Announcement

Collapse

General Theistics 101 Guidelines

This area is open for nontheists and theists to interact on issues of theism and faith in a civilized manner. We ask that nontheist participation respect the theistic views of others and not seek to undermine theism in general, or advocate for nontheism. Such posts are more suited for and allowable in Apologetics 301 with very little restriction.

The moderators of this area are given great discretion to determine if a particular thread or comment would more appropriately belong in another forum area.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Opinions on Billy Graham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by adrift View Post
    Simmer down there[,] Remonstrant!
    FIFY

Leave a comment:

• Adrift
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Simmer down there Remonstrant!

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Ya know, and this is the God's honest truth... I've only had ONE woman complain about my policy, because she wanted to meet with me on a Wednesday night after Church. I suggested we meet "tomorrow morning during the day, unless there's an emergency". She OFTEN stopped by the Church in the day.

This particular woman, who actually got mad enough over this to leave the Church, was on her FO[U]RTH marriage. Her THIRD marriage was to a local Methodist preacher. Their affair began in his office at night, while he was still married (divorce pending) and they continued meeting in his office at night.

She's the ONLY woman who complained about my policy. The only MAN who complained about my policy was her 4th husband!

(I did not know about her divorce/marriage/divorce to the Methodist preacher until after this incident)

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    well this thread is about Billy Graham which includes the BG rule.
    Ya know, and this is the God's honest truth... I've only had ONE woman complain about my policy, because she wanted to meet with me on a Wednesday night after Church. I suggested we meet "tomorrow morning during the day, unless there's an emergency". She OFTEN stopped by the Church in the day.

This particular woman, who actually got mad enough over this to leave the Church, was on her FORTH marriage. Her THIRD marriage was to a local Methodist preacher. Their affair began in his office at night, while he was still married (divorce pending) and they continued meeting in his office at night.

She's the ONLY woman who complained about my policy. The only MAN who complained about my policy was her 4th husband!

(I did not know about her divorce/marriage/divorce to the Methodist preacher until after this incident)

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    On the Graham Rule - yes - I'm done. I;'ve been reading the subsequent posts, but I won't be responding further.

On the gun issue - not yet.
    well this thread is about Billy Graham which includes the BG rule. I only brought up guns to point out how you were being hypocritical. this is not the thread to discuss guns except in that context.

I was trying to get you to realize that you indeed do support 'policies that treat ALL people as untrustworkthy because a FEW people are.'

- so your objection to the BG rule based on that excuse falls flat.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I think he got tripped up in the "licensing vehicles" as opposed to "licensing drivers", and can't seem to keep those things straight.
    you didn't even complain about the bad grammar in my post! I was rushing out of the door and didn't proof read.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    As for owning it - you're talking to a man who summoned the police to his own home on his own son. So, quite frankly, stuff it.
    Sheeeesh!

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    You did not use those words - but that was the essence of your argument. "So much for background checks" - and the argument apparently has been that we are doing something wrong by having background checks.
    That isn't how I read him at all.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I have no idea what specifically was the reason he was not arrested. I was not there, so I am not in a position to pass judgment.
    So, you're posting out of ignorance.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Sounds like one of your I quit posts.
    Oh, and....

I quit!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    You did not use those words - but that was the essence of your argument.
    No, that's your dishonest and disingenuous summary.

Leave a comment:

• carpedm9587
    replied
    Any time you say that, you can take it to the bank that you're about to misrepresent my position.

Never said that. Please try again.
    You did not use those words - but that was the essence of your argument. "So much for background checks" - and the argument apparently has been that we are doing something wrong by having background checks.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    OK, I've had it! I've said all I'm gonna say - we're just repeating the same stuff over and over.

I'm not going to comment on this any more at all ever!

Unless I want to. Then I will.

Otherwise, I'm done!

(for now, but don't hold me to it! )
    Sounds like one of your I quit posts.

Leave a comment:

• carpedm9587
    replied
    Hmmm... you're conversing, and I'm griping, eh?
    When it comees to guns, where exactly did I say I wasn't griping? Gripe: express a complaint or grumble about something, especially something trivial. Except for the trivial part, when it comes to guns, I am definitely griping.

The "child" shooter in Florida passed the background check because of failed liberal polices - own it.
    I have no idea what specifically was the reason he was not arrested. I was not there, so I am not in a position to pass judgment. It seems to me some of what he is said to have done should have resulted in an arrest.

As for owning it - you're talking to a man who summoned the police to his own home on his own son. So, quite frankly, stuff it.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    OK, I've had it! I've said all I'm gonna say - we're just repeating the same stuff over and over.

I'm not going to comment on this any more at all ever!

Unless I want to. Then I will.

Otherwise, I'm done!

(for now, but don't hold me to it! )

Leave a comment: