Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

RIP Stephen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Jorge will believe just about anything, so long as it isn't true.

I knew that already. Still, nice to have these things clarified.
    Last edited by Duragizer; 04-09-2018, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
      The late Anthony Flew, PhD Philosopher - one of the premier Atheists of the 20th century - was one such individual. I followed him for decades and ...
      ... yet still can't get his name right.
      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

All of the evidence indicates that the 9/11 event was an event orchestrated by certain individuals in several nations including the USA, Saudi Arabia, Israel and possibly others. It is important to note that it was "by certain individuals" in those nations, not (necessarily) by the entire nation itself.
        That clearly contradicts the mainstream view that the 9/11 event was an event orchestrated by certain individuals in several nations including the USA, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan and possibly others.

is clearly too much of a coward to say anything about his conspiracy theories other than someone did something somewhere. By a strange co-incidence, the explanation "someone did something somewhere" is the basis of Intelligent Design Theory.
        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

JFK -- Official narrative is a LIE to appease the ignorant masses while concealing the crime.
          9/11 -- Official narrative is a LIE to appease the ignorant masses while concealing the crimes.
          moon landing -- 'probably' happened but there are many serious unanswered questions.
          age of the earth -- Official narrative contradicts the Word of God; ergo, giga/mega-years cannot be true AND this is supported by hundreds of separate lines of tangible evidence and sound logic.
          The common thread in all of these is the complete lack of any substance.

What happened to JFK?
          What happened on 9/11?
          What questions about the moon landings remain unanswered?
          What lines of tangible evidence?

doesn't say. He is too much of a coward to present anything concrete, anything that might be dismantled, anything that might lead to him having to reconsider his views.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
            anything that might lead to him having to reconsider his views.
            You have evidence that he's ever reconsidered his views?
            "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
              0000000000can't disagree.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I have lots of evidence that as soon as any of his views are challenged with facts he refuses from then on to discuss them...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                  I have lots of evidence that as soon as any of his views are challenged with facts he refuses from then on to discuss them...
                  The end of which being he now gwnerally simply posts drive by fashion, there being so little of his point of view that remains unchallenged.

Jim
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    The end of which being he now gwnerally simply posts drive by fashion, there being so little of his point of view that remains unchallenged.

Jim
                    I think Jorge essentially views all the evidence against the YEC model as being some sort of test from God

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No, no, no! The phrase "eternal consequences" is NOT "up to me". You, me and all will face eternal consequences based on the truth (regardless of the truth that you hold). In your view that 'truth' is eternity in a grave. In my view it is eternity in heaven or hell. In any and all cases it is eternity "somewhere".
                      No, not exactly. I do not think I will "spend eternity in a grave." I think I will simply cease to be. My body be cremated after any organ donations are complete, and my ashes disposed of as the surviving members of my family determine. This planet is not "eternal," so any grave is eventually going to simply disappear.

"irrational, unreasonable, illogical, and lacking in sense" is deluding oneself that it is possible to escape an eternal future "somewhere". Now, if what you mean (which I believe is the case) is that you do not believe that the person will be conscious of that eternity then that is another matter. In any event, my position (namely, it will be heaven or hell and you will be conscious) has far, FAR more support than the Materialist's position. That's what you are betting against. I won't wish you luck 'coz luck ain't gonna help ya.

Jorge
                      No - it's not. The evidence is fairly compelling for my worldview. It is not that I "believe the person will not be conscious of that eternity," it is that I believe there will no longer exist a person to BE conscious. And I'm not looking for "luck," my friend. I'll be fine with whatever happens.
                      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

I never said "ALL of you". But I would bet that the more intelligent and honest among you have serious doubts and ask those aforementioned questions, even if only to yourself.
                        You would lose that bet. Of course, based on the phrasing of your sentence, I think that will probably mean that you will consider me either unintelligent or dishonest.

The late Anthony Flew, PhD Philosopher - one of the premier Atheists of the 20th century - was one such individual. I followed him for decades and then, by the grace of God, a few years before his death he realized that he had been wrong and publicly confessed it. He is one of my (ex)Atheist heroes for his intellectual integrity and intelligence.
                        If what it takes for you to consider someone as having "intellectual integrity and intelligence" is that they agree with your worldview, then I am definitely going to be a disappointment.

Listen, the stakes will never get any higher and man-oh-man to be wrong on this one is the ETERNAL MOTHER of all "Oops, I done screwed up!"

BTW, I too play pool but no beer for me, thanks.
                        I can probably beat the tar out of you in pool. Just sayin' ...

Hehe

Jorge
                        It is possible you could. I have not played in a bit. Should you ever wander near Vermont, let me know and we can plan for a game. I'll be happy to drink the beer.
                        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Climate change -- that "climate changes" is an observable fact. That the changes are "bad" and due to man's activities is an agenda-driven LIE meant to expand economic and political control of the masses by a ruling class that consider themselves above all laws.
                          Just out of curiosity, how do you square this with the fact that the oil companies, in federal court, just acknowledged that the scientists have gotten climate change right?

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/22/1...-chevron-exxon

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

OMG, the oil companies must be in on it!

"Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Just out of curiosity, how do you square this with the fact that the oil companies, in federal court, just acknowledged that the scientists have gotten climate change right?

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/22/1...-chevron-exxon

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

OMG, the oil companies must be in on it!

Wow - I completely missed that news item. So now I have to wonder how the other climate-deniers (of various stripes) here will respond to that.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              As seen from above you called that one.

We are so lucky to have Jorge. How else would we know about all the mistakes in the Bible if Jorge wasn't here to correct them and inform us what they "really" meant.

For instance, in I Corinthians 15:14, where Paul informs us that
                              And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain.

Obviously what he really meant to say was
                              And if Christ has not been raised and if life changes over time and the creation is more than a few thousand years old, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain.

Likewise, when Paul informs us in Romans 10:9 that
                              because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

We're blessed to have Jorge "correct" Paul by adding what he accidentally omitted.
                              because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead and disagree that the creation is more than a few thousand years old and that life changes and adapts over time, you will be saved.

Similarly when Luke tells us in Acts 16:31 that Paul and Silas told their jailer that...

...they "really" meant to say
                              and that life does not change and adapt over time and that the creation is only a few thousand years old
                              WOW! As W. Pauli would say, "Not even wrong!"

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                In the past Jorge has indicated support for geocentrism but quickly backed off when questioned. Now we can add it and flat earth as things that Jorge believes are valid concepts.
                                Misrepresentation! So, what else is new? Nothing!

Jorge

Comment