Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Yet *more* evidence for a young creation ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
    BIG LOL! Mikey pulls a Jorge! Caught in his ignorance and attempts to rewrite history to cover his blunders, just SCREAM LOUDER WITH MORE MORE SPITTLE FLYING the same stupid mistakes you made before. You guys were definitely separated at birth.
    SOrry Poor beagle. the moment has passed. Your comrades second maths blunder has wiped away any weak retort you had to any blunder or slip you claim I made. besides according to Roy you are incompetent since you used minutes to express the equivalence of .6 hours.

Seeing as how your Pal Roy has fallen on hard times of maths and claiming a conspiracy over at NASA to teach kids wrong answers - um when will you be giving an answer to the 3 points that sunk your Coral Clock hypothesis. besides the ahem

Same blithering ignorance, same lame insults, same resort to clowning when can't deal with the scientific data, same lack of basic math and logic skills, same cowardly evasions.

from you. Besides that we have not heard much of a peep. oh and you wanting to change the topic to some other claim because this issue presently being discussed is such an abject failure for your cause.

when will you and Roy stop being such a chew toy to me? probably never. You'll just have to wear it.
    Last edited by Mikeenders; 12-10-2015, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikeenders View Post
      Empty rhetoric and quite the bit of hypocrisy from you the guy that ended any chance of engaging in rational discussion when you claimed to be able to read minds and intent. Then compounded it by earning no respect whatsoever by failing to live up to the standard of the faith you profess to believe in.
      My God Man! Do you have a clue what a whining little baby you are? I've know 2 year olds with thicker skin than you!

Careful glass boy, a breeze might tossle your hair. I can't possibly imagine the size of the outcry over that tradgedy given the number of crocodile tears you've shed over this little incident!

Yeesh.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        My God Man! Do you have a clue what a whining little baby you are? I've know 2 year olds with thicker skin than you!
        Jim
        Who even cares what you think? (while not surprisingly at this point using the name God in vain)

I know nine year old believers with better Christian character than to judge whats in another believers mind and hearts. Of course you are going to make claims against me because I confronted and rebuked your for you sin and you didnlt have the Christian character to admit you were wrong. You could not lecture me about anything to do with maturity or character. leave that to someone with some credibility You lost all credibility with your stunt before. So babble on with your own baby two year old whining and crocodile tears.
        Last edited by Mikeenders; 12-10-2015, 09:10 PM.

Comment

SOrry Poor beagle. the moment has passed. Your comrades second maths blunder has wiped away any weak retort you had to any blunder or slip you claim I made. besides according to Roy you are incompetent since you used minutes to express the equivalence of .6 hours.
          BWAHAHAHA! Gee Mikey, you're a legend in your own mind.

oh and you wanting to change the topic to some other claim because this issue presently being discussed is such an abject failure for your cause.
          Just trying to get back to your original lame-brained claim, remember?

Originally posted by Mikeenders View Post
          There are no consilient lines of evidence that confirm an actual date once we get out of say a million years. without radiometric dating affixing a date the most anything shows is connection and correlation not a given date.
          I don't blame you for running since it must be getting awfully expensive for you to keep washing those brown stains out of your shorts. If only you could find some courage...somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Careful glass boy, a breeze might tossle your hair. I can't possibly imagine the size of the outcry over that tradgedy given the number of crocodile tears you've shed over this little incident!

Yeesh.

Jim
            Let him go on! I haven't seen an embarrassed Creationist melt down this badly in ages!

Comment

Who even cares what you think?

I know nine year old believers with better Christian character than to judge whats in another believers mind and hearts. Of course you are going to make claims against me because I confronted and rebuked your for you sin and you didnlt have the Christian character to admit you were wrong. You could not lecture me about anything to do with maturity or character. leave that to someone with some credibility You lost all credibility with your stunt before. So babble on with your own baby two year old whining and crocodile tears.
              Bawl louder Mikey, louder! Jorge usually resorts to GIANT BOLD ALL CAPS and LOTS OF COLORS when he's really having a first rate hissy fit.

Comment

Let him go on! I haven't seen an embarrassed Creationist melt down this badly in ages!
                we share something in common then. I haven't seen an atheists try so desperately to skirt around a rebuttal to his thesis in some time (not ages because its not quite as unusual for atheists to try and avoid inconvenient truths they don't want to examine). The idea the i am embarrassed at watching your comrade Roy blunder into two basic maths mistakes and you unable to answer my three points against your alleged coral clocks thesis is funny empty rhetoric though - I give you that.

HOWEVER its time to let you stew again and give Roy some room to do the same limbo and contortion to TRY (but to no avail) and save himself........toodles. Maybe drop in Monday or later since I''l be checking out CARM (that rightfully tossed some if not all of you - out on your ears) again.

Comment

Bawl louder Mikey, louder! Jorge usually resorts to GIANT BOLD ALL CAPS and LOTS OF COLORS when he's really having a first rate hissy fit.
                  ROFL.....look whose having a REAL meltdown HAHHAHAHAHA. Lick your wounds at your debunked coral clock claim and watch your blood pressure Beagle boy. see yah
                  Last edited by Mikeenders; 12-10-2015, 09:05 PM.

Comment

we share something in common then. I haven't seen an atheists try so desperately to skirt around a rebuttal to his thesis in some time (not ages because its not quite as unusual for atheists to try and avoid inconvenient truths they don't want to examine). The idea the i am embarrassed at watching your comrade Roy blunder into two basic maths mistakes and you unable to answer my three points against your alleged coral clocks thesis is funny empty rhetoric though - I give you that.
                    LOL! Good one Mikey, keep telling yourself how you beat all those evil evolutionist scientists!

It was a rather interesting strategy you came up with, to keep hitting us in the fist with your face.

60-of-young-male-executives-want-to-punch-their-colleagues-in-the-face.jpg

Comment

no you are a nit .5 hours is roughly 30 minutes.
                      0.5 hours is exactly 30 minutes.
                      .6 hours are minutes (not 30) .4 hours is minutes and so on.
                      Wonderful lack of consistency... and a suspicion that chew toy can't work out that 0.6 hours is equivalent to 36 minutes.

THEY ARE FROM A HIGH SCHOOL EXERCISE! THERE IS NO LINK TO ACTUAL DATA! DO YOU NOT GET IT?"
                      Srcoll down young nit. the data is presented in the answer sheet. lol
                      Chew toy doesn't even know what data is!

P.S. Still no actual mathematics.
                      Last edited by Roy; 12-11-2015, 04:41 AM.
                      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

I think that may be Roy. He is now back with another VAST maths blunder that a fraction of an hour is incompetent to be expressed in minutes...
                        Which is nothing like what I actually said, naturally
                        ... totally oblivious that .5 hours is 30 minutes and .6 hours is approximately 36 minutes
                        Ooh! Looks like chew toy can work out what 0.6 hours is in minutes. A pity about that "approximately" though.
                        Last edited by Roy; 12-11-2015, 04:37 AM.
                        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

so if you count the number of bands in a "particular period of time" that IS a rate and the bands are a product of growth.
                          Boy, wotta maroon.

If you perform the act of counting the number of bands in a particular period of time, say two days, that's the rate at which you are counting the bands.

The correct term is enumeration. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/enumerate:

1. to mention separately as if in counting; name one by one; specify, as in a list:
                          2. to ascertain the number of; count.
                          Note especially number 2. If you can.
                          Last edited by JonF; 12-11-2015, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                            Which is nothing like what I actually said, naturallyOoh! Looks like chew toy can work out what 0.6 hours is in minutes. A pity about that "approximately" though.
                            I noticed that too. Sounds like he wasn't quite sure .6 hour was 36 minutes so he added 'approximately' in a CYA moment.

Jim
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Who even cares what you think? (while not surprisingly at this point using the name God in vain)

In a more serious reply to this post. Mike, you have made something out of nothing. I don't know why - but I honestly have not one clue how you could have taken what I said the way you have. Whatever possible slight could have existed is so small I know I and probably 99% of the people I know would have to read carefully to even recognize there was even the potential that some super sensitive individual cold potentially on a bad day be offended by it. And so it is hard to take seriously your 'call to repentence' as it were. I find it difficult to see it as any more severe (or intentional) than the consequences pf whatever small bug I might have stepped on and killed walking into work today.

But if it will help you get over it, I will apologize - my intent was and has been throughout this thread NOT to engage in any sort of ad hominem or personal attack.

But I'll warn you this thing you were offended by is so slight as to be entirely below my capacilty to recognize and I absolutely will most likely, and without any negative intent or malice, cross that 'line' again. So please accept this apology as covering all future perceived slights. And you need to take to heart and believe I work fairly hard to avoid any sort of peronal attack (my previous post excepted).

Jim
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-11-2015, 09:44 AM.

Comment

so if you count the number of bands in a "particular period of time" that IS a rate and the bands are a product of growth
                                Too late to add by edit...

We don't get the data by counting the bands in a particular period of time, we count the bands in a particular piece of coral. That's the measurement. Correlating that with time is the interpretation, often involving other measurements such as U-Th disequilibrium. Measurement and interpretation are two different things.

Just to help you out since you've obviously forgotten your claim:

Originally posted by Mikeenders View Post
                                In certain modern corals and shellfish, we find growth-bands that indicate yearly, monthly, and even daily growth, rather like the annual rings that trees produce. By counting these bands, we can determine how long a particular coral or shellfish lived just as we can for a tree by counting its rings. We can also see that there are about thirty daily bands per month and about 365 daily bands per year for modern corals and shellfish.
                                You measure the growth today in order to make comparison calculations in the past.
                                You're welcome.

In what way is counting layers measuring the growth rate today? I'm puzzled.

Comment