Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Yet *more* evidence for a young creation ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mikeenders View Post

Said nothing there about rounding up. when you state .6 and the fuller decimal is .6535 the .6 IS AN APPROXIMATE of the fuller .6535 (for example)
    LOL! No.

Basic Math for Dummies

To round off decimals:

Find the place value you want (the "rounding digit") and look at the digit just to the right of it.
    If that digit is less than 5, do not change the rounding digit but drop all digits to the right of it.
    If that digit is greater than or equal to five, add one to the rounding digit and drop all digits to the right of it.
    If you need more help

Mikey: the gift that keeps on giving and giving and giving....
    Last edited by HMS_Beagle; 12-11-2015, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
      I regret to inform you that you have perpetrated a megalonisuistic blunder. You've misunderstood what our dinic scybalum is saying. It's only decimals that are potential approximates. If there aren't any decimal places then it's an exact number.

So 2800000 years means exactly 2800000 years, but 2.8 million years could be anything from 2800000 years to 2899999 years, 11 months, 30 days, 23 hours 59 minutes and 59.9 recurring seconds (inclusive).

Roy
      I regret to inform you that your stupidity knows no end. the calculations involve seconds your poor incompetent soul. When you are only talking about years then yes you would only talk about years. When what is talked about and calculated is seconds as well then they cannot be automatically excluded and be exact. HAVE YOU NO COMMON SENSE WHATSOEVER?

You are absolutely totally incompetent and ignorant of basic maths and basic logic.

Try harder. Nothing saves you from your third math blunder in a row.

Comment

I already alerted Jorge and he is going to get a hoot out of you three not understanding the basic maths of Decimals
        I really, really hope he shows up
        Said nothing there about rounding up. when you state .6 and the fuller decimal is .6535 the .6 IS AN APPROXIMATE of the fuller .6535 (for example)
        In Earth mathematics, when you state .6 and the fuller decimal is .6535 the .6 is an indication that you are an American who flunked 5th grade
        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

I regret to inform you that your stupidity knows no end. the calculations involve seconds your poor incompetent soul. When you are only talking about years then yes you would only talk about years. When what is talked about and calculated is seconds as well then they cannot be automatically excluded and be exact. HAVE YOU NO COMMON SENSE WHATSOEVER?

You are absolutely totally incompetent and ignorant of basic maths and basic logic.

Try harder. Nothing saves you from your third math blunder in a row.
          It must be true...

3327900.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
            LOL! No.
            :
            ROFL.... this is s like one comedy after the next

The POOR BLITHERING ignorant soul is not confusing ROUNDING A Number with limited decimal placement

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I guess I threw him off because I earlier mentioned decimals are rounded sometimes

This is rounding you total nitwit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rounding

this is decimal placement

http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0881929.html

NOT THE SAME THE THING

the simple things you have to explain to atheist because they only read talk origins and don't learn maths

Using limited digital places for a longer digital placement is still an approximation even with no rounding

Basic stuff

Your ignorance I must say again has no end. I will need another bag of popcorn. How long will your comedy show be going on?

Comment

BLITHERING
              I've never seen a Creationist flounder and flail so badly rather than admit he doesn't know basic math concepts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                I really, really hope he shows up In Earth mathematics, when you state .6 and the fuller decimal is .6535 the .6 is an indication that you are an American who flunked 5th grade
                No its limiting places you moron. Like your pal you are confusing that with rounding for your FOURTH MATHS BLUNDER. If you read worth a lick its used in relating Pi all the time - places are left off.

Oh no that must scare you since you thought 3.1 was the EXACT number for PI

Comment

No its limiting places you moron. Like your pal you are confusing that with rounding for your FOURTH MATHS BLUNDER. If you read worth a lick its used in relating Pi all the time - places are left off.

Oh no that must scare you since you thought 3.1 was the EXACT number for PI
                  A quick Google search for the term "limited decimal placement" shows a single use by some moron on a place called TheologWeb. No one else in the world seems to have heard about it.

BTW chew-toy, Pi = 3.14159265358979...

No mathematician in the world uses 3.1415, with "decimal places left off", as an approximation value for Pi in calculations. It's rounded to 3.1416 if you're going with four places of precision.

Comment

I've never seen a Creationist flounder and flail so badly rather than admit he doesn't know basic math concepts.

Unfortunately I have seen atheists as ignorant as you are but you ARE getting near to a record.

Comment

Unfortunately I have seen atheists as ignorant as you are but you ARE getting near to a record.
                      Have you regained control of your bowels yet and are ready to address those other independent methods of corroborating radiometric dates I showed you? Or does the mere thought still give you Montezuma's?

Comment

No mathematician in the world uses 3.1415, with "decimal places left off", as an approximation value for Pi in calculations. It's rounded to 3.1416 if you're going with four places of precision.
                        Of course mathematicians don't when they are calculating BECAUSE ITS NOT EXACT you nitwit. Thats exactly the point. ROFL....HAHAHAHAHAH...clueless to the end

longer decimals numbers may be reported in shorter placement form for brevity in articles or ahem tables. That why only 3 morons would say that .6 hours necessarily expresses exactness of 36 minutes (with no seconds or milliseconds)

They are not only broken tools in the toolshed they are so "toolish" they can't grasp why they are tools.

Comment

Of course mathematicians don't when they are calculating BECAUSE ITS NOT EXACT you nitwit. Thats exactly the point. ROFL....HAHAHAHAHAH...clueless to the end

longer decimals numbers may be reported in shorter placement form for brevity in articles or ahem tables. That why only 3 morons would say that .6 hours necessarily expresses exactness of 36 minutes (with no seconds or milliseconds)

They are not only broken tools in the toolshed they are so "toolish" they can't grasp why they are tools.
                          I take it your answer is no, you haven't regained control of your bowels and are still too afraid to address the evidence that independently corroborates radiometric dating. Oh well.

Comment

• Meanwhile you stupid silly people. Whether you look at rounding or its limiting places ITS STILL NOT EXACT

Fall on your heads some more.....ROFL..

Your are all TOTALLY clueless on BASIC maths and only showing it more with each post.

Comment

I take it your answer is no, you haven't regained control of your bowels and are still too afraid to address the evidence that independently corroborates radiometric dating. Oh well.
                              Suggest someone to discuss issues with further. If you people here can't even do basic maths what would be the point? You chose coral clocks first by the way. LOL that was your choice to get into. Not my fault you fell on your head out the gates.

So call someone new competent to the thread and if they past my muster and don't show themselves to be a so totally incompetent as you bunglers are in basic maths then we could proceed. Problem is with your total incompetence you suggesting them would be a severe strike against them anyway.

Comment

Suggest someone to discuss issues with further. If you people here can't even do basic maths what would be the point? You chose coral clocks first by the way. LOL that was your choice to get into. Not my fault you fell on your head out the gates.

So call someone new competent to the thread and if they past my muster and don't show themselves to be a so totally incompetent as you bunglers are in basic maths then we could proceed. Problem is with your total incompetence you suggesting them would be a severe strike against them anyway.
                                Looks like the new is preparing his exit strategy. He can't deal with the evidence so he blusters and declares himself the winner before bailing out. It's nothing that we haven't seen from craven Creationists a thousand times before.

30a9b30f0b25c7501a0e648406a591bc8e77585f98ecf3426b3e4eb1ad51d429.jpg

Comment