Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Yet *more* evidence for a young creation ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JonF View Post
    Too late to add by edit...

We don't get the data by counting the bands in a particular period of time, we count the bands in a particular piece of coral. That's the measurement. Correlating that with time is the interpretation, often involving other measurements such as U-Th disequilibrium. Measurement and interpretation are two different things.

Just to help you out since you've obviously forgotten your claim:

You're welcome.

In what way is counting layers measuring the growth rate today? I'm puzzled.
    The confusion here is growth rate vs growth pattern or behavior. As you point out, counting layers has nothing to do with rate. The growth rate (how much the coral grows per day) could vary wildly then to now with no effect on the result.

But there is an assumption being made, and that is that coral then created daily layers as it does now. Mike is conflating the two and doesn't quite know how to get at what is the issue, but IF he were to clarify and move to 'how do we know coral millions of years ago produced daily layers as it does now", then at least there would be the potential for the discussion to progress.

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
      0.5 hours is exactly 30 minutes.

Originally posted by Roy View Post
      A pity about that "approximately" though.
      Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      I noticed that too. Sounds like he wasn't quite sure .6 hour was 36 minutes so he added 'approximately' in a CYA moment.

Jim

ROFL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Look Ma two blitheringly ignorant math incompetents for the price of one. Hilarious!! my sides will be hurting soon. How could theologyweb collect such a group of nits. Is it just a gathering place for CARM rejects?

LEARN SOME MATHS!!!

.5 and .6 are potential approximates!! and in some cases are even rounded. Here's the kid site that you can BEGIN to learn what that is in broad terms

http://www.helpingwithmath.com/by_su...g_decimals.htm

LOL...... so no you TWO blithering nits if a writer expresses .6 or even .60 that does not mean its EXACT .......only an uneducated nit (in this case two nits) on how decimals are used doesn't understand the form of approximation in decimals would claim that is exact. You would at least need to see more than one or two placements (even then only two fools would conclude exactness).

What
      a pair
      of nitwits

"Matha Martha the comedy clown are at it again. They are arguing that a single decimal placement is an exact figure"
      "Henry I got to admit they are funny. so umm the EXACT measurement of PI is 3.1?"
      "Yes Martha to these clowns it is ....HAHAHAHAHAHA"
      "When will they be the lead actors in Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest based on their own life story?"
      "Theologyweb has not announced a release date yet"

Congratulations you two - while trying to extract both your feet from your mouth you stuck you hand in there too. At his rate don't swallow or you might disappear like your common sense already has!!!

You have FOREVER by your constant math blunders shown yourselves to be utter fools. Nothing you say or do will change that. Make sure you stay on theologyweb on half dead forums because even on a YEC board they would laugh you out the building for your total incompetence.

LOL..still chuckling. Thanks for the comedy!! Its even funnier that it was not intended to be.

THREE MATHS BLUNDER IN A ROW.

BEYOND EPIC FAIL

Unbliblcal Jim you should cover your brain next time.
      Last edited by Mikeenders; 12-11-2015, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikeenders View Post
        ROFL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Look Ma two blitheringly ignorant math incompetents for the price of one. Hilarious!! my sides will be hurting soon. How could theologyweb collect such a group of nits. Is it just a gathering place for CARM rejects?
        I though you were going away? That's twice your ego made you come back to make yourself look even dumber.

LEARN SOME MATHS!!!

.5 and .6 are potential approximates!! and in some cases are even rounded. Here's the kid site that you can learn what that is in broad terms
        Er, no. 0.6 of an hour is exactly 36 minutes by the definition of hour and minute. There is no approximation involved. Approximations only apply to measurements, not mathematically defined values.

You've got Dinning-Kruger to end all Dunning-Kruger.

BEYOND EPIC FAIL
        Yes, you are reaching uncharted territory when it comes to ignorance and stupidity. Not something to be proud of.

Comment

• Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post

Er, no. 0.6 of an hour is exactly 36 minutes by the definition of hour and minute. There is no approximation involved..

ROFL.........NOW THREE NITS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE....its like a comedy yard sale It just keeps getting better!!!!

If a decimal expressed in .6 is actually .653 then it is not exactly 36 minutes you tool

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA You three might be able to get a group discount at a maths class.

P.S. there is no limitation of hours and minutes - YOUR OWN SOURCE mentions seconds go look up what those are. ROFL
          Last edited by Mikeenders; 12-11-2015, 01:34 PM.

Comment

uncharted territory when it comes to ignorance and stupidity. Not something to be proud of.
            IMPOSSIBLE. there is no more uncharted territory for stupidity and ignorance left after you (Now) three have have bought it all up as your own.

Good look with your science calculations with PI being exact 3.1...HAHAHAHAHAHA

What a great way to start weekend. Pure comedy from three of them at once

CALLING JORGE...YOU got to see this whopper of incompetence and the poor Beagle trying hard to defend it, Flopping and merely adding himself to the Math ignorant lot.

You have been proven right. They will try to defend and rationalize their TOTAL ignorance and incompetence by any means possible

But its all for naught. The will never recover from this. THREE STRAIGHT MATH BLUNDERS IN A ROW.

Comment

If a decimal expressed in .6 is actually .653 then it is not exactly 36 minutes
              Except the expression you are making a fool of yourself over "0.6 hours = 36 minutes" is not a measurement. It was a mathematical statement of equivalency. There is no accuracy or precision involved in rounding off to a specific number of decimal places.

You really are going where no Creationist dullard has gone before.

Comment

Except the expression you are making a fool of yourself over "0.6 hours = 36 minutes" is not a measurement. It was a mathematical statement of equivalency.
                They come from calculations you nitwit. Claiming that the basic concept of decimal expression approximateschanges because they are calculation and not measurements only makes you more of a fool

Moah! more comedy! HAHAHAHA

I know you swear you can dig yourself out of this with rhetoric but you can't Your toasted and confirmed as ignorant joining in with your pals on this.

Comment

LEARN SOME MATHS!!!

.5 and .6 are potential approximates!! and in some cases are even rounded. Here's the kid site that you can BEGIN to learn what that is in broad terms

http://www.helpingwithmath.com/by_su...g_decimals.htm

LOL...... so no you TWO blithering nits if a writer expresses .6 or even .60 that does not mean its EXACT .......only an uneducated nit (in this case two nits) on how decimals are used doesn't understand the form of approximation in decimals would claim that is exact. You would at least need to see more than one or two placements (even then only two fools would conclude exactness).

What
                  a pair
                  of nitwits

"Matha Martha the comedy clown are at it again. They are arguing that a single decimal placement is an exact figure"
                  "Henry I got to admit they are funny. so umm the EXACT measurement of PI is 3.1?"
                  "Yes Martha to these clowns it is ....HAHAHAHAHAHA"
                  "When will they be the lead actors in Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest based on their own life story?"
                  "Theologyweb has not announced a release date yet"

Congratulations you two - while trying to extract both your feet from your mouth you stuck you hand in there too. At his rate don't swallow or you might disappear like your common sense already has!!!

You have FOREVER by your constant math blunders shown yourselves to be utter fools. Nothing you say or do will change that. Make sure you stay on theologyweb on half dead forums because even on a YEC board they would laugh you out the building for your total incompetence.

LOL..still chuckling. Thanks for the comedy!! Its even funnier that it was not intended to be.

THREE MATHS BLUNDER IN A ROW.

BEYOND EPIC FAIL

Biblical (fixed if for you) Jim you should cover your brain next time.

Do you even read what you write before you send it out the door? Spelling and other mistakes aside (we all do that to some extent) you were inconsistent with yourself Mike. You specified .5 is 30 w/o qualifying it with approximately. So IF you have a legimate point in the above, they you are the same math nube you are carrying on about here.

But the reality is that .5 hour is 30 minutes, .6 hour is 36 minutes. If you want to specify approximation, then it would be as:

~.6 hour = ~36 minutes and ~.5 hours = ~30 minutes.

Or you could use error bounds if you wanted/ had access to them.

In the end, you are swatting at gnats, JonF and HMS_Beagle are swatting at Camels (translation for those needing it - Mike's gaffs are huge, JonF and HMS_Beagle's tiny or entirely non-existent)

You are not doing yourself any favors Mike. Each word just displays your incompetence to any that are in fact competent. I for one find it difficult to watch someone fry themselves in their own ignorance, but you seem to be entertaining Jon and Beagle a good bit, so ... carry on.

Jim
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-11-2015, 01:40 PM.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

You are not doing yourself any favors Mike. Each word just displays your incompetence to any that are in fact competent. I for one find it difficult to watch someone fry themselves in their own ignorance, but you seem to be entertaining Jon and Beagle a good bit, so ... carry on.

Jim
                    I'm just fascinated by watching Mikey make a total ass of himself in virtually every post day after day after day. The suspense of wondering what his next idiotic claim will be is very addicting.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      Do you even read what you write before you send it out the door. Spelling and other mistakes aside (we all do that to some extent) you were inconsistent with yourself Mike. You specified .5 is 30 w/o qualifying it with approximately. So IF you have a legimate point in the above, they you are the same math nube you are carrying on about here.
                      ROFL...... observe the ignorant soul trying desperately to dig himself out of the hole of blithering incompetence he has dug himself into. TO NO AVAIL!

I have no inconsistency. I never required anyone to use the word exact behind any number in any forum post . I assumed (wrongly) your basic intelligence that we were dealing with limited decimal placements. The only one that then jumped forward in blissful ignorant rhetoric to claim EXACTNESS was you and your comrade in stupidity. so you will have to wear it because you now OWN IT.

Blather on some more . Your VAST ignorance cannot be saved by neither you nor your comrades rhetoric. It only grants me more entertainment. You have demonstrated you are every bit as stupid in Maths as you claim YECs ar stupid in Geology. Meanwhile

You all can have fun with your scientific PI being EXACTLY 3.1 .....the scientific discoveries from that will no doubt be revolutionary.....what a collection of fools. HAHAHAHA
                      Last edited by Mikeenders; 12-11-2015, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I'm just fascinated by watching Mikey make a total ass of himself in virtually every post day after day after day. The suspense of wondering what his next idiotic claim will be is very addicting.
                        Amen to that! I don't think I've ever seen anyone this oblivious to their own incompetence. It's completely lacking in axiopisty. Jorge must be cringing.

I wonder what happens when chew toy goes shopping? All those signs saying e.g. "left-handed yogurt $2.25" must confuse the Bejijnendijk out of him. I can just picture him looking at the sign wondering whether it's an approximation or not, and then not buying it because it might cost $2.25762455381 and he doesn't have any small enough change...

Roy

P.S. Anyone else notice that he thinks the approximation for 0.653 is 0.6, not 0.7?

P.P.S. That was probably another side-splitting world-shattering megablunder.
                        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• I can see our chew-toy taking his slobbering rants to the local elementary school.

"What do you dopes mean by teaching these poor kids that 2+2=4???? Don't you imbeciles know about rounding??? 2+2 = APPROXIMATELY 4. LEARN SOME MATHS!!! Why do Creationist geniuses like me always have to correct you evil scientists and educators???"

get_a_brain_morans.jpg

Comment

P.S. Anyone else notice that he thinks the approximation for 0.653 is 0.6, not 0.7?

P.P.S. That was probably another side-splitting world-shattering megablunder.
                            Ooooh, good catch! I missed that little gem. Mikey really is the gift that keeps on giving.

Comment

Amen to that! I don't think I've ever seen anyone this oblivious to their own incomp
                              etence. It's completely lacking in axiopisty. Jorge must be cringing.
                              I already alerted Jorge and he is going to get a hoot out of you three not understanding the basic maths of Decimals

Anyone else notice that he thinks the approximation for 0.653 is 0.6, not 0.7?
                              ROFL.........HAHHAHAHAHAHAHa...kid is still embarrassing himself. Fabrication will not save you (at this point nothing will)

Said nothing there about rounding up. when you state .6 and the fuller decimal is .6535 the .6 IS AN APPROXIMATE of the fuller .6535 (for example)

The .6 then will NOT be EXACT

Basic maths

and yet you are STILL as dense as they come.

Poor baby don't know what an approximation is either?? NO maths skill and NO english skills? Double whammy

EPIC FAIL ONLY GETS WORSE with the continuing demonstration of your incompetence.
                              Last edited by Mikeenders; 12-11-2015, 02:19 PM.

Comment

"What do you dopes mean by teaching these poor kids that 2+2=4???? Don't you imbeciles know about rounding??? 2+2 = APPROXIMATELY 4. LEARN SOME MATHS!!! Why do Creationist geniuses like me always have to correct you evil scientists and educators???"
                                I regret to inform you that you have perpetrated a megalonisuistic blunder. You've misunderstood what our dinic scybalum is saying. It's only decimals that are potential approximates. If there aren't any decimal places then it's an exact number.

So 2800000 years means exactly 2800000 years, but 2.8 million years could be anything from 2800000 years to 2899999 years, 11 months, 30 days, 23 hours 59 minutes and 59.9 recurring seconds (inclusive).

Roy
                                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment