Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

North Carolina Bathroom Bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Non-conforming behavior... you know, the same behaviors that are being used to artificially differentiate biological sex and gender.
    Many trans people and parents of trans people report non-conforming behavior in childhood. When and how exactly do you think these changes take place?

No I am not.

Behaviors, here in this study it is meditation, alter white matter. So it was YOU that is wrong. Neuroplasticity shows the brain is shaped by experiences, which casts major doubt on the brain studies that claim the brain composition causes transgender or homosexual behaviors.
    Bill, you are talking about connectivity. I am talking about the amount of tissue. There's a difference. Neuroplasticity has limitations.

So, just as long as the mental illness doesn't result in harm, it's ok to be mentally ill?
    Of course. That's how medicine works.

It isn't contrast to plastic surgery or BIDD. There's only 2 things that can be added or removed for people who want to change their plumbing.
    You're not disagreeing with me. People with plastic surgery addiction or BIDD have many transitory goals. People with gender dysphoria have one goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      If they are uncontested, then they are accepted as true. derp.
      I agree?

LOL, yeah just keep the blinders on. Hand wave away any inconvenient sources. My points stand, your objections are transparently self-denial.
      I will refer you to Matthew 7:3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
        I read the first two sources. You literally added to the argument. Can you not accept that suicide is higher in the gay and trans population? The first two did a study on the gay and trans population. Factors that contribute to suicide rate include: Drug and Alcohol abuse, Mental illness (which is in fat a bit higher in those that identify as homosexual or transexual) and past trauma.
        I absolutely accept that suicide is higher in the gay and trans population. I asked for proof that post-HRT/SRS transpeople commonly commit suicide out of regret.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
          I absolutely accept that suicide is higher in the gay and trans population. I asked for proof that post-HRT/SRS transpeople commonly commit suicide out of regret.
          Unfortunately, you can't ask them, cause, well... they're dead.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Unfortunately, you can't ask them, cause, well... they're dead.
            That's what medical studies are for.

Comment

I agree?
              you were questioning my sources and calling them "uncontested" - thus the "derp"

sure thing.

Comment

That's what medical studies are for.
                And they have to make all kinds of assumptions, and the ones that are pro-gay will find different results than the ones that are conservative.

In scanning just a few from both sides, it seems that the biggest assumption among the pro-gay crowed is that they - particularly trans-gendered youth - are rejected by their families, and lacking that family structure, they 'go homeless', and this leads to suicide.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

you were questioning my sources and calling them "uncontested" - thus the "derp"

sure thing.
                  I questioned your second two sources. I called your first two sources uncontested.

Comment

I'll refer you to John 3:16.

Comment

I don't believe that is what I said. I said that TG often regret their operations. And I provided a source for that.

Comment

And they have to make all kinds of assumptions, and the ones that are pro-gay will find different results than the ones that are conservative.

In scanning just a few from both sides, it seems that the biggest assumption among the pro-gay crowed is that they - particularly trans-gendered youth - are rejected by their families, and lacking that family structure, they 'go homeless', and this leads to suicide.
                        I think there are enough studies out there that I wouldn't consider those problems assumptions.

Comment

I don't believe that is what I said. I said that TG often regret their operations. And I provided a source for that.
                          That's fine, I wish you'd give some proof of that. You provided two uncontested sources, one source that concerned the standards of a British government agency, and one personal website. I would have been much happier with at least one medical study.

Comment

I think there are enough studies out there that I wouldn't consider those problems assumptions.
                            Do you, now? And those studies would show that these are the only problems?

Comment

Do you, now? And those studies would show that these are the only problems?
                              I don't know about any specific study, but I would agree that there are other problems facing LGBT people than being disowned by their families.

Comment

I don't know about any specific study, but I would agree that there are other problems facing LGBT people than being disowned by their families.
                                I don't think, by any stretch of the imagination, that transgender just "happens".... and I don't think it's fair to assume that a family rejects a member simply because they have gender confusion. Like any other family crisis, it evolves over time, and there are often multiple issues.

Comment