Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Handsy Joe cancels Keystone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Incidentally, that also applies to things you might like or enjoy.
    Which, of course, is why the Bible instructs us to think on whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I'll buy that.
    Incidentally, that also applies to things you might like or enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

I think it's more "You become what you fixate on." Hating something is not a problem in and of itself. Even Christians are fond of the saying, "Hate the sin, love the sinner." It's when you start to dwell on the thing you hate and let it become your focus to the exclusion of all else that it becomes destructive.
    I'll buy that.

Leave a comment:

• Thoughtful Monk
    replied

Did they simply not pay attention during the campaign? Because both Joe and Harris stated openly that they planned to destroy the oil and gas industries in the United States. I mean, they didn't even try to wrap it up in pretty rhetoric, just straight up said, essentially, "This is what we plan to do."
    I call this the "Mein Kampf" principal. Hitler put into the book exactly what he was going to do and no one believed it until he really did it.

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied

Did they simply not pay attention during the campaign? Because both Joe and Harris stated openly that they planned to destroy the oil and gas industries in the United States. I mean, they didn't even try to wrap it up in pretty rhetoric, just straight up said, essentially, "This is what we plan to do."
    More likely they got their news from the various MSM sources outthere who spent the entire election "factchecking" and assuring everyone that it simply wasnt true and that Biden was not going to end fracking, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Like there was any doubt that TDS blinded folks and caused them to become unhinged
    I was just reading Matthew 12 where the Pharisees brought the blind and mute man to Jesus - possessed of a demon - and Jesus healed him.
    Reminds me of what the 'prince of the power of the air' does to people, and what Paul says about being blinded so they can't see the Glorious Light of the Gospel....

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

I have often heard it said "you become what you hate" -- which is often cited in cases where there is an abusive father who is abusive because he hated his abusive father..... the "cycle of violence".
    I think it's more "You become what you fixate on." Hating something is not a problem in and of itself. Even Christians are fond of the saying, "Hate the sin, love the sinner." It's when you start to dwell on the thing you hate and let it become your focus to the exclusion of all else that it becomes destructive.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Hatred for Trump even "Trumps" one's beliefs regarding abortion, same sex marriage, religious liberty, free speech.....

MOST of the people I deal with during the week are democrats / liberals --- often, at breakfast, I'll just start the conversation "What do you think about abortion ....." and go through the list.
    The VAST MAJORITY are with me on the issues a Christian would consider important..... but then....

what you said!
    Like there was any doubt that TDS blinded folks and caused them to become unhinged

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

In other words, they became everything they falsely accused Trump's supporters of being.
    I have often heard it said "you become what you hate" -- which is often cited in cases where there is an abusive father who is abusive because he hated his abusive father..... the "cycle of violence".

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

They were blinded by their hatred of Trump. It's that simple. Nobody could be worse for the country than TRUMP!!!! It is amazing how this hatred for one man can cause a person to lose total rational thought and reason.
    In other words, they became everything they falsely accused Trump's supporters of being.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    B-but, but TRUMP!!1!!smiley fist shake.gif
    Hatred for Trump even "Trumps" one's beliefs regarding abortion, same sex marriage, religious liberty, free speech.....

MOST of the people I deal with during the week are democrats / liberals --- often, at breakfast, I'll just start the conversation "What do you think about abortion ....." and go through the list.
    The VAST MAJORITY are with me on the issues a Christian would consider important..... but then....

what you said!

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

They were blinded by their hatred of Trump. It's that simple. Nobody could be worse for the country than TRUMP!!!! It is amazing how this hatred for one man can cause a person to lose total rational thought and reason.
    B-but, but TRUMP!!1!!smiley fist shake.gif

Don't you see, we have to destroy the country in order to save it from him

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    The natural gas compression company for whom I worked had a lot of contractors who were "blue collar Democrats" who are absolutely stunned that Biden would do such a thing, because they voted for him.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Like many in Pennsylvania who are stunned that Biden appears to be targeting fracking after he assured them he wouldn't.
    Hopefully, two years isn't long enough for these people to forget how they were stabbed in the back.

Leave a comment: