Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Handsy Joe cancels Keystone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughtful Monk
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I haven't heard anything about any "apparent end of Covid" and as to increasing due to the "usual summer increase," the last time I looked we just barely passed the first month of Winter with two more months to go before Spring (which lasts another three months before we finally reach Summer).
    Sorry...I had my daily burst of optimism. I think the appearance of the vaccine has made people and businesses think better days are almost here. Hence they can start raising prices.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yes'm - when my former company awarded me with my genuine leather winter jacket, I thought -- "O YAY!!!! I can wear it for the TWO DAYS we get in Texas where it's cold enough to wear it!"
    Actually, several years later when my wife and I were standing watching boats go through the Erie Canal, and the temperature was at 19 degrees F and winds of 40+ mph, I genuinely appreciated that jacket!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Big difference in temps between where we live.
    Yes'm - when my former company awarded me with my genuine leather winter jacket, I thought -- "O YAY!!!! I can wear it for the TWO DAYS we get in Texas where it's cold enough to wear it!"

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied

Benchmark - we have an $11.00 monthly minimum on our gas bill to heat our home and to enjoy our fireplace. During the summer, we rarely exceed the minimum. I think our highest gas bill for the past 4 years has been $31.

We'll see how that goes as market forces come to bear.
    Big difference in temps between where we live.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Got my natural gas bill for the last month this morning. My actual usage charge is $55 for the last month.

On top of that is a Carbon Tax of $25, an increase as of January 01 of .57/gigajoule as compared to the same time last year. Another increase is expected in 2022.

That means Trudeau's little penalty for Canadians having to heat their homes in our winter is costing this household almost 50% of the monthly gas charge.
    Benchmark - we have an $11.00 monthly minimum on our gas bill to heat our home and to enjoy our fireplace. During the summer, we rarely exceed the minimum. I think our highest gas bill for the past 4 years has been $31.

We'll see how that goes as market forces come to bear.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Got my natural gas bill for the last month this morning. My actual usage charge is $55 for the last month.

On top of that is a Carbon Tax of $25, an increase as of January 01 of .57/gigajoule as compared to the same time last year. Another increase is expected in 2022.

That means Trudeau's little penalty for Canadians having to heat their homes in our winter is costing this household almost 50% of the monthly gas charge.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    I haven't heard anything about any "apparent end of Covid"...
    Fauci the Fraud is out there saying that we have finally reached the plateau. And just after China Joe was inaugurated, too (but surely that's a coincidence).

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

I've been thinking about gas prices. The current hike I more attribute to the apparent end of Covid and more people traveling. Gas prices will continue to raise due to a combination of the usual summer increase and new regulation and restrictions on supply. In 2019 during the summer, I was paying about $2.69 a gallon and in 2020 summer, I was paying about $2.15 a gallon. I predict the reappearance of $3.00 a gallon gas by summer 2022. Since a lot of the economy depends on transport from point A to point B, a lot of prices are going up. The global warmers in the Biden administration are going to say: "Good."
    I haven't heard anything about any "apparent end of Covid" and as to increasing due to the "usual summer increase," the last time I looked we just barely passed the first month of Winter with two more months to go before Spring (which lasts another three months before we finally reach Summer).

Leave a comment:

• Thoughtful Monk
    replied
    They shot up. A week or so ago it was in the $1.90s now it's around $2.25 and up
    I've been thinking about gas prices. The current hike I more attribute to the apparent end of Covid and more people traveling. Gas prices will continue to raise due to a combination of the usual summer increase and new regulation and restrictions on supply. In 2019 during the summer, I was paying about $2.69 a gallon and in 2020 summer, I was paying about $2.15 a gallon. I predict the reappearance of $3.00 a gallon gas by summer 2022. Since a lot of the economy depends on transport from point A to point B, a lot of prices are going up. The global warmers in the Biden administration are going to say: "Good."

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    141215578_3657046277667129_957706344669052161_o.jpg

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Not sure why you're calling him Cornpop, but I'm guessing you mean Biden. I don't believe he's running the show at all. And I don't think the libs give a flying flip about anything but consolidating and hanging onto power.
    Wasn't Corn Pop the name of the guy who Biden claims, that back when he was a life guard at a pool (and letting young children rub the hair on his legs), supposedly threatened him with a rusty razor that even Biden's friends from that time laugh and say didn't happen?

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    They aren't "tar sands", you moron! And you just shut down 2000 jobs! You keep getting your oil from the Middle East, then, where human rights are virtually non-existent! You are SO stupid that you don't know that Alberta oil is the cleanest environmentally on the planet! But you keep listening to the other liars who lie about the OIL SANDS!

And our jackass PM is only "disappointed"? After he said yesterday and today that he would talk to Joe about it and make Joe see the light? Trudeau and Biden are both liars!

https://globalnews.ca/news/7588853/b...s-keystone-xl/

Hours after he was sworn into office, U.S. President Joe Biden has signed an executive order to revoke the permit that would allow the Keystone XL pipeline expansion project to continue.

The project which was previously approved by TC Energy would see the 1,930-kilometre pipeline transport up to 830,000 barrels of oil a day from Alberta to Nebraska.

The project was expected to cost US$8 billion.

The expansion was green-lit by former U.S. president Donald Trump in January of last year.

However, Biden had long promised to rescind the presidential permit in keeping with his campaign promise to shift the U.S. from fossil fuels and towards clean energy.

Speaking to CNBC last year, Biden said the pipeline “is tar sands that we don’t need — that in fact (are a) very, very high pollutant.”

Biden said claims that shutting down the Keystone pipeline would do undue damage to the oil industry are “just not rational,” adding that the arguments do not make any environmental or economic sense.

In a statement Wednesday evening, Trudeau said the move was disappointing.

“”While we welcome the President’s commitment to fight climate change, we are disappointed but acknowledge the President’s decision to fulfill his election campaign promise on Keystone XL,” he said.

Trudeau said he spoke with Biden about the project last November, adding that Canada’s Ambassador to the U.S., Kirsten Hillman and others “made the case to high-level officials in the incoming administration.”

Edit to add: If you bring Trump up in this thread you will be asked to leave.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

I just went and filled up my truck with gas - you know where those prices are going.
    They shot up. A week or so ago it was in the $1.90s now it's around $2.25 and up

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

And the Republican party, by all appearances, seems content to go right along with them.
    No argument there!

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    I don't think the libs give a flying flip about anything but consolidating and hanging onto power.
    And the Republican party, by all appearances, seems content to go right along with them.

Leave a comment: