Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

First Presidential Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thormas View Post

I do agree with you on the trumpster's failings and on the failure of the evangelical church. How have they missed his lies, misogyny, racism, bullying, more lies, affairs...............but I bet they liked his church photo op in DC. Good times except for the good people, including the many Christians on the ground (literally).
    Those things you described about Trump are bad. I agree. Those things also describe Biden's behavior, and they're bad too. Now where do we go from here?

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Yeah, it says I care and am not willing to accept what Trump has done to the country and the compronises the evangelical church has made to support him.

May God forgive you - you really have no idea what you are doing.
      You say you're not judging, but the fact that you feel the need to ask for God's forgiveness on my behalf says that you have condemned me in your heart. You are a liar and a hypocrite.

But you go on thinking you're doing your best...

Scripture Verse: James 4

Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        You say you're not judging, but the fact that you feel the need to ask for God's forgiveness on my behalf says that you have condemned me in your heart. You are a liar and a hypocrite.

Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

It has nothing to do with judgement or condemnation from me. It says that you clueless wrt the consequences of your words and actions as they relate to this virus and Donald Trump and will need to be forgiven for the harm they have and will cause to others and yourself.
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-05-2020, 06:17 PM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

Those things you described about Trump are bad. I agree. Those things also describe Biden's behavior, and they're bad too. Now where do we go from here?
          Biden is not a bully, if any lies or stretching the truth probably about 22,000 less that the trumpster, most doubt the hugging of women was misogyny and certainly not in the same category as the orange woman repellant in the WH and no affairs. So where do we go.............Biden.

The trumpster's problem, well among his many problems, is that no one really believes his lies about Biden. Biden is a actual good guy, salt of the earth, religious man who has faced tragedy and lived through it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Let's ease up guys.

Comment

Biden is not a bully, if any lies or stretching the truth probably about 22,000 less that the trumpster, most doubt the hugging of women was misogyny and certainly not in the same category as the orange woman repellant in the WH and no affairs. So where do we go.............Biden.

The trumpster's problem, well among his many problems, is that no one really believes his lies about Biden. Biden is a actual good guy, salt of the earth, religious man who has faced tragedy and lived through it.
              Well see, there you go. Biden has rape accusations leveled at him just like Trump. Biden is just as much a racist if not more (because he has a history of supporting policies against blacks in his political career) and he as just as much a misogynist, if not more, because he's on photos and videos actually groping females. This is why I'll never take political and religious phonies like you and Ox seriously. You look for ways to justify Biden's behavior so you can support him by trying to downplay his behavior. Unlike you and Ox, I readily admit Trump is a narcissist ass and at times an idiot and probably even a history of corrupt and shady dealings like most elites.
              Last edited by seanD; 10-05-2020, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Well see, there you go. Biden has rape accusations leveled at him just like Trump. Biden is just as much a racist if not more (because he has a history of supporting policies against blacks in his political career) and he as just as much a misogynist, if not more, because he's on photos and videos actually groping females. This is why I'll never take political phonies like you and Ox seriously. You look for ways to justify Biden's behavior so you can support him by trying to downplay his behavior. Unlike you and Ox, I readily admit Trump is a narcissist ass and at times an idiot and probably even a history of corrupt and shady dealings like most elites.
                Actually I forgot there were actual accusations. But did Biden move to silence them or buy them off or did he state he did not do that without silencing the women, calling them ugly or stating publicly he would not give someone the time of day? That is also bullying? There is a difference. Biden is different.

Biden is not a racist and we must also allow that people can grow and change: Biden has and is acknowledged as a good man by the larger black community. The trumpeter not so much.........at all.

Groping???? Hugging...........perhaps, still not grabbing pu__y.

I have not downplayed Biden. I state that he is the much better of the available choices and a much better man in any comparison.

I fully admit what you have said about the trumpster :+} Thanks you for your contribution.

Oops, there is that Christianity at work leveling accusations at all who do not accept your view of reality.

Comment

Actually I forgot there were actual accusations. But did Biden move to silence them or buy them off or did he state he did not do that without silencing the women, calling them ugly or stating publicly he would not give someone the time of day? That is also bullying? There is a difference. Biden is different.

Biden is not a racist and we must also allow that people can grow and change: Biden has and is acknowledged as a good man by the larger black community. The trumpeter not so much.........at all.

Groping???? Hugging...........perhaps, still not grabbing pu__y.

I have not downplayed Biden. I state that he is the much better of the available choices and a much better man in any comparison.

I fully admit what you have said about the trumpster :+} Thanks you for your contribution.

Oops, there is that Christianity at work leveling accusations at all who do not accept your view of reality.

Trying to justify Biden's behavior because you feel guilty supporting him makes you a hypocritical phony, thormas. Granted, you're not as bad as the self-righteous jackass that is Ox, but you're still a phony. Not that you should even care, but I don't take disingenuous phonies like you seriously.
                  Last edited by seanD; 10-05-2020, 06:53 PM.

Comment

It says that you clueless wrt the consequences of your words and actions...
                    Scripture Verse: Job 15:6

Your own mouth condemns you, and not I; your own lips testify against you.

Comment

Trying to justify Biden's behavior because you feel guilty supporting him makes you a hypocritical phony, thormas. Granted, you're not as bad as the self-righteous jackass that is Ox, but you're still a phony. Not that you should even care, but I don't take disingenuous phonies like you seriously.
                      Are you a bit daffy? All these accusations?

But you really are a bit off, aren't you? Calling people names, making rash judgments..........then huffing and puffing and blowing........... .

Hey, come on, is this Don Jr?

Comment

Yeah, it says I care and am not willing to accept what Trump has done to the country and the compronises the evangelical church has made to support him.

May God forgive you - you really have no idea what you are doing.
                        Do you really think God is on your side?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

Do you really think God is on your side?

Why would you ask such a question? I've never once said anything about God being on my side. That would be completely backwards. Rather, it is we that must be seeking to be on God's side.

The reality is, God is on all our sides in that He has given His Son that we can be changed into His likeness through Christ. But that can only happen to the extent we yield to His will and allow ourselves to be conformed to His image.

Disregarding the well being of those dedicated to protecting you so as to feed ones ego and self worship is not acting in accordance with who God is or who Christ revealed Him to be.

And neither is defending such actions.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Disregarding the well being of those dedicated to protecting you so as to feed ones ego and self worship is not acting in accordance with who God is or who Christ revealed Him to be.

ox, your accusations are false. You keep criticizing the President for his brief drive-by to graciously thank his supporters, but your criticisms are not based on the facts, and when the facts were pointed out to you in the other thread -- that the drive-by had the full approval of the President's medical team, and that the secret service agents in the vehicle wore appropriate protective gear -- you suddenly decided, without a lick of evidence, that the President must have ordered them to do it against their will, or that the President's doctors were incompetent at best and guilty of malpractice at worst. It was nothing but idle speculation on your part, and yet you continue to condemn the President based on your own imaginations instead of the facts. And now you have the gall to lecture about spiritual things?

You are are the very model of self-righteousness and hypocrisy.
                            Last edited by Mountain Man; 10-06-2020, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Why would you ask such a question? I've never once said anything about God being on my side. That would be completely backwards. Rather, it is we that must be seeking to be on God's side.

The reality is, God is on all our sides in that He has given His Son that we can be changed into His likeness through Christ. But that can only happen to the extent we yield to His will and allow ourselves to be conformed to His image.

You appear to think the evangelical church and that poster, and anyone who doesn't revile Trump, as needing God's forgiveness, because they are huge sinners and don't know it.

So naturally, I ask whether you, and those not part of an evangelical church, and those who support biden, like you appear, are more righteous than your fellows?

Your answer is correct, perhaps spot on, God is not on any of our sides, He is on every humans side unto salvation, and we can be on His side, but He sure doesn't approve your politics, just in case you think He does.

So I wonder why you said it to begin with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

You appear to think the evangelical church and that poster, and anyone who doesn't revile Trump, as needing God's forgiveness, because they are huge sinners and don't know it.

So naturally, I ask whether you, and those not part of an evangelical church, and those who support biden, like you appear, are more righteous than your fellows?

Your answer is correct, perhaps spot on, God is not on any of our sides, He is on every humans side unto salvation, and we can be on His side, but He sure doesn't approve your politics, just in case you think He does.

So I wonder why you said it to begin with.
                                Again, I've not said anything about supporting Biden being 'more righteous' than not supporting him. The point I have made is that defending Donald Trump's excess and immorality is inconsistent with following Christ. There is a huge difference between believing the choice between two evil men must be decided one way or another and staunchly defending at every turn the gross immorality of one of those men. My belief is that donald trump is a level of evil orders of magnitude beyond what is found in his democratic alternative, not that one choice is righteous and the other unrighteous. The choice is still between two flawed human beings. And I no more support gross immorality from biden than I do Donald Trump.

However, I would point out that the responses to my words expose no less in those posting than than the accusations they contain towards me.

My purpose is to call those willing to sacrifice their souls on the alter that is Trump away from such self destructive behaviour. Christ is our Lord, and we must in all our words and actions in this life do our very best to reflect who He is into this world. Supporting Trump (or any political leader) when they do explicit and gross evil is the antithesis of the obligation to be ambassadors for Christ in this world.
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-06-2020, 07:20 AM.

Comment