Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Christian Necrophobes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    10 years +?? But you said:
    "but when found this year to be terminally ill rejected religion and God"

make up your mind, shunya.
    The initial diagnosis of cancer isn't always terminal. Terminal means when the cancer spreads to the point of not being possible to reverse.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
      The initial diagnosis of cancer isn't always terminal. Terminal means when the cancer spreads to the point of not being possible to reverse.
      Well apparently he didn't give up his belief in God until he got that diagnosis this year, which was the point I was making about it sounding like him being angry that God would give him a terminal illness.

Comment

Well apparently he didn't give up his belief in God until he got that diagnosis this year, which was the point I was making about it sounding like him being angry that God would give him a terminal illness.
        You make no sense. Why be angry at the news that you'd certainly be with The Lord soon?

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
          You make no sense. Why be angry at the news that you'd certainly be with The Lord soon?

Comment

The worst thing about Christian salvation is that it prevents the saved seeing the unsaved as equal. It is a type of apartheid tolerated by insiders because they take the view that anyone can join. To an outsider it looks like they took the bribe and are emotionally unable to deal with the prospect of their own death. The truth is that people have been dying successfully every since there were people and while nobody likes the idea of illness and incapacity we are all equally guaranteed the end of suffering in death.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              The truth is that people have been dying successfully every since there were people and while nobody likes the idea of illness and incapacity we are all equally guaranteed the end of suffering in death.
              How do you know this?
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

The worst thing about Christian salvation is that it prevents the saved seeing the unsaved as equal.
                The worst thing about being a rescue swimmer is that it prevents the rescuer seeing the drowning as equal.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  How do you know this?

Comment

Actually, some Tweb posters appear to be pretty much brain dead, but they keep posting.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      The worst thing about being a rescue swimmer is that it prevents the rescuer seeing the drowning as equal.
                      I trust you appreciate that you are just making my point for me.

Comment

I trust you appreciate that you are just making my point for me.
                        I have no doubt you would love to believe that.

Comment

Actually, some Tweb posters appear to be pretty much brain dead, but they keep posting.
                          Is that a black arm band sort of thing going on there, CP?

Comment

Is that a black arm band sort of thing going on there, CP?
                            It is the Police recognition of, and respect to, a fallen officer and his/her family - a black band (in this case, with "the thin blue line" through it) across the officers badge or shield.

Comment

I have no doubt you would love to believe that.
                              I truly do. But, I was talking the other evening to a woman who lost her teenage child to cancer and although she had lost her Christian faith she still took comfort from the idea that she would meet her loved one again some day. I would not deny anyone that comfort. But I still object to the idea that that comfort costs anything.

Comment

10 years +?? But you said:
                                "but when found this year to be terminally ill rejected religion and God"

make up your mind, shunya.
                                No problem you do not know the whole story. He has been under treatment for cancer, beginning with Bladder Cancer for 10+ years. It was only early this year it found he was stage four cancer and would only have ~6 moths or so.

Comment