Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Arnold is a Buffoon ...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Arnold is a Buffoon ...

    Because the thread author of the other Arnold thread just wants to offer videos without commentary, he suggested I take my comments elsewhere.

    Arnold Swarzenegger was born in 1947, but he remembers WWlI and Kristallnacht well. He can also give us firsthand accounts of WWI, the Napoleonic wars and the Renaissance. After all, he was born in Europe.

    And there is a Hollywood score playing behind his words, in case the viewer/listener is susceptible to emotional musical refrains to be more susceptible to the baloney being dished out.

    The alien autopsy film was more credible than this junk.

  • #2
    Schwarzenegger admits to admiring Hitler’s speaking skills in new memoir

    Of course, folks like Ox will downplay it, but we know their reaction if this was a high profile Trump supporter. It's to the point where the blatant double standard of everything they stand for and preach is so sickening and repulsive that I don't take anything they say they stand for seriously or credible.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by seanD View Post
      Schwarzenegger admits to admiring Hitler’s speaking skills in new memoir

      Of course, folks like Ox will downplay it, but we know their reaction if this was a high profile Trump supporter. It's to the point where the blatant double standard of everything they stand for and preach is so sickening and repulsive that I don't take anything they say they stand for seriously or credible.
      its such an absurd complaint it doesn't deserve comment.

      But clearly If you can't rebut, try to smear the man. You guys have hitched your wagon to a traitor and are so full of yourselves you are willing to bury yourselves along with him rather than admit you screwed up big time.

      So be it.

      As for Arnold - he has more integrity in his little finger than either of you will ever have.
      He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

      "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        Because the thread author of the other Arnold thread just wants to offer videos without commentary, he suggested I take my comments elsewhere.

        Arnold Swarzenegger was born in 1947, but he remembers WWlI and Kristallnacht well. He can also give us firsthand accounts of WWI, the Napoleonic wars and the Renaissance. After all, he was born in Europe.

        And there is a Hollywood score playing behind his words, in case the viewer/listener is susceptible to emotional musical refrains to be more susceptible to the baloney being dished out.

        The alien autopsy film was more credible than this junk.
        m

        You distort and mock his words just like you do mine.

        I'm proud to be in his company.
        He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

        "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

          its such an absurd complaint it doesn't deserve comment.

          But clearly If you can't rebut, try to smear the man. You guys have hitched your wagon to a traitor and are so full of yourselves you are willing to bury yourselves along with him rather than admit you screwed up big time.

          So be it.

          As for Arnold - he has more integrity in his little finger than either of you will ever have.
          Thing is, you now have to resort to lies when you know full well what I think about Trump. That your reaction would be nothing short of phony outrage by this if Arnold was in anyway associated with Trump is simply the truth.
          "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by seanD View Post

            Thing is, you now have to resort to lies when you know full well what I think about Trump. That your reaction would be nothing short of phony outrage by this if Arnold was in anyway associated with Trump is simply the truth.
            Remember who you are talking to. Attemptrd murder, petty annoyances

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              Because the thread author of the other Arnold thread just wants to offer videos without commentary, he suggested I take my comments elsewhere.

              Arnold Swarzenegger was born in 1947, but he remembers WWlI and Kristallnacht well. He can also give us firsthand accounts of WWI, the Napoleonic wars and the Renaissance. After all, he was born in Europe.

              And there is a Hollywood score playing behind his words, in case the viewer/listener is susceptible to emotional musical refrains to be more susceptible to the baloney being dished out.

              The alien autopsy film was more credible than this junk.
              I still remember when Arnie wanted to enact legislation against Violent Video Games back when he was a Governor of California. After recalling his Filmography, I laughed for a good long while.

              Personally, I'm still baffled that people even treat Hollywood-types as anything more than clueless degens who get overpaid to play make-believe. Sure, there's exceptions, but still... not the kind of folks anyone should treat as role models
              Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

              Proud Anti-Fascist. Even Prouder Anti-Communist. You've been Warned.

              Comment


              • #8


                I do not think anyone who has watched a full speech given by Hitler would deny his skills as an orator. That does not condone the content of his speeches but his ability to work the crowd was quite remarkable.

                It was all pure theatre of course but therein lay its power.

                "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" Attrib. Seneca 4 BCE - 65 CE

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                  Because the thread author of the other Arnold thread just wants to offer videos without commentary, he suggested I take my comments elsewhere.

                  Arnold Swarzenegger was born in 1947, but he remembers WWlI and Kristallnacht well. He can also give us firsthand accounts of WWI, the Napoleonic wars and the Renaissance. After all, he was born in Europe.

                  And there is a Hollywood score playing behind his words, in case the viewer/listener is susceptible to emotional musical refrains to be more susceptible to the baloney being dished out.

                  The alien autopsy film was more credible than this junk.
                  Arnold did a fine job and I took it as shared family memories of the Night of Glass and WWII, in part through the lived experience of his own family and that of others. Regardless, his point is made.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by seanD View Post

                    Thing is, you now have to resort to lies when you know full well what I think about Trump. That your reaction would be nothing short of phony outrage by this if Arnold was in anyway associated with Trump is simply the truth.
                    I dont have a clue what you think of Trump himself. But I do know you are irrational and full of hate for anything or anyone not supporting political policies you support, and that you have been in support of nearly every immoral action Trump has taken. In any discussion you and I have been involved in.

                    As for lying- I don't lie in my posts here. i never have and likely never will. So ANY accusation that I have lied ever made by any person here on this site is - in fact - false. And if the person making it knows that, they are the ones lying, not me.
                    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

                    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

                      Remember who you are talking to. Attemptrd murder, petty annoyances
                      Are there any rules against slander here? If so, will they be enforced on behalf off those 'management' does not like or agree with?
                      He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

                      "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                        [/B]

                        I do not think anyone who has watched a full speech given by Hitler would deny his skills as an orator. That does not condone the content of his speeches but his ability to work the crowd was quite remarkable.

                        It was all pure theatre of course but therein lay its power.
                        That would be the obvious connection.
                        He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

                        "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

                          Are there any rules against slander here? If so, will they be enforced on behalf off those 'management' does not like or agree with?
                          It's not slander. It's what you said:

                          Here's the exact exchange:
                          Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

                          I give the same level of full-throated condemnation I saw when government buildings were stormed and burnt, and seditious "autonomous zones" were set up in Seattle and Portland. I'm giving the same level of full-throated condemnation you gave during this summer's acts of political violence. When protestors tried to burn a police station down with cops still inside of it, when molotov cocktails were thrown at cop cars with cops still inside.
                          Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

                          No - you don't. But trying to equate the two events, you diminish the seriousness of what Trump has done, and you try to attack those that were in fact attacked by what Trump did.

                          They are two completely different things. This is not the time to try to make cheap points about you petty annoyances with the Democrats. We have a President who tried to sieze power that needs to be dealt with, and a population of synchophants whose loyalty he can invoke at any time before and after his departure from the white house to do his bidding, even if it means something like a violent assault on the Captitol - or the White House itself after Biden is in it.

                          You dismissed my comment about attempted murder about "cheap points about your petty annoyances".

                          You've been called out for your minimization of violence. I'm sorry you don't like it, but the evidence backs it up. All you've done now is try to back-pedal because you got called out.

                          I will keep calling you out because you are just as much a part of the problem as the "cult people" you spin conspiracy theories about.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by thormas View Post

                            Arnold did a fine job and I took it as shared family memories of the Night of Glass and WWII, in part through the lived experience of his own family and that of others. Regardless, his point is made.
                            If he thinks a few tossed offices is in any way similar to ""Jewish homes, hospitals and schools were ransacked as attackers demolished buildings with sledgehammers. Rioters destroyed 267 synagogues throughout Germany, Austria and the Sudetenland. Over 7,000 Jewish businesses were damaged or destroyed, and 30,000 Jewish men were arrested and incarcerated in concentration camps. Early reports estimated that 91 Jews had been murdered", then he is a bigger anti-Semitic idiot than I suspected.
                            That's what
                            - She

                            Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

                            I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            Stephen R. Donaldson

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by seanD View Post
                              Schwarzenegger admits to admiring Hitler’s speaking skills in new memoir

                              Of course, folks like Ox will downplay it, but we know their reaction if this was a high profile Trump supporter. It's to the point where the blatant double standard of everything they stand for and preach is so sickening and repulsive that I don't take anything they say they stand for seriously or credible.
                              Precisely.

                              Schwarzenegger is the summit of phoniness. Anyone who adds a musical soundtrack to his speech, while sitting in a mock governor's office, and pretends he's 20 years older than he really is, is a joke of unmatching magnitude. From your link:

                              "I philosophized that only a few men are born to lead, while the rest of humanity is born to follow, and went from that into discussing history's great conquerors and dictators," Schwarzenegger writes in his book. "I admired Hitler's speaking ability, though not what he did with it."


                              He's trying to capitalize on his accent to attract some attention - that's all. I guess people aren't paying enough attention to him lately, now that he's too old to make movies and no one wants him in politics.

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Ronson, Today, 09:17 AM
                              18 responses
                              77 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Ronson
                              by Ronson
                               
                              Started by Mountain Man, Yesterday, 10:00 AM
                              20 responses
                              135 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Mountain Man  
                              Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 06:45 AM
                              75 responses
                              439 views
                              2 likes
                              Last Post EvoUK
                              by EvoUK
                               
                              Started by Cow Poke, 01-21-2021, 03:35 PM
                              45 responses
                              298 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Cow Poke  
                              Started by Ronson, 01-21-2021, 09:45 AM
                              34 responses
                              185 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Ronson
                              by Ronson
                               
                              Working...
                              X