Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

China's domination in alternative energy sources.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Sure.

A communist government? No thanks. You are welcome to it. Let me know when you pack up and move, I will say a prayer.

The reason China keeps building coal plants is because they know that green energy is not an efficient replacement for fossil fuels AND they don't give a fart about polluting.

Most green energy comes from three sources, Hydro, Wind and Solar. Green energy is inefficient. Hydro being an exception but with hydro you are limited to where you can build the plants, you have to have the right river and right location. Solar panels take way too much land area per watt of energy produced. They are only about 20% efficient. Wind power also has a large environmental impact and takes up lots of room. The blades end up in land fills, the wind turbines disrupt wildlife (sea and air). Nuclear is the best replacement for fossil fuels we have, and some of the newer plants can even burn nuclear waste as their fuel. Hopefully fusion will be along soon. Once that is available I think it will become the the go-to "green" energy source. So why isn't China building nuclear plants instead of coal plants? Because coal is relatively cheap and China doesn't care about polluting. The only reason they bother with green energy is they are hoping to some free energy and to make low-information environmentalists like you think they are modern and want to "save the world" - it's mostly propaganda.
    Really!
    The Sparko propaganda just goes on and on.
    You think that a country has to be communist before it embraces green energy?

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

Really!
      The Sparko propaganda just goes on and on.
      You think that a country has to be communist before it embraces green energy?
      You are the one praising China and saying the US should be like it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

You are the one praising China and saying the US should be like it is.
        I think that the whole world needs to take notice of China's technology and green initiatives.

Comment

I think that the whole world needs to take notice of China's technology and green initiatives.
          So we should emulate China and start building coal plants every week while claiming we are going "green"?

Comment

So I guess we need to start building and putting online a coal-powered plant each and every week while paying lip service to renewable energy.

Btw, those coal-powered plants they are building don't include all of those that they built for other countries (particularly in Africa). While Xi has promised that China won't build any more coal-powered plants abroad after 2021, they get around it by providing the financing to countries that build them. Since that announcement China has only allocated a measly 2% of their $52 billion of energy loans for renewables.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment