Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Do Christian infants get to Heaven? Do all infants get to Heaven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Esther View Post

I suggest you start learning from the one who created you, the scientists and all the stars and even calls each one by name eider!

No I can't leave it at that. Look what all Jesus did:

2 [But] in [b]the last of these days He has spoken to us in [the person of a] Son, Whom He appointed Heir and lawful Owner of all things, also by and through Whom He created the worlds and the reaches of space and the ages of time [He made, produced, built, operated, and arranged them in order].

3 He is the sole expression of the glory of God [the Light-being, the [c]out-raying or radiance of the divine], and He is the perfect imprint and very image of [God’s] nature, upholding and maintaining and guiding and propelling the universe by His mighty word of power. Hebrews 1:2-3.

And as glorious as this all is, God cares about every sparrow that has ever fallen:

29 Are not two [j]little sparrows sold for a penny? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father’s leave (consent) and notice. Matthew 10:29.
    Yes..... but I don't believe that, Esther. Like so many other billions of people I don't..........

Comment

• Originally posted by eider View Post
      10/10 You see? Different. I hope rogue sees this.
      Of course there is a difference. Just like there is a difference between a lorry and a Volkswagen -- yet they're still both automobiles.

Deism is basically just a form of theism
      Originally posted by eider View Post
      Hang on............. does that mean that I can take part in all the 'theist only' sections here on Tweb? I need an answer to that.
      You aren't an agnostic or atheist are you?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yes..... but I don't believe that, Esther. Like so many other billions of people I don't..........
        Lots of folks don't believe that we went to the moon. There are those who think the world is flat.

But, you know what?

That doesn't make it so.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Of course there is a difference. Just like there is a difference between a lorry and a Volkswagen -- yet they're still both automobiles.

Deism is basically just a form of theism

You aren't an agnostic or atheist are you?
          It's so easy to see through you rogue........... I am a Deist, and there you are telling me that this is a form of Theism.
          And so I ask you :-does that mean that I can take part in all the 'theist only' sections here on Tweb? I need an answer to that.
          .............. and you don't trust your own words enough to give me a straight answer.

You are so much hot air....really!

Comment

It's so easy to see through you rogue........... I am a Deist, and there you are telling me that this is a form of Theism.
            And so I ask you :-does that mean that I can take part in all the 'theist only' sections here on Tweb? I need an answer to that.
            .............. and you don't trust your own words enough to give me a straight answer.

You are so much hot air....really!
            Types of theism
            • Monotheism.
            • Polytheism.
            • Pantheism.
            • Deism.
            • Autotheism.
            • Value-judgment theisms.

Basically a deist is a theist who does not think that God or gods take an active role.

Comment

Types of theism
              • Monotheism.
              • Polytheism.
              • Pantheism.
              • Deism.
              • Autotheism.
              • Value-judgment theisms.

Basically a deist is a theist who does not think that God or gods take an active role.
              And so, although Deism is all about belief in an unaware, or uninvolved, disinterested deity ..the brains of the world have popped it in to the same category as aware, involved interested deities? How logical!
              Oh well...... you know best........ so please can I post in 'Theist only' sections here? YES/NO

Comment

And so, although Deism is all about belief in an unaware, or uninvolved, disinterested deity ..the brains of the world have popped it in to the same category as aware, involved interested deities? How logical!
                Oh well...... you know best........ so please can I post in 'Theist only' sections here? YES/NO
                If you believe that there is a deity of some sort, then you are by definition a type of theist.

That also answers your question.

Comment

10/10 You see? Different. I hope rogue sees this.

No............... That God IS everything.
                  But nothing like yours......
                  No that is Pantheism, not Deism. Deism is the belief that God created the universe, set it in motion and then sat back and watched without interfering. Pantheism believes that the Universe and God are one and the same.

Comment

Do you actually believe that there is a God or not? So far it's hard to tell exactly what you believe. Please explain in detail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Do you actually believe that there is a God or not? So far it's hard to tell exactly what you believe. Please explain in detail.
                      He does give the impression that his beliefs twist in the wind, changing each day when he wakes up.

Comment

No that is Pantheism, not Deism. Deism is the belief that God created the universe, set it in motion and then sat back and watched without interfering. Pantheism believes that the Universe and God are one and the same.
                        Try Pan Deism.......... for everything together being God, but a totally unaware or disinterested Deity.
                        But I just call myself a Deist. Everything together being God.

Comment

Everything you see, touch, feel, know about...anywhere, everywhere.....is a part of God.
                          A God who is completely unaware of you.
                          Take a magnifying glass and inspect your little finger for the tiniest hair........ fix your eyes upon that hair and realise that you never knew of its existence ... yet it is part of you.
                          In fact you are not familiar with the majority of cells within yourself. The Deity is in a similar position, I believe.
                          You and I are part of the whole, but so are the atoms in the table that you sit beside. Everything is part of God and lives, in its own way..

Comment

Everything you see, touch, feel, know about...anywhere, everywhere.....is a part of God.
                            A God who is completely unaware of you.
                            Take a magnifying glass and inspect your little finger for the tiniest hair........ fix your eyes upon that hair and realise that you never knew of its existence ... yet it is part of you.
                            In fact you are not familiar with the majority of cells within yourself. The Deity is in a similar position, I believe.
                            You and I are part of the whole, but so are the atoms in the table that you sit beside. Everything is part of God and lives, in its own way..
                            The idea that God is everywhere and in everything is not alien to Christianity.

Comment

The idea that God is everywhere and in everything is not alien to Christianity.
                              Eider seems more exposing a kind of panendeism than the omnipresence of an entity.
                              P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Eider seems more exposing a kind of panendeism than the omnipresence of an entity.
                                I'm not entirely sure eider really grasps what it is he believes

Comment