See less

Praying to Mary is worshiping Mary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romans 8:26-27 refers to the intercession of the Holy Spirit when we don't know what to pray for.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• God who knows the totality of the hearts fully understands the unpsoken prayer of the Christian.
      Where does that come from? It certainly doesn't come from Romans 8:26-27. It says there, that God knows the mind of the Holy Spirit, because in accord with God, the Holy Spirit makes intercession.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
        Romans 8:26-27 refers to the intercession of the Holy Spirit when we don't know what to pray for.

We never do without Him.
        This was already discussed.

Try something new.

When I wrote "Next stupid argument..." that doesn't mean repeat what has already been refuted.
        Last edited by foudroyant; 08-19-2014, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Where does that come from? It certainly doesn't come from Romans 8:26-27. It says there, that God knows the mind of the Holy Spirit, because in accord with God, the Holy Spirit makes intercession.
          Hey Dunce Boy,
          God searching the heart is the same thing as Him fully knowing them.
          Last edited by foudroyant; 08-19-2014, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• God searching the heart iss the same thing as Him knowing them.
            Keep this going as long as you like - the passage says that 1/ God searches the heart (yes, of a person) and 2/ God knows the mind of the (Holy) Spirit.
            We know that the passage says God knows the mind of the Holy Spirit, because the one that God knows the mind of is the one doing the interceding.

Your refutation is wholly imaginary. You're trying to shoehorn the text into support for your assertions about an unrelated issue.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• No need to pray to her when Romans 8:26-27 teaches otherwise.

Yeah ok...keep your idiocy going.

Comment

• Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
                No need to pray to her when Romans 8:26-27 teaches otherwise.
                You finally apply the verse properly - it demonstrates that there is no need to pray to Mary.
                See how easy it is? You don't have to invent stories about what the passage says, you don't have to lie about the meaning of the scripture. All you have to do is use a bit of nous to work out how it properly applies.

Now - how does this impact on whether it is permissible to pray to resurrected saints? It isn't possible to say that the verse prohibits calling on others to pray for you: people are instructed to call on the elders for prayer.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• When I say no need to pray to her that means it is a sin to do so for it is attributing to her omniscience.
                  Omniscience....nope I wasn't lying or making that up. I cited plenty of sources that agree with me - and yes to be the Heart-Knower means to be omniscient.

Tell me when myriads of people can silently call on someone (besides God) and that person being called on knows every silent request.
                  Let me help you...never - for that wold require omniscience (See Paragraph #1 cf. Romans 8:26-27).

Comment

• When people ask elders to pray for them, they are not attributing omniscience to the elders. Quite clearly omniscience isn't needed to hear and understand prayer, and neither is it needed for a prophet to know what is in a person's heart. Both conditions rely on God's willingness for those things to happen.

Tell me when myriads of people can silently call on someone and that person being called on knows every silent request.
                    If God makes it possible, it is possible. You need to be able to demonstrate that God will not make it possible.
                    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Nope. It's what Romans 8:26-27 teaches.

The player caught the ball then sank a 3 point shot at the buzzer. Basketball? No, because he insists that he is really playing baseball despite all the evidence to the contrary.

God alone has the power to know the unspoken words of the heart.
                      Mary and others do not.
                      Judging the hearts and prayers, beliefs and intentions of others is not a baseball game, and you clearly are in no position to do so justly because you make up false claims about what people supposedly say but will not admit to.
                      אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

If God makes it possible, it is possible. You need to be able to demonstrate that God will not make it possible.
                        It is clearly not possible for foudroyant's god.
                        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

To thee all flesh shall come. This refers to worship. People go to God in prayer which is worship....]
                          In your general ignorance (scriptural and social) you seem not to have an understanding of the English language. Etymologicaly speaking, worship, in old English, simply means giving someone their worth. In terms of Jesus, we would not have received Jesus without Mary (or some equivalent), so logically she deserves our appreciation!!!

I'm RCC, and in my perspective, when I say the rosary, especially when contemplating the stations of the cross, I reflect on Mary's human suffering, her hopelessness and the strength of her son. While dieing on the cross, to the apostle John, Jesus committed the welfare of his mother (Jesus' mother) to him. Have a think upon that.

Frankly foudroyant, in your strident opinionation, I consider you the vomit of humanity...and very much a non-christian in any shape or form. (Heh! that's just my opinion of you given your behaviour here at TheologyWeb - you being (asumingly) an ignorant, obese juvenile trying to bully people into your own self denial of standard Christian belief (whether it be the various forms of formal Protestant belief, RCC, ROC, EOC, OOC, CoE, Lutheran etc)).
                          Last edited by apostoli; 08-19-2014, 01:53 PM.

Comment

When people ask elders to pray for them, they are not attributing omniscience to the elders.
                            If they can fully know silent prayer like the Holy Spirit does then they are.

You wrote, "Quite clearly omniscience isn't needed to hear and understand prayer..."

Quite clearly Romans 8:26-27 teaches otherwise (See Post #872).
                            Last edited by foudroyant; 08-19-2014, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                              Judging the hearts and prayers, beliefs and intentions of others is not a baseball game, and you clearly are in no position to do so justly because you make up false claims about what people supposedly say but will not admit to.
                              Never said it IS a baseball game dummy but the point can't be refuted. All the evidence points to the contrary.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                It is clearly not possible for foudroyant's god.

Because my God is omniscient. You claim your little god Mary isn't but in practice you affirm it.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X