Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Arnold is a Buffoon ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    m

You distort and mock his words just like you do mine.

I'm proud to be in his company.
    No, there's a difference, Ox. I don't consider you a phony.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post

I still remember when Arnie wanted to enact legislation against Violent Video Games back when he was a Governor of California. After recalling his Filmography, I laughed for a good long while.

Personally, I'm still baffled that people even treat Hollywood-types as anything more than clueless degens who get overpaid to play make-believe. Sure, there's exceptions, but still... not the kind of folks anyone should treat as role models
      Yes, I think we can add "hypocrite" to his other attributes. Along with his long history of sexual harassment (six women I believe?), slurs against homosexuals ("girlie men"), and after marrying into the Kennedy family for access to financial and political security, he got caught diddling the maid and fathering kids with her.

The guy is pure slime.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

It's not slander. It's what you said:

Here's the exact exchange:

You dismissed my comment about attempted murder about "cheap points about your petty annoyances".
        And I have explained that I was speaking of the entire thrust of your post(s) focusing on your disagreements with the Democrats over how the protests were handled in a time when a republican president has committed sedition and invoked an insurrection. I have also made clear that 'petty' applies to the relative pettiness of your obsession with those disagreements when compared to the seriousness of sedition.

So stop lying about what I meant. I have never, and will never, call concern about such an actual violent event 'petty'.

You've been called out for your minimization of violence. I'm sorry you don't like it, but the evidence backs it up. All you've done now is try to back-pedal because you got called out.

I will keep calling you out because you are just as much a part of the problem as the "cult people" you spin conspiracy theories about.
        I have never minimized the violence this summer, and I did not minimize it in the post you quote. What I have done is disagree with you and others on OTHER issues related to those protests, and you and others have taken those disagreements as opportunities to SLANDER my character by making false accusations about me wrt my positions on violence.

The dishonest and malicious nature of the personal attacks here by people like you grows almost every week. You, godwanaland especially wrt your replies to me, but also rogue, sparko so many others. I've been guilty of it too on occasion. Can't we move away from that? We all seem unable to disagree with anyone without also directly slandering their character in the process.
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-11-2021, 07:56 AM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

its such an absurd complaint it doesn't deserve comment.

But clearly If you can't rebut, try to smear the man. You guys have hitched your wagon to a traitor and are so full of yourselves you are willing to bury yourselves along with him rather than admit you screwed up big time.

So be it.

As for Arnold - he has more integrity in his little finger than either of you will ever have.
          Leetle Fingah you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

It's not slander. It's what you said:

Here's the exact exchange:

You dismissed my comment about attempted murder about "cheap points about your petty annoyances".

You've been called out for your minimization of violence. I'm sorry you don't like it, but the evidence backs it up. All you've done now is try to back-pedal because you got called out.

I will keep calling you out because you are just as much a part of the problem as the "cult people" you spin conspiracy theories about.
            Don't forget actual murder - in Minneapolis they burned down a building with a person inside who died of smoke inhalation and thermal damage (i.e. burned alive). Just another 'petty annoyance'.

Comment

And I have explained that I was speaking of the entire thrust of your post(s) focusing on your disagreements with the Democrats over how the protests were handled in a time when a republican president has committed sedition. I have also made clear that petty applies to the pettiness of your obsession with those disagreements when compared to the seriousness of sedition.

So stop lying about what I meant. I have never, and will never, call concern about such an actual violent event 'petty'.

I have never minimized the violence this summer, and I did not minimize it in the post you quote. What I have done is disagree with you and others on OTHER issues related to those protests, and you and others have taken those disagreements as opportunities to SLANDER my character by making false accusations about me wrt my positions on violence.

The dishonest and malicious nature of the personal attacks here by people like you grows almost every week. You, godwanaland, rogue, sparke so many others. You seem unable to disagree with anyone without also directly slandering their character in the process.
              Oh, so what you are saying is this:

Attempted murder isn't petty. Complaining about people ignoring, downplaying, excusing, justifying attempted murder is petty.
              That's much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Don't forget actual murder - in Minneapolis they burned down a building with a person inside who died of smoke inhalation and thermal damage (i.e. burned alive). Just another 'petty annoyance'.
                Well, it's petty to think we shouldn't ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Precisely.

Schwarzenegger is the summit of phoniness. Anyone who adds a musical soundtrack to his speech, while sitting in a mock governor's office, and pretends he's 20 years older than he really is, is a joke of unmatching magnitude. From your link:

"I philosophized that only a few men are born to lead, while the rest of humanity is born to follow, and went from that into discussing history's great conquerors and dictators," Schwarzenegger writes in his book. "I admired Hitler's speaking ability, though not what he did with it."

He's trying to capitalize on his accent to attract some attention - that's all. I guess people aren't paying enough attention to him lately, now that he's too old to make movies and no one wants him in politics.
                  Wrt Arnold's comment - you are actually committing slander. That comment does not make Arnold a supporter of Hitler any more than it makes the countless historians that have made note of Hitler's unusually stong skills in that area supporters of Hitler. Nor does it call into question the sincerity of his comment.. Hitler was an eceptional orator, which has been well documented and is in fact part of his success in deluding the German people. Any public speaker could wish for such skill without supporting the man himself.

As for the presentation of his comment. You'd rather I suppose it be a poorly produced amateur video that loses its audience after the first sentence? The man is a top tier film actor and very successful governor. He's not going to put out a public statement on such a critical matter for long term consumption that is not reasonably well produced.

Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-11-2021, 08:13 AM.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Are there any rules against slander here? If so, will they be enforced on behalf off those 'management' does not like or agree with?
                    Fortunately for you, we don't moderate slander unless it falls under two categories:

1) Unsubstantiated Accusations of Lying
                    2) Unsubstantiated Accusations of Moral Turpitude (like saying another Twebber is a Pedophile)
                    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Wrt Arnold's comment - you are actually committing slander. That comment does not make Arnold a supporter of Hitler any more than it makes the countless historians that have made note of Hitler's unusually stong skills in that area supporters of Hitler. Nor does it call into question the sincerity of his comment.. Hitler was an eceptional orator, which has been well documented and is in fact part of his success in deluding the German people. Any public speaker could wish for such skill without supporting the man himself.

As for the presentation of his comment. You'd rather I suppose it be a poorly produced amateur video that loses its audience after the first sentence? The man is a top tier film actor and very successful governor. He's not going to put out a public statement on such a critical matter for long term consumption that is not reasonably well produced.
                      Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      Of course, folks like Ox will downplay it,
                      Hypocritical phonies are just too easy.

Comment

Wrt Arnold's comment - you are actually committing slander.
                        Not in the least. Go check that definition again.

That comment does not make Arnold a supporter of Hitler any more than it makes the countless historians that have made note of Hitler's unusually stong skills in that area supporters of Hitler. Nor does it call into question the sincerity of his comment.. Hitler was an eceptional orator, which has been well documented and is in fact part of his success in deluding the German people. Any public speaker could wish for such skill without supporting the man himself.

Arnold is a washed-up actor, a washed-up politician, and an incredible phony who is trying to recapture the spotlight after ruining his reputation many times over. The fact you attach any sort of moral righteousness to him indicates you haven't been paying much attention to the man's history.

Comment

Not in the least. Go check that definition again.

Arnold is a washed-up actor, a washed-up politician, and an incredible phony who is trying to recapture the spotlight after ruining his reputation many times over. The fact you attach any sort of moral righteousness to him indicates you haven't been paying much attention to the man's history.
                          Actually, odds are that if he's attaching righteousnouss to him it's not because of anything other than him siding with him.

Comment

Yes, I think we can add "hypocrite" to his other attributes. Along with his long history of sexual harassment (six women I believe?), slurs against homosexuals ("girlie men"), and after marrying into the Kennedy family for access to financial and political security, he got caught diddling the maid and fathering kids with her.

The guy is pure slime.
                            Interesting that you think Arnold is slime for his sexual transgressions and slurs against homosexuals, while your side thinks comparable behavior by Trump is A-OK.

Comment

He's trying to capitalize on his accent to attract some attention - that's all.
                              Even his accent is phony. He's admitted that he can speak unaccented English but considers the accent his "trademark" and says it's what his fans want to hear, so he turns it on for the cameras.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Wrt Arnold's comment - you are actually committing slander. That comment does not make Arnold a supporter of Hitler any more than it makes the countless historians that have made note of Hitler's unusually stong skills in that area supporters of Hitler.
                                I don't suppose you realize there is a significant difference between stating it as a plain fact that Hitler had strong speaking skills versus saying that one admires him for it.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment