Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Holding their feet to the fire ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
    No, I want you to provide evidence for the claim that you made. Apparently you can't.

Roy
    ENCORE:

"What you want is for me to waste my time doing work that YOU should be doing.
    And it would indeed be a WASTE of my time 'coz only God Almighty Himself could
    ever get you to admit your error / change your stance -- certainly no "example"
    that I could post here would achieve that goal."

Now, if you would promise - here and now and in writing - that when I posted that evidence you would publicly change your position and do a sort of 'conversion' (you don't have to bow down to God, just acknowledge that your Materialistic stance may actually be wrong and so you will seriously dig deeper) ...... if you made that promise, then I would no longer consider it a waste of my time. Otherwise, you're just a WASTE!

I'm taking bets as to Roy's response to that challenge ...

Jorge

Comment

• So long as we all understand that assertions are not evidence, this is a good challenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
        Awww ... I won't waste my time and that upsets you ... awwwwww

Now go suck a lemon.

Jorge
        I'm glad to see that even you consider it a waste of time to support your own arguments. I think we see eye to eye on that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
          This quip doesn't work when we have this.

Source: Thought Criminal Blog

Leonard Darwin had been talking about his father's eugenics beliefs for far longer than that. Last year I mentioned the dedication to his father of his book, The Need for Eugenic Reform, in 1926. In his dedication he does what no one is more qualified to have done, attribute his eugenics beliefs to Charles Darwin. "For if I had not believed that he would have wished me to give such help as I could toward making his life's work of service to mankind, I should never have been led to write this book.” He was 76 the year he wrote that. In that he directly states that eugenics was the practical application of Charles Darwin's "life's work" and that he fully believed his own father would have seen his eugenics activism as making Charles Darwin's work "of service to mankind".

© Copyright Original Source

Source.

Do you have Madalyn's son saying similar as an atheist? Never mind, rhetorical question. I need to stop reading these threads anyway. The ignorance passing itself off as education is too sickening.
          If this is what Leonard wrote in his dedication then he apparently never bothered to read what his father said on these matters in that it clearly flies directly in the face of what Charles Darwin is on record saying both in his books and in correspondences. Either that or Leonard was seeking to justify his own support to himself or give gratis to his work by claiming that his dad, despite all of the evidence to the contrary, would have approved. This was a man who vehemently opposed placing any limitations on human reproduction so it is unlikely in the extreme that he would approve of attempts to forcibly sterilize people.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I admit remaining astonished at the level of faithfulness and effort that you practice defending and promoting your Sacred Cow - Evolution. I only wish that all Biblical Creationists exhibited the same level of fervent dedication promoting God's biblical account as you exhibit promoting the Evolutionary account. If that were to happen, we'd regain control of this 'war' in a heartbeat. BTW, maybe you should consider finding full-time, gainful employment, R06 'coz clearly you have waaaayyy too much free time on your hands. Then again, maybe this IS your full-time job (?) -- getting paid by the Evo-Club of America.

Jorge
            It is a topic that I have more than a passing familiarity with and therefore have little or no difficulty demonstrating the errors in presentations such as yours.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Now, if you would promise - here and now and in writing - that when I posted that evidence you would publicly change your position and do a sort of 'conversion' (you don't have to bow down to God, just acknowledge that your Materialistic stance may actually be wrong and so you will seriously dig deeper) ...... if you made that promise, then I would no longer consider it a waste of my time. Otherwise, you're just a WASTE!
              If you provide evidence - not assertions, but evidence - that some-one has used evolution to justify abortion, and that evidence holds up under scrutiny, then I will publicly change my position.

But you won't. Because you are just a waste.

Roy
              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                If you provide evidence - not assertions, but evidence - that some-one has used evolution to justify abortion, and that evidence holds up under scrutiny, then I will publicly change my position.

But you won't. Because you are just a waste.

Roy
                I for one would be surprised that someone, somewhere at some time didn't use evolution to justify abortion. Folks will use all sorts of things to justify something they want or support. That doesn't make their claims legitimate.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                  I would like to see that argument.
                  No, I don't think this is derailing the thread. That is a crucial point here.
                  The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    I for one would be surprised that someone, somewhere at some time didn't use evolution to justify abortion. Folks will use all sorts of things to justify something they want or support. That doesn't make their claims legitimate.
                    I would be surprised, if only because there are so many easier illegitimate justifications available.

Roy
                    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by phank View Post
                      So long as we all understand that assertions are not evidence, this is a good challenge.
                      So, are you accepting the challenge thus making that commitment / promise?

I didn't think so. Hardly a surprise.

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by Method View Post
                        I'm glad to see that even you consider it a waste of time to support your own arguments. I think we see eye to eye on that one.
                        See post # 191 --- apply to yourself, perhaps a double dose.

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          It is a topic that I have more than a passing familiarity with and therefore have little or no difficulty demonstrating the errors in presentations such as yours.
                          Ladies and gentlemen, above you have the undisputed Joke of the Month.

I have to confess that I had to hold on to my chair after reading R06's howler.

Jorge

Comment

ENCORE:

"What you want is for me to waste my time doing work that YOU should be doing.
                            And it would indeed be a WASTE of my time 'coz only God Almighty Himself could
                            ever get you to admit your error / change your stance -- certainly no "example"
                            that I could post here would achieve that goal."

I'm taking bets as to Roy's response to that challenge ...

Jorge
                            Any person with an ounce of humility recognizes that when they claim something is true, they should supply supporting evidence. People with an ounce of humility or more recognize the world doesn't revolve around them and that every person should, for their own safety and well-being, question assertions made by others without justification. Persons of good will do not demand others jeopardize themselves on the word of another without justification. Your demand that others go and produce the evidence that proves your assertions wrong coupled with you refusal to provide supporting evidence when requested is the mark of the charlatan and the deceiver. People with nothing to hide, who are confident of their positions, and who have good will and charity towards others do not groan at the labor of helping others find the truth.

Jim
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                              Any person with an ounce of humility recognizes that when they claim something is true, they should supply supporting evidence. People with an ounce of humility or more recognize the world doesn't revolve around them and that every person should, for their own safety and well-being, question assertions made by others without justification. Persons of good will do not demand others jeopardize themselves on the word of another without justification. Your demand that others go and produce the evidence that proves your assertions wrong coupled with you refusal to provide supporting evidence when requested is the mark of the charlatan and the deceiver. People with nothing to hide, who are confident of their positions, and who have good will and charity towards others do not groan at the labor of helping others find the truth.

Jim
                              I'm writing about evidence at the OP linked to below. And in response you see that Jorge rants then runs:-

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...ll=1#post96113

Bless Jorge. Where would be without his antics? I kind of have a soft spot for him . He does try, even if he does not get it. You ought to try and argue against the some of the idiots (yes, they truly are) on other forums.
                              Last edited by rwatts; 09-08-2014, 05:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Jim
                                But there are those who think that when they make the claim that the very fact that they said it is substantiation. What's more when they repeat the assertion they think they have provided even more corroborating evidence.

Such people seriously don't understand what the concept of supplying supporting evidence means or else are so full of themselves -- so chock full of hubris -- that they think that the very fact that they said it ought to settle it.

Comment