Announcement

Collapse

Ecclesiology 201 Guidelines

Discussion on matters of general mainstream Christian churches. What are the differences between Catholics and protestants? How has the charismatic movement affected the church? Are Southern baptists different from fundamentalist baptists? It is also for discussions about the nature of the church.

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and theists. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions. Additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Praying to Mary is worshiping Mary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
    The so called answer you provided in post #860 was wrong.
    Wow Dunce boy you provided zero proof for your assertion.
    That may work well within your idiot club but do yourself a favor by not employing this technique elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
      The RCC and others pray to their mythical Mary...thus the believe she is a god for every time in Scripture prayer takes place it is worship.
      Have you ever tried to take a course in logic? Specifically, look up 'improper syllogism'. They do not believe she is a god because they do not share your interpretation of scripture.
      βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
      ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
        This is the analogy I have been talking about.
        Explain

Comment

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
          Have you ever tried to take a course in logic? Specifically, look up 'improper syllogism'. They do not believe she is a god because they do not share your interpretation of scripture.
          He does not believe he played basketball because he does not share his parents interpretation of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apostoli
            In my RCC experience, when we find ourselves at wits end, when our faith becomes so low that we cannot front up to the Father or the Son, the Spirit intervenes
            That comment (in so far as I have quoted it, and no further) comes far closer to describing the intent of Romans 8:26-27 than anything Foudroyant has presented as an explanation. Apostoli is at least bowling in the proper lane, where Foudroyant has bowled a gutter ball three lanes left of where the verse is. (and there are only two lanes to the proper lane's left.)
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Can't EVER properly pray without the Spirit.

Comment

The RCC and others pray to their mythical Mary...
                If Mary is a myth so is Jesus!!! (???????????) Several billion Christians will disagree with your Taliban styled insinuations...

Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
                thus the believe she is a god for every time in Scripture prayer takes place it is worship.
                Given your inability to articulate sensibly, I assume you have had one scotch too many and are thoroughly pissed (intoxicated). So I should ignore you! But I've known depression, so I'll extend some Christian compassion towards you...

No one, RCC or otherwise, that I have ever encountered in my longish lifetime has ever proclaimed Mary to be a God. Whether or not she has attained to the expectation of A.Peter is debatable from your perspective,. However, I've never met any Christian, Protestant or otherwise, that assumes Mary did not (has not) attained A.Peter's view of our promise: "To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time...." (1 Pe 1:4-5) and "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." (2 Pe 1:4).,,,

It is plainly obvious you have a grand deficiency in your knowledge of Christian scripture and culture!!!
                Last edited by apostoli; 08-20-2014, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Mary is real. The RCC "Mary" is not.
                  They may not claim she is a God but in action they affirm it.

Only God is to be prayed to.

Show me one passage from the Bible where prayer isn't worship.

Comment

Mary is real. The RCC "Mary" is not.
                    What a load of belligerent crap!!!! Mary is a very human Mary whatever Christian Church one belongs to - especially in the RCC, ROC, EOC, OOC, CoE & Lutherans etc! In Christian Churches she is the mother of Jesus Christ's humanity! Possibly, whatever cult you belong to thinks differently (?)

They may not claim she is a God but in action they affirm it. Only God is to be prayed to.
                    I remember you reject the inspired scriptures! Especially when they are inconvenient to your opinion. I remember you chucking a major tantrum when I cited the inspired testimony of 1 Chron 29:20 wherein it is explicitly stated that "all the congregation blessed the LORD God (YHWH) of their fathers, and bowed down their heads, and worshipped the LORD (YHWH), and the king (David)".

Show me one passage from the Bible where prayer isn't worship.
                    There are hundreds of them. Buy a concordance...

Comment

• Zero passages presented where prayer is not worship.

Terrible job by you...again.

Comment

He does not believe he played basketball because he does not share his parents interpretation of it.
                        Then you must withdraw your false accusation that Catholics believe Mary is a god.

Comment

• No, because by their prayers they believe she is.

Comment

No, because by their prayers they believe she is.
                            Not if they do not share your interpretation of scripture. Make up your mind; you can't have it both ways.

Comment

• See post #868

Comment

Zero passages presented where prayer is not worship.

Terrible job by you...again.
                                Terrible job on you!!! Apparently, you have recanted on your opinion that David had himeslf (was) worshiped in equivalence to the LORD GOD (YHWH) as scripture explicitly demands = 1 Chron 29:20 wherein it is explicitly stated that "all the congregation blessed the LORD God (YHWH) of their fathers, and bowed down their heads, and worshiped the LORD (YHWH), and the king (David)".

Unfortunately, scripture refutes your basic premise on what worship is and to whom it is directed...it is simply a matter of linguistics. Unfortunately, you are too infantile to have a mature comprehension. Keep to the milk, it may make you prosper!
                                Last edited by apostoli; 08-20-2014, 12:48 PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X