know, and there's no shame admitting it. I'm not sure why you're trying so hard to defend his remarks, but it doesn't reflect well on you.

Walk away, man. Just walk away.

Comment