Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sexualisation of very young girls - US style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Yes.
    Is there an allowance in scripture to insult or not?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    Is this a minor issue?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

Yes, I do see the use, just not the allowance.

I consider Christ's words as wholly accurate in his descriptions, so not insults.

The point being descriptive wording is not an insult.

Can we call some snakes and vipers and blind today? Sure.

Certainly, calling a woman a "lady" can be insulting to certain mindsets in the world. Again, not an insult.
    That's an interesting interpretation, but it can't account for instances like Elijah mocking the prophets of Baal, or Paul telling busy bodies in the church that if they're so fixated on ritual purity then they should go all the way and castrate themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

I'm not worried about anyone insulting you, what do I care? And I'm not worried about what anyone thinks can or cannot be done.

Just show me the scripture and you can stiffle me, Edith. I know you want to do that.
    Theological disagreements over minor issues happen between believers all the time. It's not a big deal.
    Is this a minor issue?

One states "Again, there is no allowance in scripture to insult. So it's not a biblical issue, it's not a church issue,"

The other states "Actually, there is. If you read how the prophets, apostles, and even Jesus himself dealt with their ideological opponents, they often used sarcasm and insults."

Is there an allowance in scripture to insult or not?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    I await with interest any ensuing theological discussion between two believers who disagree with one another.
    Theological disagreements over minor issues happen between believers all the time. It's not a big deal.

Leave a comment:

• Maranatha
    replied
    I await with interest any ensuing theological discussion between two believers who disagree with one another.
    I'm not worried about anyone insulting you, what do I care? And I'm not worried about what anyone thinks can or cannot be done.

Just show me the scripture and you can stiffle me, Edith. I know you want to do that.

Leave a comment:

• Maranatha
    replied
    Actually, there is. If you read how the prophets, apostles, and even Jesus himself dealt with their ideological opponents, they often used sarcasm and insults.
    Yes, I do see the use, just not the allowance.

I consider Christ's words as wholly accurate in his descriptions, so not insults.

The point being descriptive wording is not an insult.

Can we call some snakes and vipers and blind today? Sure.

Certainly, calling a woman a "lady" can be insulting to certain mindsets in the world. Again, not an insult.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

You are confused.

Again, there is no allowance in scripture to insult. So it's not a biblical issue, it's not a church issue, it is sinners doing what sinners do. No need for any church to gather round and wring their hands over sensitive female sensibilities.

There is no "misogyny" here, little lady, just terms of endearment.
    Actually, there is. If you read how the prophets, apostles, and even Jesus himself dealt with their ideological opponents, they often used sarcasm and insults.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied
    Your post reminds me of the old joke about a man preparing a speech who writes in the margin, "Weak point. Yell louder and gesture emphatically."
    It's a valid question if others in your church community think as you do, why not get a campaign started?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    ...there is no allowance in scripture to insult.

Leave a comment:

• Maranatha
    replied

Ah you missed the literary connection. You did not addresss my question about your comments though.

I refer to your misogynistic comments about me and then your defence of those comments by a reference to your scripture which implied that that you deemed your remarks to likewise be scripture. That struck me as a rather arrogant presumption your part.
    You are confused.

Again, there is no allowance in scripture to insult. So it's not a biblical issue, it's not a church issue, it is sinners doing what sinners do. No need for any church to gather round and wring their hands over sensitive female sensibilities.

There is no "misogyny" here, little lady, just terms of endearment.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

You are welcome to find it in scripture little lady, if you can. I'll wait here.
    Ah you missed the literary connection. You did not addresss my question about your comments though.

I refer to your misogynistic comments about me and then your defence of those comments by a reference to your scripture which implied that that you deemed your remarks to likewise be scripture. That struck me as a rather arrogant presumption your part.

Leave a comment:

• Maranatha
    replied
    Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
    Not interested in childish nickames for or attacks on other forum members.
    Liberals prefer to call conservatives "racist" and all kinds of names.

​​​​​​She is a funny one though, she thinks she hides her pompousness.

Leave a comment:

• Maranatha
    replied
    No it is your opinion, nothing more.

Is that a riddle? Here's another, why is a raven like a writing desk?

Excuse me? Are we to infer from that remark that you consider your comments posted to these boards to be scripture? Is that not rather arrogant?

This is all sounding rather presumptuous so if I were you I would be cautious in what you write.
    You are welcome to find it in scripture little lady, if you can. I'll wait here.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

Is your church involved in any campaigns to ban these "disgusting" events in your country? If not, perhaps you should get it involved.
    Your post reminds me of the old joke about a man preparing a speech who writes in the margin, "Weak point. Yell louder and gesture emphatically."

Leave a comment: