Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Handsy Joe cancels Keystone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

And....

A) Identify a potential problem
    2) Exaggerate it beyond all capability for individuals to solve
    C) Propose a federal response requiring whole new branches of government, unelected officials, salaries, mega money....
    D) Never actually solve the problem, citing the need for more money and more money...
    5) Announce the problem is getting worse, needs MORE money, more agencies....

And, somehow, friends, supporters, companies owned by friends and supporters get filthy rich 'fighting the problem'.
    You mean like Pelosi, who's husband bought 25 call options on shares in Elon Musk's electric-vehicle company, investing a million dollars not long before Biden announced that all federal vehicles would be transitioned to electric automobiles? When questioned about possible improprieties (i.e., insider trading), a Pelosi spokesman brushed it off saying that her husband, not the speaker, made the Tesla investments and the speaker’s political relationships were irrelevant.

This is big news in financial news circles but is receiving the expected yawn in the MSM.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Sounds like the Climate Change fanatics:

"Hotter than average? That's Climate Change."
    "Colder than average? That's Climate Change."
    "Normal weather? That's Climate Change taking a short break."
    And....

A) Identify a potential problem
    2) Exaggerate it beyond all capability for individuals to solve
    C) Propose a federal response requiring whole new branches of government, unelected officials, salaries, mega money....
    D) Never actually solve the problem, citing the need for more money and more money...
    5) Announce the problem is getting worse, needs MORE money, more agencies....

And, somehow, friends, supporters, companies owned by friends and supporters get filthy rich 'fighting the problem'.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Another "win/win" prophecy by the great Faucini --- if it gets worse - "see, I told you so", if it doesn't "yeah, we worked hard and prevented a horrible tragedy".
    Sounds like the Climate Change fanatics:

"Hotter than average? That's Climate Change."
    "Colder than average? That's Climate Change."
    "Normal weather? That's Climate Change taking a short break."

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Another "win/win" prophecy by the great Faucini --- if it gets worse - "see, I told you so", if it doesn't "yeah, we worked hard and prevented a horrible tragedy".

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Fauci the Fraud is out there saying that we have finally reached the plateau. And just after China Joe was inaugurated, too (but surely that's a coincidence).
    He has now changed his mind Fauci warns COVID-19 situation 'potentially could get worse' given new variants

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    What does a guy who either inherited or married a mega-rich widow know or care about that?
    The he should NEVER try to use Hunt's Ketchup on his burger?

(I had typed 'weenie', but thought better of it )

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

Problems: that requires a lot of retraining. Also I don't know if making solar panel will absorb all the people losing the jobs in the oil industry. I have my doubts.

I'll bet the solar panel manufacturing doesn't take place down the road from oil fields. That means a lot of relocating and devastated economy in the areas left behind. Since a lot of solar panel manufacturing takes place overseas, that makes the relocate even harder.

Just another example of a government elitist who switches jobs with ease and thinks everyone can do that.
    What does a guy who either inherited or married a mega-rich widow know or care about that?

Leave a comment:

• Thoughtful Monk
    replied
    John Kerry when recently asked what he wants to say to all those in the oil industry who will soon be unemployed thanks to China Joe's policies said that they can get new jobs making solar panels. Crenshaw lit him up on Twitter:

crenshaw.JPG
    https://twitter.com/DanCrenshawTX/st...olar-panels%2F
    Problems: that requires a lot of retraining. Also I don't know if making solar panel will absorb all the people losing the jobs in the oil industry. I have my doubts.

I'll bet the solar panel manufacturing doesn't take place down the road from oil fields. That means a lot of relocating and devastated economy in the areas left behind. Since a lot of solar panel manufacturing takes place overseas, that makes the relocate even harder.

Just another example of a government elitist who switches jobs with ease and thinks everyone can do that.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    John Kerry when recently asked what he wants to say to all those in the oil industry who will soon be unemployed thanks to China Joe's policies said that they can get new jobs making solar panels. Crenshaw lit him up on Twitter:

crenshaw.JPG
    https://twitter.com/DanCrenshawTX/st...olar-panels%2F

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Governor of Washington Jay Inslee is claiming that China Joe destroying the job market is a good thing because it prevents kids from getting stuck in dead end jobs that won't be around in the future.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021...ist-in-future/
    Many of them are well paying jobs and even the lower end ones can pull communities out of poverty. More than one small town of mostly Native American inhabitants, which suffers from high levels of unemployment even in good economic times, could have greatly benefited.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Governor of Washington Jay Inslee is claiming that China Joe destroying the job market is a good thing because it prevents kids from getting stuck in dead end jobs that won't be around in the future.

wow.... perhaps HIS job needs to go away.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    So I can actually become bacon?
    Rouge in a blanket - fry him like bacon!

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Incidentally, that also applies to things you might like or enjoy.
    So I can actually become bacon?

Leave a comment: