Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Holding their feet to the fire ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See the chicken run away from the questions that you pose
    Ask for evidence and then see how fast he goes
    He will run away from his insubstantial claims
    With a bunch of squawks and a string of nasty names

He is always right no matter how wrong he seems
    For refuting him only happens in your dreams
    And there's no escape from his written diarrhoea
    He posts more and more with each newly passing year

See the chicken run away now just what do you suppose
    Is the value of all the 'evidence' he knows

Roy
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
      So what? If the evidence is indeed "beyond overwhelming", with "tons and tons of support dating back decades", it should be trivial to provide it again. Especially since only one example is needed. It should take less time to find than it takes to rant about being asked for it. Even if it was never actually provided in the first place.

Roy
      The point is that I'll not be jumping through your hoops, kiddo. Besides, what for?
      Only so that you can deny, deny and deny some more? Get real, will ya!

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by jordanriver View Post
        dunno about you J, but most of my "evidence" disappeared with the demise of the old TWEB and a computer crash. (call me lois lerner)

...lost the convenience of citing my own posts
        Yup! On memory, I had somewhere around 14,000 posts. Even if 90% of them were solely for amusement, that still leaves around 1,400 posts that contained lots of serious discussion and evidence. What did I get for all of that work? Denials, that's what. Many people here to this day continue accusing me of "never providing anything". I'm surprised (and disappointed ) that they don't spontaneously burst into flames when they do this.

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          Does not even come close to providing you an excuse Jorge. You have a moral obligation to support your claims each time you make them. If nothing else consider the scriptures themselves: 1 Peter 3:15

New International Version
          But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

New Living Translation
          Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it.

English Standard Version
          but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,

New American Standard Bible
          but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;

King James Bible
          But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

You violate this encouragement in nearly every post you create.

Jim
          The above implication and accusation is unworthy of anything beyond contempt and dismissal.

So that's what I'll give it.

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
            Yup! On memory, I had somewhere around 14,000 posts. Even if 90% of them were solely for amusement, that still leaves around 1,400 posts that contained lots of serious discussion and evidence.
            Problem is 100% of your posts were blustering self-aggrandizing, insults, and outright fabrications as you ran from every question.

What did I get for all of that work?
            For the 100% chicken poop you flung? Laughed at and your cowardice pointed out, just like now.

Comment

• See the chicken run away from the questions that you pose
              Ask for evidence and then see how fast he goes:
              Originally posted by Jorge View Post
              The point is that I'll not be jumping through your hoops, kiddo. Besides, what for?
              Only so that you can deny, deny and deny some more? Get real, will ya!
              If you want to hold people's feet to the fire it helps to have an actual fire. At the moment you're holding our feet to a couple of dry sticks and a post-it note inscribed "Prometheus: 0800-438-3473".

Roy
              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                Problem is 100% of your posts were blustering self-aggrandizing, insults, and outright fabrications as you ran from every question.

For the 100% chicken poop you flung? Laughed at and your cowardice pointed out, just like now.
                Oh, look, it's Beagle Boy! What the heck is he doing 'out'?

Ahhhh yes, but of course, how could I forget?
                Saturday is when he's let out of his cage
                so he can climb trees and howl at the moon.

Jorge

Comment

Oh, look, it's Beagle Boy! What the heck is he doing 'out'?
                  Demonstrating your ignorance and stupidity. Here's a good example:

Jorge, what caused the formation of Meteor Crater, Arizona?

Now watch the chicken run from the question.

Comment

See the chicken run away from the questions that you pose
                    Ask for evidence and then see how fast he goes:If you want to hold people's feet to the fire it helps to have an actual fire. At the moment you're holding our feet to a couple of dry sticks and a post-it note inscribed "Prometheus: 0800-438-3473".

Roy
                    You sure do have hutzpah, Roy - calling me out when YOU haven't even addressed my very first post (OP) in this thread - did you actually think that I was going to forget?

Here's part of it - let's see your rational rebuttal:

In the image below, for example, we see how they wish to deceive utilizing propaganda and psychology that would have made Joseph Goebbels proud. Specifically, knowing that most people recoil at the word "eugenics" they changed the name of this "scientific" journal in 1969 from "Eugenics Quarterly" (oops - their agenda is out in the open) to "Social Biology" (much better - a deceptively harmless name and agenda) so that people aren't repulsed.

Eugenics Quarterly.jpg

Could it be any more obvious?

You don't want to openly admit the patently obvious? Fine - you have a right to be dishonest if that is your choice. I too have a right - to expose that dishonesty for all to see.

Just a few of the telling articles in that "scientific" journal:

Article: Attitudes of parents of retarded children toward voluntary sterilization, M.S. Bass, Eugenics quarterly 04/1967; 14(1):45-53.

Article: Jews, genetics and disease, R.H. Post, Eugenics quarterly 10/1965; 12(3):162-4.

Article: Additional comments on schizophrenia and evolution, R.E. Kuttner & A.B. Lorincz, Eugenics quarterly 07/1967; 14(2):160-1.

That's just a very small sample. It is enlightening to read their early articles (1950's) to see the role that Evolution plays in all of this. As years went by they began to "soften" their speech and better-conceal their motives. Once again, satanically-deceptive tactics.

We all be a'waitin', RRRRRoy.

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                      Demonstrating your ignorance and stupidity. Here's a good example:

Jorge, what caused the formation of Meteor Crater, Arizona?

Now watch the chicken run from the question.
                      You're a witless child, Beagle Boy - not even a challenge for me.
                      But, hey, it's getting late - get all that howling done before it's back to the cage for you!

Jorge

Comment

BWAAAK! BWAAAK! buk buk buk BWAAAK!

Jorge
                        Jorge runs from another science question, keeps his record streak of cowardly fleeing intact.

Comment

You sure do have hutzpah, Roy - calling me out when YOU haven't even addressed my very first post (OP) in this thread - did you actually think that I was going to forget?
                          Your OP is irrelevant. Your invocation of it here is just another attempt to avoid supporting this claim that you made: "Not the point. Whether or not an Atheist is pro-life or pro-death isn't the point. The point is that those Atheists that ARE pro-death will use Evolution as "scientific" justification for their position."

So far you've tried proof by assertion, argument from repetition, appeal to authority, shifting the burden of proof, argument from silence, elephant hurling, the high ground fallacy, poisoning the well, relative privation, demanding promises, smilies, insults, ridicule, and now red herrings.

But no evidence. Until you provide some, this and every other assertion you make can and will be dismissed on the sufficient grounds that you make claims you can't back up.*

Roy

*Accompanied by the chicken song.

Comment

Your OP is irrelevant.
                            Roy

If I weren't seeing this kind'a stuff with my own eyes I'd never believe it.

No wonder the world is going to Hell in a hand basket - it's filled with the likes of Roy.

Jorge

Comment

• Oh, look, I've been quote-mined.

Any other fallacy or sharp practice you want to try ? Maybe ignoration elenchi or denying the antecedent? Or is it time for the return of font-man and the smilies?

Roy
                              Last edited by Roy; 09-13-2014, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• Jorge, evolution isn't a justification in the United States for fetal abortion. It won't be.

Now I suspect, and I should wish I was wrong, it will be for getting rid of children with serious birth defects in Australia. They may have already done it. Granted it would be pointless because birth defects are not passed into the gene pool. And lack of intelligence is not passed into the gene pool either.

I think you should do the or apologize on this one.

Comment