Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Highly Religious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    I think you need to revisit what the world found offensive about the gospel.
    You'll know you've found it when you are also offended by it.

I sure do love you, Gerbzy.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      I sure do love you, Gerbzy.
      Stop that!
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Stop that!
        She does that to me, too.
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          She can almost sell you on the whole love thing.... until you remember she's The Pin(tm)
          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

I sure do love you guys.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I sure do love you guys.
              Yuck, girl germs!
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                Yuck, girl germs!

You, too, seer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Wow. You can't see that it sounds like you're being a bit..... vibes of judgment....

wow
                  As a Baptist myself, I have to admit he's right.
                  When I Survey....

Comment

You, too, seer.
                    I have to take a shower!
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14931[/ATTACH]
                      That's what we're afeared of
                      Attached Files

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

With ~350,000 congregations in the US, one would be tempted to think that personal experience with church can't be used at all to determine the validity of another's experience. That is, if one weren't reading this thread...
                        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

You've absolutely no reason to feel bad and you aren't 'feeding' anything.
                          This is a discussion forum and as such if I post something that you want to respond to you should do it.

I live in an area where I need to work on grace and forgiveness; I'm not there yet, so anyone who talks to me on the topic has to be willing to put up with a bit of heat.
                          Roger that.

I've a support group I turn to for that sort of thing, which include among other infidels, Trout.
                          When I call him and rant about legalism he usually just laughs and laughs and laughs.
                          And, by the way, I haven't worn polyester in over 50 years!
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                            With ~350,000 congregations in the US, one would be tempted to think that personal experience with church can't be used at all to determine the validity of another's experience. That is, if one weren't reading this thread...
                            Agreed - even within the confines of, say American Baptist or Southern Baptist, or Free Evangelical, or..... in many cases, it has to do with the temperament or personality of the pastor and/or whoever the "legitimizers" of the local congregation are.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              But this is really about me.

Isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                And, by the way, I haven't worn polyester in over 50 years!
                                It was a poor [butt]umption on my part. (1)

NOTES
                                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                1: I'll never fully understand the posting regulations on this site.

Comment