Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

RIP Stephen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    It's actually several conspiracy nut job theories. But it is sad you buy unto them. Unfortunately, it sorta proves you are not fit to evaluate the legitimacy of any theory. You are eaten up with paranoia driven it appears by a certain 'end times' escatology.

Jim
    Since you are all-too-eager to swallow and then promote the Evolution Myth, it comes as no surprise to me that you write what you do above. Nonetheless, I continue to be astonished at the level of arrogant ignorance expressed by specimens like you, O-Mudd. It makes the sad, tragic, decaying state that this country is in wholly predictable.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
      The Trump election analogy is a Straw Man --- you do know that, right?
      It's an analogy. An analogy is not a strawman.

As a Biblical Creationist and researcher in these matters there is but one possible conclusion: the Earth is under 10K years "old", probably closer to 6K years.
      I will leave that to you. It is not what I believe to be true.

Aren't we all?
      Some more than others

Yeah, I get it.

"1 + 1 = 57"??? WOW!! You're almost as good at creating Straw Men as rogue06 is (but he still has you beat by a lot - he's the resident Master Straw Man Creator here at TWeb).
      Again, it's an analogy. An analogy is not a strawman.

JFK -- Official narrative is a LIE to appease the ignorant masses while concealing the crime.
      9/11 -- Official narrative is a LIE to appease the ignorant masses while concealing the crimes.
      moon landing -- 'probably' happened but there are many serious unanswered questions.
      age of the earth -- Official narrative contradicts the Word of God; ergo, giga/mega-years cannot be true AND this is supported by hundreds of separate lines of tangible evidence and sound logic.
      flat earth -- most versions of this are nonsense; some versions have things to consider.
      geocentrism -- most versions of this are nonsense; some versions have things to consider.
      Climate change -- that "climate changes" is an observable fact. That the changes are "bad" and due to man's activities is an agenda-driven LIE meant to expand economic and political control of the masses by a ruling class that consider themselves above all laws.

Become better educated, Michel.

Jorge
      As I said, Jorge, I will leave these to you. In my experience, arguing facts with a conspiracy theorist is a pointless waste of time. You are welcome to your views. I won't be adopting them. If that makes me "narrow minded" and "ignorant," so be it.
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Since you are all-too-eager to swallow and then promote the Evolution Myth, it comes as no surprise to me that you write what you do above. Nonetheless, I continue to be astonished at the level of arrogant ignorance expressed by specimens like you, O-Mudd. It makes the sad, tragic, decaying state that this country is in wholly predictable.

Jorge
        And I find myself dismayed that the U.S. is the penultimate country (second only to Turkey) in rejecting evolution as science.

Just makes me shake my head.
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          I've found that such folks tend to want to believe that they're privy to some very important "secret" information that the rest of the public is unaware of and this then makes them elite in some way.

By the way, did y'all know that there really isn't a letter "Q"? It's all a fraud hoisted on the gullible public by the Trilateral Commission.
          Once again you demonstrate your ignorance and, bluntly, stupidity in these matters.

I/we are not "privy to any very important secret information" IT'S ALL THERE IN THE OPEN FOR ALL TO SEE! Of course, you need a brain, critical thinking skills and intellectual integrity to "see" it. What I have noticed is that most of the Evo-Faithful and Materialists lack those qualities. That they lack those traits comes as no surprise to me.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            It's not all or nothing jorge. Belief in christ and trust in his grace is not license to sin. Nevertheless, how old the earth is has no bearing on that belief in grace nor is it necessarily of any consequence relative to how one lives out a Christian life.

Jim
            I've known for YEARS your view on this, O-Mudd.
            You are W-R-O-N-G! on this point -- plain and simply wrong!

You delude yourself if you think you can "accept Christ" with one side of your mouth while with the other side you declare that "His Word is flawed in what He says" (ah, but only in certain areas - you accept what you want and reject what you don't!). I mean, how CRAZY is that?!? Do you actually think that God is going to allow you to get away with that? Really??? WOW!!!

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
              It's an analogy. An analogy is not a strawman.
              There is such as a thing as an analogy that is also a Straw Man. But never mind.

I will leave that to you. It is not what I believe to be true.
              OF COURSE you don't believe that --- you're an Atheist!

Some more than others.
              Indeed!

As I said, Jorge, I will leave these to you. In my experience, arguing facts with a conspiracy theorist is a pointless waste of time. You are welcome to your views. I won't be adopting them. If that makes me "narrow minded" and "ignorant," so be it.
              The "let's agree to disagree" finale always leaves my shaking my head. And if we were "agreeing to disagree" on who will win this year's World Series in baseball then that's one thing. But no sensible person would simply walk away from an issue that has ETERNAL consequences - I mean, good grief!! But then, I reached the conclusion long ago that Materialists/Atheists have abandoned all reason/logic -- in fact, they MUST abandon all reason -- in order to retain their beliefs. Don't take any of that personally. Included in that crowd are Dawkins, Dennett, Pennock, Mills, Stenger, Hitchens, Miller, Harris and the many other members of that large Flock.

Jorge

Comment

OK, Jorge. None of this fits into my beliefs, so my perspective may be simply dismissed, but I did not hear Sparko say ANY of that. I cannot imagine that he is a man who thinks he just has to "confess Jesus as his lord and savior" and then go out and indulge every pleasure of the senses and "he's good." He merely noted that some things are critical to "salvation," and some are not. What he believes about when the earth was created is not. What he believes might happen at the ends times is not. I may be putting words into the man's mouth (and if I am, Sparko, then please correct me), but I suspect he would say that his confession of Jesus as his lord and savior must be an honest one, which means living a life in line with the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus is known to have said "love one another" and "take up your cross and follow me." I'm reasonably sure he didn't say, "believe the earth is less than 10,000 years old or be damned!"

Don't get me wrong - Sparko is a right wing nut with delusions of correctness...but he's also an honest and heartfelt man
                I did NOT say some of the things about Sparko that you (seem to) think I said.

Nor do I say, "Believe that the Earth is 10,000 years old or be damned to Hell." It's much deeper than that. Many things I am and many things I am not. In the "am not" category be sure to note "not superficial on serious matters".

Jorge

Comment

And I find myself dismayed that the U.S. is the penultimate country (second only to Turkey) in rejecting evolution as science.

Just makes me shake my head.
                  That's because (apparently) you don't grasp what the REAL issues are. To wit: ask me if "evolution" occurs. My answer, "Yes, it does." But then I'll ask right back, "What "evolution" are YOU talking about?" And I'll bet the farm three times over that YOUR Evolution and my evolution are not the same thing. It is YOUR Evolution that anyone with a critical mind, sufficient knowledge and intellectual integrity will not accept, cannot accept and will never be able to accept.

Kind'a reminds me of Bill Clinton a few years ago when in one of his senior-moment slips he stated what EVERYONE knows all-too-well, namely that, quote, "Obamacare is crazy!", unquote. Yet we have to this day been fed the big, fat, ugly lie by The Establishment that "Obamacare is good for the US". In similar fashion, behind closed doors and in very private conversations Materialists likely say, "What we believe is cuckoo-wacko-crazy! But what's the alternative? GOD? Well, we can't have that now, can we."

Hehe

Jorge

Comment

There is such as a thing as an analogy that is also a Straw Man. But never mind.

OF COURSE you don't believe that --- you're an Atheist!

Indeed!

The "let's agree to disagree" finale always leaves my shaking my head. And if we were "agreeing to disagree" on who will win this year's World Series in baseball then that's one thing. But no sensible person would simply walk away from an issue that has ETERNAL consequences - I mean, good grief!! But then, I reached the conclusion long ago that Materialists/Atheists have abandoned all reason/logic -- in fact, they MUST abandon all reason -- in order to retain their beliefs. Don't take any of that personally. Included in that crowd are Dawkins, Dennett, Pennock, Mills, Stenger, Hitchens, Miller, Harris and the many other members of that large Flock.

Jorge
                    I don't take things personally, Jorge. At least, not usually. Sometimes, in a weak moment, my skin thins out. But not usually. I have long since learned that what someone else thinks of me or what I believe is just that: what they think/believe. You have every right to your point of view. As for "eternal consequences," I'll leave that to you as well. I suppose that makes me irrational, unreasonable, illogical, and lacking in sense.

My wife tells me I also can't find socks in a full sock drawer.

Comment

I did NOT say some of the things about Sparko that you (seem to) think I said.

Nor do I say, "Believe that the Earth is 10,000 years old or be damned to Hell." It's much deeper than that. Many things I am and many things I am not. In the "am not" category be sure to note "not superficial on serious matters".

Jorge
                      You may want to go back and read what you wrote...

Comment

That's because (apparently) you don't grasp what the REAL issues are. To wit: ask me if "evolution" occurs. My answer, "Yes, it does." But then I'll ask right back, "What "evolution" are YOU talking about?" And I'll bet the farm three times over that YOUR Evolution and my evolution are not the same thing. It is YOUR Evolution that anyone with a critical mind, sufficient knowledge and intellectual integrity will not accept, cannot accept and will never be able to accept.

Kind'a reminds me of Bill Clinton a few years ago when in one of his senior-moment slips he stated what EVERYONE knows all-too-well, namely that, quote, "Obamacare is crazy!", unquote. Yet we have to this day been fed the big, fat, ugly lie by The Establishment that "Obamacare is good for the US". In similar fashion, behind closed doors and in very private conversations Materialists likely say, "What we believe is cuckoo-wacko-crazy! But what's the alternative? GOD? Well, we can't have that now, can we."

Hehe

Jorge
                        I can pretty much assure you that I have never, in a closed room, confessed I found evolution to be "cuckoo-wacko-crazy," my friend. I think you might want to hang out in some of those "back rooms" before you speculate on what goes on there. Mostly, we just play pool and have a beer!

Comment

I don't take things personally, Jorge. At least, not usually. Sometimes, in a weak moment, my skin thins out. But not usually. I have long since learned that what someone else thinks of me or what I believe is just that: what they think/believe. You have every right to your point of view. As for "eternal consequences," I'll leave that to you as well. I suppose that makes me irrational, unreasonable, illogical, and lacking in sense.

My wife tells me I also can't find socks in a full sock drawer.
                          No, no, no! The phrase "eternal consequences" is NOT "up to me". You, me and all will face eternal consequences based on the truth (regardless of the truth that you hold). In your view that 'truth' is eternity in a grave. In my view it is eternity in heaven or hell. In any and all cases it is eternity "somewhere".

"irrational, unreasonable, illogical, and lacking in sense" is deluding oneself that it is possible to escape an eternal future "somewhere". Now, if what you mean (which I believe is the case) is that you do not believe that the person will be conscious of that eternity then that is another matter. In any event, my position (namely, it will be heaven or hell and you will be conscious) has far, FAR more support than the Materialist's position. That's what you are betting against. I won't wish you luck 'coz luck ain't gonna help ya.

Jorge

Comment

I can pretty much assure you that I have never, in a closed room, confessed I found evolution to be "cuckoo-wacko-crazy," my friend. I think you might want to hang out in some of those "back rooms" before you speculate on what goes on there. Mostly, we just play pool and have a beer!
                            I never said "ALL of you". But I would bet that the more intelligent and honest among you have serious doubts and ask those aforementioned questions, even if only to yourself. The late Anthony Flew, PhD Philosopher - one of the premier Atheists of the 20th century - was one such individual. I followed him for decades and then, by the grace of God, a few years before his death he realized that he had been wrong and publicly confessed it. He is one of my (ex)Atheist heroes for his intellectual integrity and intelligence.

Listen, the stakes will never get any higher and man-oh-man to be wrong on this one is the ETERNAL MOTHER of all "Oops, I done screwed up!"

BTW, I too play pool but no beer for me, thanks.
                            I can probably beat the tar out of you in pool. Just sayin' ...

Hehe

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Absolutely agree 100%. Our salvation does not hinge on whether or not we accept or reject the evidence for evolution any more than it does on how we think the earth is shaped or whether the earth orbits the sun or vice versa. Unfortunately there are some in the YEC leadership who disagree, with some like Ken Ham wanting to make Christianity dependent upon how we read the opening chapters of Genesis rather than on Christ and his finished work on the cross (spurning what He said in Matthew 7:24-27).
                              Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              People like Jorge.
                              As seen from above you called that one.

We are so lucky to have Jorge. How else would we know about all the mistakes in the Bible if Jorge wasn't here to correct them and inform us what they "really" meant.

For instance, in I Corinthians 15:14, where Paul informs us that
                              And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain.

Obviously what he really meant to say was
                              And if Christ has not been raised and if life changes over time and the creation is more than a few thousand years old, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain.

Likewise, when Paul informs us in Romans 10:9 that
                              because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

We're blessed to have Jorge "correct" Paul by adding what he accidentally omitted.
                              because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead and disagree that the creation is more than a few thousand years old and that life changes and adapts over time, you will be saved.

Similarly when Luke tells us in Acts 16:31 that Paul and Silas told their jailer that...

...they "really" meant to say
                              and that life does not change and adapt over time and that the creation is only a few thousand years old

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

JFK -- Official narrative is a LIE to appease the ignorant masses while concealing the crime.
                                9/11 -- Official narrative is a LIE to appease the ignorant masses while concealing the crimes.
                                moon landing -- 'probably' happened but there are many serious unanswered questions.
                                age of the earth -- Official narrative contradicts the Word of God; ergo, giga/mega-years cannot be true AND this is supported by hundreds of separate lines of tangible evidence and sound logic.
                                flat earth -- most versions of this are nonsense; some versions have things to consider.
                                geocentrism -- most versions of this are nonsense; some versions have things to consider.
                                Climate change -- that "climate changes" is an observable fact. That the changes are "bad" and due to man's activities is an agenda-driven LIE meant to expand economic and political control of the masses by a ruling class that consider themselves above all laws.

Become better educated, Michel.

Jorge
                                In the past Jorge has indicated support for geocentrism but quickly backed off when questioned. Now we can add it and flat earth as things that Jorge believes are valid concepts.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment